Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New engine test, linux

Works fine here on a nvidia 7300 GT AGP card. 250 to 270 frames per second with all options maxed.

warning.log says:

File 'terrain.dds' is invalid. A valid DDS file must not set DDPF_LUMINANCE as pixel format flags.

File 'textures/terrain.dds' is invalid. A valid DDS file must not set DDPF_LUMINANCE as pixel format flags.

File 'textures/terrain.dds' is invalid. A valid DDS file must not set DDPF_LUMINANCE as pixel format flags.

Edited by hussam

I get a segmentation fault with warning.log containing:

File 'terrain.dds' is invalid. A valid DDS file must not set DDPF_LUMINANCE as pixel format flags.

No other error messages in rest of log files.

GeForce 9600 GSO

Edited by Ignoble

I cannot build source here because:

$ cmake CMakeLists.txt 
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
GUICHANSDL_LIBRARY
linked by target "map_viewer" in directory /home/wariat/programy.src/EL/new_engine/map_viewer
GUICHAN_LIBRARY
linked by target "map_viewer" in directory /home/wariat/programy.src/EL/new_engine/map_viewer

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

i've downloaded binary version and works fine

FSAA	AF  RESOLUTION  FULLSCREEN  MAP	 FPS
no	  no  640x480	 off		 terrain 250fps
no	  no  1024x768   off		 terrain 50fps
x4	  x16 800x600	off		 terrain 50fps

warning.log file contains:

$ cat warning.log 
Can`t use alpha to coverage without anti-aliasing.

about my hardware:

$ uname -a
Linux coyote 2.6.28-gentoo-r5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 24 20:18:55 CEST 2009 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

$ glxinfo | grep -i opengl
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce FX Go5200/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 173.14.15
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
OpenGL extensions:

So far I've only tried this on my laptop and have been unable to get an image (black screen loads and then dies) after the initial selection screen.

I end up with this in the error log:

EXTENDED EXCEPTION(5:opengl_error) at file '/root/new_engine-cmake/engine/texture.cpp' in function 'set_texture_image_2d' line 245: invalid enumerant
... OpenGL version: 2.1. ...
(this seems sus...)

$ lspci |grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
$ glxinfo |grep -i opengl
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GM 20061017 x86/MMX/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 7.0.4
OpenGL extensions:
$ aptitude show xserver-xorg-video-intel |grep Version
Version: 2:2.3.2-2+lenny6
$ glxgears
4399 frames in 5.0 seconds = 879.778 FPS
4378 frames in 5.0 seconds = 875.465 FPS
4309 frames in 5.0 seconds = 861.692 FPS
$uname -a
Linux affagato 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Thu Mar 26 01:08:11 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

I'm going to check out a newer version of xserver-xorg-video-intel (2.7), but as the rest of my desktop (compiz etc) is running happily I'm not sure I want to trash it by upgrading too much (needs new base bits of xorg, etc).

/edit: more info

Edited by Torg

Works fine here on a nvidia GF6600 PCI-E card.

driver version 180.51 from nvidia.com

180-210 FPS with default settings

error.log empty

warning log

Can`t use alpha to coverage without anti-aliasing.

90-110 FPS with fsaa=x2,AF=x2,resolution=1024x768,fullscreen=off

error.log empty

warning.log

~1800 with default settings.

lspci reports:

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G94 [GeForce 9600 GT] (rev a1)

djr@popeye-laptop:~/Desktop/new_engine$ cmake CMakelists.txt

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.

Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:

Boost_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)

used as include directory in directory /home/djr/Desktop/new_engine

used as include directory in directory /home/djr/Desktop/new_engine/engine

used as include directory in directory /home/djr/Desktop/new_engine/map_viewer

GUICHANSDL_LIBRARY

linked by target "map_viewer" in directory /home/djr/Desktop/new_engine/map_viewer

GUICHAN_LIBRARY

linked by target "map_viewer" in directory /home/djr/Desktop/new_engine/map_viewer

djr@popeye-laptop:~/Desktop/new_engine$

On start-up with default options I get about 440 fps, 220 with the options on max, and 50 with 1280x1024 + max options.

