Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lyanna

Trying to pull all the major stories together

Hmm a war between all the aces, or all the racesfihting together? I think the idea of them fighting either other intriguing lol. We could all write a story for a set race or something. Depending on the time and age it would be set it we could make it incredibly accurate or vaguley accurate with a general idea of the battle.

Ok heres the Gnomes who are taking place in this 'spy' business lol-Corydo, Loopo, Daerwocket. (I love the last name of the Gnomes its funny sounding). Only thing I need now is who they are working with and I will make a story web and branch off the better of my ideas lol.

K I'll replace them with Elven warriors instead.

Glinin's elevation... As I wrote it he was elevated mainly because of his outstanding life as a craftsman and elder, coupled specifically with his bravery and tactical skill during the battle itself (despite his age and fragility). Also he was very much second choice. If Folis had lived he would have been elevated instead.

I can rewrite it so he spent longer in the war, but the problem is he didn't join until after the standoff between Unolas and the Aluwenists began so either way he'd not really be doing much fighting until then. The point about the Dwarves only being involved for one battle was that they swung the balance of the entire thng, and the Aluwenists would have lost otherwise so Glilin's mobilisation of the Dwarves even so late on was a deciding factor in the war's outcome.

Pity, Prayers, Pardon, Paralysis, Parity, Purdah, Patience, Politics, Punsihment (so many P words, so little time)...

Okay, just to let you know... there MIGHT be a possibility of Dragons being put as monsters in the new server. (See Visual Art Forum) We may have to work on a story telling of the decline of the Dragons from an intelligent race to semi-intelligent monsters. But this is just a heads-up. Let's just keep on working on the extermination angle for now, and wait and see if Roja will implement them as actual creatures.

-Lyn-

Concerning dragons..... there is a big technical problem with big monsters in the game now, that is why i never made dragons so far.

About dragons in teh storyline...I never wanted them to be completely extinct-perhaps it SEEMS as thoguh they are, but for the readers it should be a mystery as to what happened to them. When we make EL2(that is if EL is successful :P, there will surely be dragons, and the stories will be like a continuation.

So please do not assume that anything visually will be implemented until you ask me ;) Usually people post stuff in the art forum without asking if it's possible to do.

Sure, no problem, then. :P It'll make it easier on us. Besides, we've only tracked Dragon history to the point where Kayliana and most of the Dragons went into their silver pendants. What happened to the rest is still a mystery...

Glad to know you're still reading these forums, Roja. ;)

Saii, all right, I'll change the timeline for your war. (By the way, what does the "k I'm changing them to Elven warriors" comment mean?) I lengthened the Destruction of the Centaurs and shortened the time between Portland and the Great Agreement. I'm also changing "The Extermination of the Dragons" to "The Dragon Wars" until Kayliana comes up with a better idea. And I'll put in Arafin's Fingolfin story (but you'll still need to do a bit of touch-up there..)

-Lyn-

For the thread "How Much Longer", it is long... but you'll have to get the whole story from Tumaros, since he's got the original. The one that's been made on THIS forum was just something for fun... you know, like a sequal or something. It just gave us something to do.

I was writing the Dreagoni in as covering the exodus of Gaia's fleet and as the major part of the main army in the Battle of Portland, but presumably they wouldn't have been around at that point.

Not necessarily...remember that there is a period of nearly 4,500 years between the Dragon Wars and your war, so there's plenty of time for the Dreagoni to have developed into a viable race.

Hehe touch up? I thought it as perfection lol...j/k

Exactly what shall I touch up-grammar, add more to character figure to give a mental image of the warrior(s), add dialogue?

Just curious, I can just make the current more descriptive of the event and leave the characters features to the imagination of the reader.

I can also extend it by about another....oh I would say 7-0 paragraphs by just adding a few things here and there.

Lots of stuff I can do and not do to it, just curious as to what the touch up of it you want lol?

Oh I thought the Dreagoni were the souls of the Dragons escaped from the pendants, did I misread? In which case, has it been explained how they were created?

No, the Dreagoni are a separate race of individuals. Kayliana's story has them descended from Iringold, the third of her Dragons. Roja's description says Iringold is their god. It could be both. However, no story has been told of that yet, although I think Kay's working on it...

The dragon souls thing is purely Kay's idea, and provides the foundation for roleplay of the GDC guilds. That's in modern times. These souls are the souls of the "real" Dragons - the ones that were nearly wiped out during the Dragon wars. They are a separate race from the Dreagoni.

