Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BunnieRabbit

Another boat on IP.

Ok, since white stone is very big and lots of people are there I grue there a lot just randomly. So I was thinking it wouldnt be that hard to put another boat to 'blah' map maybe make it were you have to pay to go on it. If too complicated or dont like idea then ok np :D 

EDIT: I also txted this on my cellphone. That explains some mistakes if any :-/

Edited by Rionz1

I think there's two issues here to consider.

First, with the current arrangement of boats, a person on IP is only 2-3 boat jumps from a large variety of maps. A little more connectivity wouldn't hurt, but probably isn't a high priority.

Second, to suggest another boat really needs you to suggest what map it would sail to (should be a somewhat newb-friendly map) along with some justification as to why that would be an appropriate well-balanced addition to the C1 boat network.

So perhaps you can develop a bit more content to your idea to provide something to consider and debate?

What other map can it go too?

Dp is just 2 boats away, so is PL and votd.

Naralik isn't very nice place, and so is GP.

I don't think there is another friendly map that a boat can go to.

I know this wasnt well planned. Im not talking about distances its about connection i havnt went one time on eternal lands without lagging out in white stone. I cant go to get sigils anymore because of my connection

and i know im not the only one that has seen the grue. As for the new boat maybe votd could be a nice map? Is it possible to make the boat take a certain oa and a few gc to sail on to make it almost newb safe. And idk how but it could cause more exploring. Anyone need more info just post :omg:.

Edited by Rionz1

Not a bad idea.. though it's already been mentioned that the c1 boat system is very well-constructed. Adding in an extra line has to be thought out. Obviously if another boat was added, it'd have to go to a newbie friendly map.. which limits it to DP and VOTD. Those are only a few boat rides away as is (though I will admit, when I was a newbie, I didn't realize there was a second boat at the docks :omg:)

This is a bit off-topic from a new IP boat, but I can't tell you how many time I've wished there was a boat from WS docks to either the Southern coast of Morcraven Marsh or the Northern coast of Naralik. Those maps seem to be so far away from the main travel routes. And looking at the big map of Seridia, the distance from IP or WS to MM is shorter than the distance to Desert Pines by the existing boat.

Yes. The boat system is well thought out.

I could agree on a votd boat. DP has enough boats already.

And MM is far away, maybe put a MM boat in votd? Anyways DP has a lot of boats, votd is only one i can think of that might work.

if tg, pl and naralik are not newbie-friendly, how is whitestone then? it has gargs, who ignore def 26, while goblins ignore def 21. and that's less.

Yeah, DHT has a point. Newbies are likely to run into gargs exploring ws. Than running into a goblin walking around in votd unless they walked into the gob cave. Im starting to see another reason a votd boat needs to be on ip. :-)

Edited by Rionz1

Well, remember, gargs are only out at night. Plus, white stone is a rather large map, and the likelihood of a newbie running into a garg is low.

Yes it is low but when i was below ignore level i had been killed 3 times atleast. But votd is only dangerous in the gob cave and temple. But ws dangerous for 3 hours out of 6. Anyway im not suggesting we remove the ws boat but only add another boat so people that dont have the 100+ fps dont lag out trying to get to dp,votd,nc, etc. Atm theres only one way out of ip and thats the biggest map and like i said dont remove ws boat but only add another. Preferably votd.

Yes it is low but when i was below ignore level i had been killed 3 times atleast. But votd is only dangerous in the gob cave and temple. But ws dangerous for 3 hours out of 6. Anyway im not suggesting we remove the ws boat but only add another boat so people that dont have the 100+ fps dont lag out trying to get to dp,votd,nc, etc. Atm theres only one way out of ip and thats the biggest map and like i said dont remove ws boat but only add another. Preferably votd.

I don't think your problem is a common one. Maybe you should look at your own system and figure out a solution :)

Boat to south MM or north Naralik would be quite handy..

As for a newbie boat.. i think 2-3 boats isnt unreasonable travel distance + ive rarely seen a gargoyle at WS docks.

Boat to south MM or north Naralik would be quite handy..

As for a newbie boat.. i think 2-3 boats isnt unreasonable travel distance + ive rarely seen a gargoyle at WS docks.

Since there are only 3 gargoyles that wander WS, the largest map on C1, it's rare for newbs to run into them. When They were first placed there, fighters would even play 'garg patrol' to search them out and kill them, then keep them limited to VC/maze area.