This is using Ubuntu Linux 9.04 on a Pentium 4 2.4GHz with Nvidia GeForce 7600GS graphics card.

I noticed that as you pan the camera around, the ground appears to bubble up/down in places.

I can't compile this from source without installing unsupported versions of tools (an possibly libraries, I need to check the latest code) which is a bit of a shame for a pretty recently updated Linux distro. It also means I would not be able to make proper Ubuntu/Debian packages for this code.

I noticed that as you pan the camera around, the ground appears to bubble up/down in places.

That's probably the LOD.

I can't compile this from source without installing unsupported versions of tools (an possibly libraries, I need to check the latest code) which is a bit of a shame for a pretty recently updated Linux distro. It also means I would not be able to make proper Ubuntu/Debian packages for this code.

This is a preliminary version, to test the hardware. By the time it will be ready for release Ubuntu will probably be version 11.04

This is a preliminary version, to test the hardware. By the time it will be ready for release Ubuntu will probably be version 11.04

OK. It is looking very nice though. :pickaxe:

Anyway, what tools and libraries do you need updated to get this to compile?

Cmake for a start, but last time I tried there were libraries too. I'll have a closer look at it tomorrow.

Could someone list the steps to get this compiled correctly? I do not see a bin file after running cmake.

On Ubuntu 9.04 I have successfully built and run from the source code supplied in the link above.

I had to download and install the latest version of CMake I used this script..

I was incorrect in my previous statement on libraries. All the libraries needed are indeed available in 9.04. I had to installed several extra packages (libboost1.37-dev libqt4-dev libguichan-dev) but nothing outside the current Ubuntu release apart from CMake.

Could someone list the steps to get this compiled correctly? I do not see a bin file after running cmake.

Once I had installed CMake and the required libraries.

bunzip2 new_engine-src.tar.bz2
tar xf new_engine-src.tar
cd new_engine
<path to local install of cmake>/cmake CMakeLists.txt
make
cd map_viewer/
./map_viewer

Edited by bluap

djr@popeye-laptop:~/Desktop/new_engine$ cmake CmakeLists.txt

used as include directory in directory /home/djr/Desktop/new_engine

used as include directory in directory /home/djr/Desktop/new_engine/engine

used as include directory in directory /home/djr/Desktop/new_engine/map_viewer

GUICHANSDL_LIBRARY

GUICHAN_LIBRARY

djr@popeye-laptop:~/Desktop/new_engine$ make

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

djr@popeye-laptop:~/Desktop/new_engine$

djr@popeye-laptop:~/new_engine$ cmake CMakeLists.txt

-- The C compiler identification is GNU

-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU

-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc

-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done

-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++

-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done

-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H

-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H - found

-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads

-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found

-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread

-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found

-- Found Threads: TRUE

-- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib/libz.so

-- Found PNG: /usr/lib/libpng.so

-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so

-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so - found

-- Looking for gethostbyname

-- Looking for gethostbyname - found

-- Looking for connect

-- Looking for connect - found

-- Looking for remove

-- Looking for remove - found

-- Looking for shmat

-- Looking for shmat - found

-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE

-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found

-- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so

-- Performing Test gcc_sse

-- Performing Test gcc_sse - Success

-- Performing Test gcc_sse2

-- Performing Test gcc_sse2 - Success

-- Performing Test gcc_fpmath

-- Performing Test gcc_fpmath - Success

-- Performing Test gcc_fastmath

-- Performing Test gcc_fastmath - Success

-- Performing Test gcc_wall

-- Performing Test gcc_wall - Success

used as include directory in directory /home/djr/new_engine

used as include directory in directory /home/djr/new_engine/engine

used as include directory in directory /home/djr/new_engine/map_viewer

GUICHANSDL_LIBRARY

linked by target "map_viewer" in directory /home/djr/new_engine/map_viewer

GUICHAN_LIBRARY

djr@popeye-laptop:~/new_engine$

Do I need libboost 1.37 or is 1.35 sufficient?

djr@popeye-laptop:~/new_engine/map_viewer$ cmake CMakeLists.txt

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:

No cmake_minimum_required command is present. A line of code such as

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

should be added at the top of the file. The version specified may be lower

if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project. For more

information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".