-Lyn-

K I've done a quick cut and paste exercise and come up with this, which is the B.G.A timeline with supporting material.

Issues raised include:

*Gnomes need a proper background (probly but not necessarily based on what I've got down from various sources)

*Dreagoni history needs sorting, when did Iringold spawn em for example (A quick thought, if I got rid of Dreagon and instead we had Iringold, could he have hidden, then later reappeared as Glydoc to 'adopt' his own race?)

*Satyr's destruction needs to be done.

---------------------------------

1st Age Stories & Events: The Age of Power (B.G.A = Before Great Agreement)

Approx. 6,000 B.G.A Creation of the World (Unknown)

<Elven Legend>

Their legends speak of six Gods, different in form as in thought, who for time without end had debated existence and reason. Endless conversations resolved only in an agreement that their first purpose should be creation - the making of a world in which to ground their theories and test assumptions.

They began in harmony, placing the ground beneath and the sky above, giving boundaries to the perception of all who would live there. They created inert plant and active animal, to provide the concept of time both moving and still. They created Sea, Sun and Moon, to balance the smallness of things with a greatness of concept.

Hume was first to depart from this great unity she and the others had shared. She grew tired of trees and animals, feeling that something lacked from this green and verdant land. She began to experiment. Stones and metals were crushed, mixed and heated to create new and immovable hybrids. Hume found after constant experiment a concept she regarded as an improvement over the vague stillness of root and branch.

Dvar was the second of the Gods to follow this route, though he was more careful in his experiments. His love of permanence was linked inextricably to a respect for the early creations it came from, and he worked hard to make everything worthy of that beauty. His work in metal and stone was vastly more intricate than the efforts of Hume, which is reflected in the craft of his race. Dvar too eventually turned away from the early creations of tree and animal. As the excellence and sturdiness of his work improved he became increasingly obsessed with it; unwilling to participate in sterile debates with the other Gods. He and his race became ever more immured in the comfort of their own creations and homes.

Aluwen was the most stubborn God. She and her race never took to the ways of Hume and Dvar, and she instead became enamoured with nature in all its brevity. She gave her race long life so they might study it the better, and dedicated her time to watching the first of the God's creations.

Dreagon dreamt very differently from the others. He came to believe that permanence was desirable, but only because it allowed him to watch his own tribe - his own mind - more closely. Dreagon found within himself fascinations others sought in the world around them, and these were the strengths of the soul.

Satyr like Centau was a true believer in change, though her belief did not translate itself into such madness as his. She instead found sound to be a far greater source of plurality, and cherished the beauty of music. Like Aluwen, she loved the leaves and animals, and so sought to complement them with beautiful sounds.

Centau hated all suggestion of permanence, and found the attempts of Hume and Dvar to create it incomprehensible. Instead he sought endlessly for change, believing it his only means of finding solution to the endless nothingness he came from. Centau roamed the world he and the other Gods had created, running endlessly and glorying in endless mutation.

There was one more God, and he disagreed from the start with creation. Mortos fought against the other five, tearing down sky and earth even as it came into being. He was horrified by life and death, change and permanence, and wished it all away. For time beyond comprehension he fought the others, destroying their thoughts and feeding their fears.

Approx. 5,500 B.G.A Dragons created (Kayliana)

<Dreagoni Legend ?>

In the beginning, the great goddess Aluwen cherished all life as she does now. The world had always been a beautiful place, but Aluwen felt something was missing. Thus it was that she created the first sentient being to roam Eternal-Lands, the Dragon.

This Dragon was a gorgeous creature, shaped by Aluwen with large majestic wings and a graceful body. The Dragon was mainly white, but was touched by every color in varying ways. Reds, blues, greens, purples, oranges...Aluwen blessed her with the name Tiral, which means "All Colors".

From Tiral, three children were born. The first was the son Kerzhrikahr, whose name means "Colorless One", for Kerzhrikahr was born Black. So it was that Tiral, the All-Mother, decided that it would be Black Dragons who would rule over her descendants, for Kerzhrikar was kind and knowledgeable of all creatures.

The second child was a daughter, colored a molten gold. Her name was Trishnisa, which means "Of the Sun", for the light glinting off her scales was both beautiful and blinding.

The third child was another son by the name Iringold, who went on to spawn the race of the Draegoni.

Having always been creatures of Order, the Dragons soon formed a Grand Dragon Council. The Council was formed in order to provide justice and knowledge to every Dragon who was able and willing to attend. A beautiful palace of marble was constructed and dedicated to the All-Mother, Tiral, who looked upon her children’s work and was pleased.

Tiral was gifted with Eternal life, though she remained hidden, watching her beloved children as they learned of the world and the creatures in it. As the three began to understand and to further reason, other races began to emerge.

Approx. 5,450 B.G.A Elves created (Saii, Kayliana)

<Elven legend>

Aluwen gave her second race long life so they might study the God's earlyest works the better. As her race began to crave independence, their gathering wisdom and the influence of Aluwen gave them a deep love of everything that lives. They over all the other races give most thanks to their God, appreciating the great beauty of the world they have been given.

Approx. 5,300 B.G.A Dwarves created (Saii, Kayliana)

<Elven Legend>

Dwarves were to follow, the sons of Dvar, with tough, sturdy bodies and a love of the darkness and gems from the earth. Over time Dvar and his race became ever more immured in the comfort of their own creations and homes. As the race of Dwarves gained their own voice, and took to the eating of flesh, they became isolationists and master craftsmen.

Approx. 5,200 B.G.A Humans created (Saii, Kayliana)

<Dreagoni Legend>

Hume created the fourth race of Humanity, a people not blessed with long lives but given the ability to choose whatever may fancy them, and gifted with a wonderful imagination. Her race were the first to fashion buildings from the deaths of other creatures, cutting down trees to fashion new more permanent things. They began to kill animals and use their furs, and began to eat to sustain themselves. No longer did they live and die as their god willed, but survived beyond her design, drawing on the goodness of the God's other creations to replenish themselves. They became ever more independent of their mistress, but kept their love of buildings and permanence.

5,200 – 5,000 B.G.A Other races created (Saii, Kayliana, Arafin, Sam 3773)

<Elven Legend>

Through the next two centuries Gnomes, Centaurs, Satyr and Orcs also joined the ranks of the races.

Gnomes: Little is known of their background, though rumours persist. Some say they represented a split in Dvar's mind caused by his guilt over withdrawing from the other Gods. Others believe that they are the offspring of Dwarves and Humans - a dreadful mixing of essences that if true, could explain the God's later self-imposed exile.

Centaurs: The race of Centau was forced to constantly move; they were birthed and killed daily under the weight of Centau's need. They were the only race to ever truly rebel against their God, influenced by the serenity of the Elves and betraying a doubt in Centau's own mind, by beginning to eat and live longer lives. Deprived of his race, and obsessed with his need for constant change, Centau fell from grace, losing his sanity and racing like a beast through the plains and wastes of the world. Though the other Gods tried to console him, Centau was deaf to their words, and his final fate would be a dark one.

Satyr: Her race became wonderful musicians, and lived deep in the forests where their music, and their nature, could remain undisturbed.

Orcs: Created by Mortos in his great anger to blight the lives of the other races and bark defiance at his fellow Gods. Though he made them less intelligent than the others, he also made them strong and vicious.

4,750 – 4,600 B.G.A The Dragon Wars (Kayliana)

<Elven, Human and Dreagoni legend>

As the first race, the Dragons felt inclined to teach their young followers what they knew. Due to their sharp claws, however, they were only able to put their knowledge into writing in curved or straight groves in the rock, which would soon erode away. The Elves, who were always very bright, learned quickly how to use parchment and ink to record lessons so that anyone might read them.

The scrolls were later deemed the Scrolls of Knowledge and were kept in the Grand Palace of Tiral for the use of any who wished to read them. At this time there was peace, and much to be gained from the other races.

However, the short-lived Humans soon became jealous of the Dragons knowledge, their beauty, their power, their long-life, and plotted to destroy that which they could not have. Under the reign of Kshirtan the Black, descendant of Kerzhrikahr, the plot was put into action.

A Human, remembered by the Dragons as only the Betrayer, led a band into the Grand Palace and attacked Kshirtan with a specially made sword and stole the Scrolls of Knowledge. This sword was later named the Serpent sword, for it was the first sword to pierce the hide of a Dragon. Kshirtan was mortally wounded upon the steps of the Palace, and made his way to the throne room where he later died.