This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

GUICHANSDL_LIBRARY

GUICHAN_LIBRARY

djr@popeye-laptop:~/new_engine/map_viewer$ ./map_viewer

bash: ./map_viewer: No such file or directory

djr@popeye-laptop:~/new_engine/map_viewer$

SEND directions for the slow folks.

Edited by popeye

Compiled on Arch Linux 64, had to update Mesa library to 7.4.2 to get it work (glx.h was missing some declarations used in fsaa.cpp).

Works like a charm (200 fps on a GT 9500) with full FSAA and AF at 1600x1200.

As already noticed LOD is quite "bumpy".

Do I need libboost 1.37 or is 1.35 sufficient?

SEND directions for the slow folks.

As Xaphier said at the start of this thread, you need libboost 1.37. In addition to the normal packages you need to compile the current 1.80 client, you will need at least libqt4-dev and libguichan-dev plus the dependencies they require. You also need the latest version of CMake. Ubuntu 9.04 has everything you need except the version of CMake which you can download and install as a user copy from the link I provided. If you are using Ubuntu 8.10 then you may be OK, I don't have a 8.10 machine handy to check, but you will still need the later CMake version.

_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(int, const char *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const void *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, void *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, char *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(ssize_t, const char *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const void *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, void *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, char *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, size_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, socklen_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, socklen_t, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, unsigned int, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test int send(SOCKET, const char *, unsigned int, unsigned int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Failed

-- Performing Test ssize_t send(int, const void *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test)

-- Performing Test ssize_t send(int, const void *, size_t, int) (curl_cv_func_send_test) - Success

-- Performing Test HAVE_MSG_NOSIGNAL

-- Performing Test HAVE_MSG_NOSIGNAL - Success

-- Performing Test HAVE_STRUCT_TIMEVAL

-- Performing Test HAVE_STRUCT_TIMEVAL - Success

-- Performing Test HAVE_POLL_FINE

-- Performing Test HAVE_POLL_FINE - Success

-- Check size of sig_atomic_t

-- Check size of sig_atomic_t - done

-- Performing Test HAVE_SIG_ATOMIC_T_NOT_VOLATILE

-- Performing Test HAVE_SIG_ATOMIC_T_NOT_VOLATILE - Success

-- Check size of struct sockaddr_storage

-- Check size of struct sockaddr_storage - done

-- Looking for include files HAVE_CTYPE_H

-- Looking for include files HAVE_CTYPE_H - found

-- Looking for include files HAVE_FNMATCH_H

-- Looking for include files HAVE_FNMATCH_H - found

-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_MKDEV_H

-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_MKDEV_H - not found.

-- Looking for include files HAVE_GLOB_H

-- Looking for include files HAVE_GLOB_H - found

-- Looking for include files HAVE_DIRENT_H

-- Looking for include files HAVE_DIRENT_H - found

-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_SYSMACROS_H

-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_SYSMACROS_H - found

-- Looking for dirname

-- Looking for dirname - found

-- Looking for fnmatch

-- Looking for fnmatch - found

-- Looking for lchown

-- Looking for lchown - found

-- Looking for snprintf

-- Looking for snprintf - found

-- Looking for strlcpy

-- Looking for strlcpy - not found.

-- Looking for strmode

-- Looking for strmode - not found.