Enraged, the Dragons led a retaliation upon the Humans. The Elves sided with their Draconic teachers, and the Dwarves sided with the Humans. For the first time in the history of the Eternal-Lands there was war. Many creatures of each race were slain, and soon there were no longer enough who were capable of battle.

The four races separated and left one another alone, harboring secret hatreds and distrusts until no one even remembered quite why they despised the other races. The Dragons, hunted down one by one, soon began to fear for their future and approached the Elves for help. Using their knowledge of the earth and their crafting skills, the Elves fashioned beautiful pendants of pure silver in the shape of Dragons themselves.

There was a condition, however.

In order to ensure their future, the Dragons would have to give up their bodies and keep their souls in the silver pendants until the time it would be safe for them to return. Many Dragons feared this eternity in a silver prison, and vanished off to die alone or to be slain by their enemies.

But many others willingly left their bodies and entered the silver pendants into a hibernation where they would stay until it was safe again for Dragons to roam the Eternal-Lands once more. One of these Dragons was Kayliana the Black, granddaughter to the Betrayed Kshirtan and the heir to the throne. It was with a heavy heart she gave up her Draconic form and allowed her soul into the pendant to await a future time.

Approx. 4,500 B.G.A Orchans begin to exist. Mortos banished to underworld. (Saii)

<Dwarven Legend>

The Orcs were Mortos' own race, and reflected his dreadful hatred, yet in time, even some of them came to disagree with him, breeding with Hume's people and begetting the Orchans, a confused and unwelcome mix of Human and Orc.

This travesty, the mixing of one God's essence with another, turned the other Gods against their hate-filled brethren, and they punished Mortos with fearful fury, casting him down beneath the earth to rot with his deviancies. There he remains to this day, and his domain is that of Hell. He sits upon the Ebony Throne and forever plots against this world.

4,000 – 1,000 B.G.A Mortos slowly corrupts the gods (Saii)

<Orchan Legend>

Early in his imprisonment, Mortos discovered a way to reach the free gods in the world above, invading their dreams and insinuating himself into their subconscious. Subtly, he brought a new campaign to destroy their psyches and bend them to his will. He began with Centau, the easiest of the three - one who had already been driven to madness.

Mortos came first into Centau's dreams, where the constant running and tearing, death and renewal of Centau's mindscape proved easy to manipulate. Mortos broke Centau, inflicting horrific images and thoughts on that already tattered soul until the once great God finally threw himself into the seas, screaming and thrashing as he sank to unknowable depths. Though immortal, Centau has since passed out of sight and mind, and is thought to remain beneath the waves, where storms reflect the raging mania of his thoughts.

Mortos' second target was Dvar, lord of the Dwarves. Mortos found Dvar's destruction a harder task, and worked to lead him away from his kin with dreams of great works of craft. Through the God's precise, mathematical mind Mortos promised ever greater feats that could be made, if only Dvar had peace from the world.

Over time, Dvar withdrew from the bustle of life, moving underground to find the silence he needed to make his great creations. In time, he stopped speaking entirely to his kin. Items wrought by Dvar's great skill can still be found in the deep, singing quietly to themselves.

The third of Mortos' targets was Dreagon (?), whose straightforward mind was easy to cloud, but impossible to break. Dreagon's dreams were simple, unambiguous clashes of honour and cowardice, and Mortos fed from the latter. Dreagon's own despair was ironically lessened by this, which strengthened his mind both awake and asleep. He soon grew aware enough to notice and expel Mortos, yet the Ebony Throne's influence was noticeable - Dreagon's courage and power in war became offset by a lessening of his goodness. He changed his name to Glydoc and became neutral to the affairs of the world.

Fourth was Hume, the innovator. She was canny, even in her dreams, and provided far more of a challenge than the first of Mortos' victims. Yet over centuries, Mortos had an effect even on her, emphasising her distrust of Glydoc's new, pitiless nature into an intense hatred of his love of war (and hence, destruction). This was however all Mortos could accomplish, and she discovered his presence in her mind, expelling him. With the passing of time her name has become Elandria, and she is beloved by all for her permanence and peaceful nature - though feared for her enigmatic ways.

Next Mortos tried to invade the mind of Satyr, projecting dark images of Hume destroying her forests to try and make her disbelieve any warnings. He was too late. Hume had already told Satyr and so she cast him out almost immediately. She and Elandria, despite their differences, have remained firm friends since. Her love for the life of our world has remained undimmed, and we call her Gaia, life bringer.

Last came Aluwen, the greatest of the six old gods and with Satyr, the one who led the others to cast him into his prison. Mortos, barred from her walled dreams, had to take an altogether different approach against his greatest enemy.

Approx. 3,600 B.G.A Mount Polan erupts (Aira)

<Elven Legend>

A crack of thunder rang about the eastern shores of Doonray. They sky was dark, lit only by the volcano of Mount Polan, named after King Polan of the village himself, the land of that village to be known as Grubani. Swirling clouds of ash and smoke rose from the depths of the earth and into the sky, hovering in the horizon, giving warning to the villagers below. An icy tingling crept into the spines of the villagers. Now screams could be heard from Women, some forcibly pulling their children down the cobblestone streets to the outer gates of the village. Another great roar of thunder broke out as the volcano released its fury and shot into the sky. The smell of sulfur was everywhere as lava rained down upon the helpless village. Thatched roofs were lit aflame, burning with relentless passion. Still more screams rose into the heated air, only to be drowned by coughing and hacking. Smoke was snaking through the streets, poisonous fumes stabbing the lungs of the helpless villagers....

It wasn’t until 7 years later had a team of elvish explorers discovered the cave, hidden deep in the mists and forests, of the volcano where cries of pain and the blood curdling rip of flesh could be heard from the entrance. One of the elves doubled back, running for his life, as the others peered in only to be snatched from their boots and taken in to join the damned souls already captured.

The gods thought it best to keep Mount Polan hidden away, but even still, the horrible cries of pain and suffering can still be heard, if you listen hard enough, ringing through the forests surrounding the now settled Grubani Peninsula. But once you hear those cries, you take off running. For if you’re taken, the horrible cries will become your own as you suffer what many before you have suffered, as you’re skewered on a metal pole and your flesh is being stripped from your bones by dull, metal spikes spinning round n’ round your body. Round n’ round n’ round… n’ round…"

400 – 50 B.G.A Mortos teaches Unolas & Selain (Saii)

<Orchan Legend>

After failing to destroy the three greatest of his captors, Mortos had to find another way of securing his freedom. His knowledge of the limits of his prison had grown yet further over centuries of effort invading the minds of the five, and he was not long in coming with a second attempt to destroy our world.

His chance came with an Elf, perhaps the most brilliant child of that race to have walked these lands.

Unolas was, by many of his kin's standards, a heretic, delving too deeply into areas of the world long avoided. In some ways he was more Dwarven than Elvish in his outlook, craving peace for his experiments with the nature of the Gods' work, and he gave less regard to the beauty of Aluwen's nature. He was more interested in how and why we came to be, and in the possibility of gaining those powers the Gods clearly possessed.

Mortos worked hard to help Unolas in his quest, and over the course of three centuries, the two of them met in dreams that became more vivid and lengthy as time went by. The two became friends (insofar as Mortos is able to befriend anyone), and they learned much from one another, with Unolas writing down their nightly conversations and his daily experiments in a series of massive books.

Twelve thick tomes of knowledge and lore were accumulated, as Unolas' gifted mind leapt the intellectual chasms that divide God and mortal.

Finally, one fine spring day, Unolas stood on the shores of the Second Continent, and pronounced the forms of the essences to a congregation of his Elven kin from every corner of the lands.

He demonstrated each essence in turn, drawing gasps of astonishment as he manifested both creation and destruction around him for several hours, before retiring to his bed, exhausted.

Mortos had not been idle in the daylight hours, as Unolas toiled those long years. He spoke also to a second being, an Orchan known as Selain.

Selain was altogether different from Unolas, uninterested in pure research, driven only by dreams of greed and power. Mortos came across Selain almost by accident, drawn to the Orchan's childish diggings in the darkest pits of the Underworld.

Barely a teen, Selain already had a dark and ruthless cunning, and a wicked gift for the arts of alchemy. He dug in the great depths of the deepest caves for new and powerful ingredients to add to his potions, so he could by stealth dominate his village where he could not by force of arms. So close did he venture to the true realms of Mortos that the dark God heard his scratchings, and invaded his mind.

Mortos was taken with what he saw there. Selain was utterly amoral, and more so than Unolas, would not simply provide help for his plans to escape, but could cause great anguish to the other Gods in doing so.

Mortos poured every once of the power he had accumulated into the vessel, and in doing so, created a God who would ravage the Eternal Lands and begin the Great War.