-- Looking for strsep

-- Looking for strsep - found

-- Looking for vsnprintf

-- Looking for vsnprintf - found

-- Looking for glob

-- Looking for glob - found

-- Looking for major

-- Looking for major - found

-- Looking for minor

-- Looking for minor - found

-- Looking for makedev

-- Looking for makedev - found

-- Check size of dev_t

-- Check size of dev_t - done

-- Check size of major_t

-- Check size of major_t - failed

-- Check size of minor_t

-- Check size of minor_t - failed

-- Check size of nlink_t

-- Check size of nlink_t - done

-- Check size of uint64_t

-- Check size of uint64_t - done

-- Check size of gid_t

-- Check size of gid_t - done

-- Check size of mode_t

-- Check size of mode_t - done

-- Check size of off_t

-- Check size of off_t - done

-- Check size of uid_t

-- Check size of uid_t - done

-- Check if the system is big endian

-- Searching 16 bit integer

-- Check size of unsigned short

-- Check size of unsigned short - done

-- Using unsigned short

-- Check if the system is big endian - little endian

-- Looking for include files HAVE_STDARG_H

-- Looking for include files HAVE_STDARG_H - found

-- Looking for include files HAVE_WCHAR_H

-- Looking for include files HAVE_WCHAR_H - found

-- Looking for asprintf

-- Looking for asprintf - not found.

-- Looking for setgroups

-- Looking for setgroups - not found.

running cd "/home/djr/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp" && /usr/bin/cmake -E copy src2.c src.c 2>&1

-- Performing Test VA_LIST_ISNOT_ARRAY_DEFINE

-- Performing Test VA_LIST_ISNOT_ARRAY_DEFINE - Failed

running cd "/home/djr/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp" && /usr/bin/cmake -E copy src2.c src.c 2>&1

-- Performing Test HAS_VA_COPY

-- Performing Test HAS_VA_COPY - Success

-- Performing Test ATTR_UNUSED_VAR

-- Performing Test ATTR_UNUSED_VAR - Success

-- Looking for elf.h

-- Looking for elf.h - found

-- Configuring done

-- Generating done

-- Build files have been written to: /home/djr/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4$ cd ~/Desktop/new_engine

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/new_engine$ cmake Cmakelists.txt

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1 (cmake_minimum_required):

CMake 2.6.4 or higher is required. You are running version 2.6.2

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/new_engine$ cd ~/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4$ cmake Cmakelists.txt

CMake Error: The current CMakeCache.txt directory /home/djr/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4/CMakeCache.txt is different than the directory /home/djr/Desktop/new_engine where CMackeCache.txt was created. This may result in binaries being created in the wrong place. If you are not sure, reedit the CMakeCache.txt

CMake Error: The source "/home/djr/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4/CMakeLists.txt" does not match the source "/home/djr/Desktop/new_engine/CMakeLists.txt" used to generate cache. Re-run cmake with a different source directory.

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4$ cmake CmakeLists.txt

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4$ make

make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 1

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4$ make -f

make: option requires an argument -- 'f'

Usage: make [options] [target] ...

Options:

-b, -m Ignored for compatibility.

-B, --always-make Unconditionally make all targets.

-C DIRECTORY, --directory=DIRECTORY

Change to DIRECTORY before doing anything.

-d Print lots of debugging information.

--debug[=FLAGS] Print various types of debugging information.

-e, --environment-overrides

Environment variables override makefiles.

-f FILE, --file=FILE, --makefile=FILE

Read FILE as a makefile.

-h, --help Print this message and exit.

-i, --ignore-errors Ignore errors from commands.

-I DIRECTORY, --include-dir=DIRECTORY

Search DIRECTORY for included makefiles.

-j [N], --jobs[=N] Allow N jobs at once; infinite jobs with no arg.

-k, --keep-going Keep going when some targets can't be made.

-l [N], --load-average[=N], --max-load[=N]

Don't start multiple jobs unless load is below N.