48 B.G.A Unolas promoted, Selain declares his own godhood & the beginning of the War of the Gods (Saii)

<All Races>

A court was founded, to judge Unolas, whose studies had caused so much concern, with the four Gods Elandria, Gaia, Glydoc and Aluwen sitting on the highest of thrones. It was thought they would find Unolas guilty of heresy and destroy him, yet Mortos pre-empted this, furnishing Unolas with three unassailable arguments:

First of these was his motive. Unolas had caused no harm to others and used his knowledge responsibly.

Second was the mere fact of his dedication, which was not evil in itself and indeed was the only way for the races to grow and evolve as their creators had wished them to.

Third, and most important, was that killing him would not stop others from learning as he had. A line had been crossed. Surely it would be better, given his obvious good character, to elevate rather than punish him for his achievements?

The four Gods were slow to decide, debating for over a decade the various arguments as an already aged Unolas grew frail with time. Glydoc argued in favour of execution, seeing the use of magic by mortal creature as an invitation to cowardice and a betrayal of honour. His view was overruled. The others felt that to try and keep magic from their creations would be unjust. Instead they took into account Unolas' restraint in the use of the powers he had, and the potential harm that these powers could do, and decided to elevate him, to render him immortal so that he could watch over the essences of the mortal realm.

So Unolas took a place among the Gods themselves, and Mortos gained an ally in his quest for freedom.

On the day the decision was made, in the great Hall of the Gods, in front of the princes of every race, Selain broke in on the ceremony and called himself God. He called on Unolas' debt to Mortos and declared war on the other Gods.

47 – 21 B.G.A Destruction of the Centaurs (Saii)

<Dwarven and Elven Legend>

During the Great War the Centaurs lost more than any other Aluwenist race bar the Satyr. They had been most numerous in the Second Continent, roaming in hundreds of small clans across the great open plains of that land, linked only loosely in a series on larger tribes. Sundered from their God and from each other, they were incoherent, rudderless.

As the war began Selain was ruthless to the children of Centaur. Mindful of what Mortos had done to their God and wary of their hatred, the Great Poisoner wasted no time in striking at them wherever he could, sending thousands of his wiley Orchans to hunt the tribes down one by one. Eventually all but a bare 2,000 Centaur were dead, and these journeyed to the coasts, taking Gaia's ships to the first continent.

30 - 21 B.G.A Destruction of the Satyr (??)

<General Hearsay>

Little is known about the destruction of the Satyr as yet. All that is clear is the means by which their capital, and thus the majority of their populace, was destroyed - cowardice and treachery.

3 B.G.A Glilin and the Dwarves join the War (Saii)

<Dwarven Legend>

Glilin looked upon the war, and found the cause of this inferior metal to be Orchan work. Controlling the Second Continent, they owned the ore mines where the best iron was to be found, yet cared little for the process of extracting or smelting it properly. The result was cheap, brittle metal that was simply not usable in his high craft. Glilin decided that this was a cause the Dwarves should fight for, and used his immense influence within the Dwarven community to call a gathering on the subject.

Glilin talked long into the night at this meeting, shouting down agents of Selain who attempted to silence him, and to the surprise of all, including himself, found there to be a huge sympathy for his cause. All the Dwarves had suffered from a lack of usable materials, and a motion was swiftly passed to join the Aluwenists in their struggle.

Within days a flood of high quality ordinance moved from the Northern Valleys to the armouries of Gaia and Dreagon. These were closely followed by legions of highly disciplined Dwarves outfitted in heavy armour, carrying near-unbreakable weapons and headed by Glilin himself.

2 B.G.A Battle of Portland (Saii)

<All Races>

See Battle of Portland thread

Good work, Saii on the cut-and-paste thing...exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of doing eventually. I especially like the adding in of the "Legends". Adds even more atmosphere.

I suggest having Glydoc separate from Iringold and the Dreagoni. Dreagoni are largely magical, which would tie in with the nature of Dragons. Glydoc/Dreagon doesn't fit the picture. (By the way, I liked Minos better...Dreagon sounds a little... :? )

Two things to watch out for:

1) With the tie-in of the Dragons into the main storyline, and hence the passing down of some of their secrets to the Dreagoni and Elves, Unolas may not have been the first to learn magic. You and Kay will have to work that out.

2) Go play the game and talk to the priests. Aluwen's nature isn't much like what you've described. The description of the priest makes her resemble Gaia more. Pay attention to Glydoc/Glilin's (can't remember which) priest, too. You may have to readjust, or consult with Roja about changes to the priest dialogue.

I like the idea of the "Age of Politics" for the Second Age. After the devastation of the races in the previous war, this age could see the remnants maneuvering for power and control over the lands. They've gotten a taste for battle because of the War of the Gods. Maybe no large-scale wars, but a lot of minor skirmishes. Maybe a lot of behind-the-scenes stories, too (assassinations, illegal traffic, the development of crime...). This could also set the stage for an increasing secularisation of the Eternal Lands society, and hence the change from racial Gods to skills.

(Church and State conflicts? :D )

-Lyn-

K, long time no see people, blablabla, I'm back and all, thank you for your concern...

Now we've done that, back on topic with this:

I've read the first page of this thread, then ran out of time and posted this in a hurry. Sorry for that, but I just had to say one small thingy (since I'm still kinda attached to my Diary, which my English teacher read and liked alot :)).

That Diary was meant as some sort of legend/myth, I'd like it to be put in at no excact time. If you need a date, have some adventurer (preferably a mage, since magic is the main thread in the story) find a book in an old cave, a swamp or some other uninhabited area. That book would ofcourse be our Diary...

Post it! I'd like to read it.

:D

The Diary? It's already on the forums :D Diary of a common man.

But if you'd like me to post a story about how the diary was found, I'll think up a nice one.

The Diary? It's already on the forums :P Diary of a common man.

... oh.

[ insert awkward silence here ]

:?

But I like the idea of you making the story of how it was found.

... I'm going to go read the diary now..

lol :D

I'll write it, tomorrow though, schoolparty tonight, 'sgonna be fun, almost shattered my knee yesterday while snowboarding, so I'm not allowed to jump too much 0.0

I'm back! Sorry, all, for being away such a long time. I still can't believe it took the people at my ISP THREE WEEKS to change our account from dial-up to broadband! :? I'll get back to work immediately. Oh, Kay, in case you didn't know, I came back some time ago, but then disappeared for a while because of those silly people...but I will not dignify them by another mention.

Tons of new stories to read and follow up on. Thanks, all the writers (and some non-writers like CK) who have been giving helpful comments on other people's stories in my absence. And I see that Roja's been reading and giving approval to certain stories already. (Congrats, Kay...your Dragons are definitely a part of history now!) :)

More comments and stories to follow,

-Lyn-

Okay, I've just gone through the whole thing again, the first post has been massively updated and now includes a running list of all stories under development, plus each stage of development they're in.

I've named the Second Age the Age of Princes, if you don't mind, and included general descriptions of all the Ages. Any particular objections to any of these? I can still change them. Also, seeing how fast Tumaros is proceeding with the storyline, I've shortened the Great War timespan to only one year.

Saii and Kayliana, could you both do me a favour and put up another "finished" version of your masterpieces up? Especially your History of the Lands, Saii - I think it's been modified quite a bit, so it'll probably be important for the other writers to see the corrected version, and take off from there. Currently, the "Final Edit" version is a little messy... :wink: :D

We're Back in Business, people! :D

-Lyn-

ADD-ON: After thinking a bit about what Entropy said in the "World Creation Story" thread, I'm considering major changes to the timeline as well as to my calendar system. I won't post the new changes yet, because I'm waiting to see what everyone thinks...but it's very definitely possible (with a little bit of help), and might be a whole lot better.

Before I repost anything I seriously need to hear Ent's story first. The later stuff is okay cos it's not directly concerned with the beginnings of the world but the world creation aspect may have to radically changed or even dropped altogether. Battle of Portland I'll add a chunk on the end and send you direct if you like?

Yes, you're right. We'll need to know more about the world Ent is creating first before continuing our stories. In that case:

All synchronisation and modifications to existing stories will pause for a while until Entropy finishes writing his quests/stories

Continuing unfinished stories should be okay, though they will probably have to face rewriting later. New stories should probably be put on hold until the world as we know it has been fully established. Hold on to the Battle of Portland first, Saii, until the creation of the world is over.

-Lyn-

Oh no! Half of the stories are gone! Um... okay. We needed some major re-working anyway. With Ent's new world, a lot of changes need to be made. I'll start a new "pinned" thread later, for the new storyline. Might as well abandon this one.

-Lyn-