-L, --check-symlink-times Use the latest mtime between symlinks and target.

-n, --just-print, --dry-run, --recon

Don't actually run any commands; just print them.

-o FILE, --old-file=FILE, --assume-old=FILE

Consider FILE to be very old and don't remake it.

-p, --print-data-base Print make's internal database.

-q, --question Run no commands; exit status says if up to date.

-r, --no-builtin-rules Disable the built-in implicit rules.

-R, --no-builtin-variables Disable the built-in variable settings.

-s, --silent, --quiet Don't echo commands.

-S, --no-keep-going, --stop

Turns off -k.

-t, --touch Touch targets instead of remaking them.

-v, --version Print the version number of make and exit.

-w, --print-directory Print the current directory.

--no-print-directory Turn off -w, even if it was turned on implicitly.

-W FILE, --what-if=FILE, --new-file=FILE, --assume-new=FILE

Consider FILE to be infinitely new.

--warn-undefined-variables Warn when an undefined variable is referenced.

This program built for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

Report bugs to <bug-make@gnu.org>

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4$ make

make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 1

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4$ cmake_install_cmake

bash: cmake_install_cmake: command not found

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4$ cmake

cmake version 2.6-patch 2

Usage

cmake [options] <path-to-source>

cmake [options] <path-to-existing-build>

Options

-C <initial-cache> = Pre-load a script to populate the cache.

-D <var>:<type>=<value> = Create a cmake cache entry.

-U <globbing_expr> = Remove matching entries from CMake cache.

-G <generator-name> = Specify a makefile generator.

-Wno-dev = Suppress developer warnings.

-Wdev = Enable developer warnings.

-E = CMake command mode.

-i = Run in wizard mode.

-L[A][H] = List non-advanced cached variables.

-N = View mode only.

-P <file> = Process script mode.

--graphviz=[file] = Generate graphviz of dependencies.

--system-information [file] = Dump information about this system.

--debug-trycompile = Do not delete the try compile directories..

--debug-output = Put cmake in a debug mode.

--trace = Put cmake in trace mode.

--help-command cmd [file] = Print help for a single command and exit.

--help-command-list [file] = List available listfile commands and exit.

--help-commands [file] = Print help for all commands and exit.

--help-compatcommands [file]= Print help for compatibility commands.

--help-module module [file] = Print help for a single module and exit.

--help-module-list [file] = List available modules and exit.

--help-modules [file] = Print help for all modules and exit.

--help-custom-modules [file]= Print help for all custom modules and exit.

--help-policy cmp [file] = Print help for a single policy and exit.

--help-policies [file] = Print help for all policies and exit.

--help-property prop [file] = Print help for a single property and exit.

--help-property-list [file] = List available properties and exit.

--help-properties [file] = Print help for all properties and exit.

--help-variable var [file] = Print help for a single variable and exit.

--help-variable-list [file] = List documented variables and exit.

--help-variables [file] = Print help for all variables and exit.

--copyright [file] = Print the CMake copyright and exit.

--help = Print usage information and exit.

--help-full [file] = Print full help and exit.

--help-html [file] = Print full help in HTML format.

--help-man [file] = Print full help as a UNIX man page and exit.

--version [file] = Show program name/version banner and exit.

Generators

The following generators are available on this platform:

Unix Makefiles = Generates standard UNIX makefiles.

CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles = Generates CodeBlocks project files.

Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles

= Generates Eclipse CDT 4.0 project files.

KDevelop3 = Generates KDevelop 3 project files.

KDevelop3 - Unix Makefiles = Generates KDevelop 3 project files.

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4$ cmake CmakeLists.txt

djr@djr-laptop:~/Desktop/cmake-2.6.4$

Linux users tend to forget what it was like switching to linux. I still need complete directions to compile things. :confused: I'd really like to compile this, but I can't seem to get it right. I have boost 1.37 installed. I can't figure out how to install cmake 2.6.4.