Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
incubus10254

Requirement and no fail levels for all lvls.

So I was talking with some people and we came up with a few ideas..

First off, changing all the "recommended" levels to "required" levels. This way, you have to be that level to make or harvest any item. It's that way for magic, and I think it gives incentive to work on your magic level to get to that next step in the skill.

Second, as a trade off to making all items have "required" levels, implement a "no fail" level. I'm mid 80's alch and make 495 out of 500 FE's. At such a high level making such low level items, you shouldn't fail that much. With a "no fail" level, it would eliminate that. With the magic skill, it's 29 levels above the recommended level. I think each skill should have something along those lines where you hit a "no fail" level depending on how hard the skill is. For example, alch and harvest would have to have a higher level since they are one of the easier skills to level in. Crafting would maybe be a little lower because it's a little harder to level in.

Just ideas.

Questions? Opinions? Concerns?

L_G

Yes would make people work harder to get those levels but as soon as one reached the "no fail" level, the market would get full of that type of item thus screwing the economy :/

But I for one am a YES for it :whistle:

i like it, cola wearing off so the gerbil in my head is slowing down and cant think of anything else to add

Mixing like fighting needs to carry an element of risk imo

Its not that fun to lose ingreds for high end armors etc with a critical fail, but these things happen :P

Nah. It's the fact that there is no-fail, but higher levels meaning less fails, that helps encourage to get much higher levels than "the highest rec level for a skill".

Makes it more of a "continuous goal" rather than "I'm there, now what?"... which I kinda felt when I hit no-fail magic restores and portal room visits. That's about the only magic I do, so I have nothing to look forward to with higher levels. (Yeah, more health restored with higher magic levels, but really I'm doing fine with it as it is.)

Nah. It's the fact that there is no-fail, but higher levels meaning less fails, that helps encourage to get much higher levels than "the highest rec level for a skill".

I'm not talking like 29 levels like magic.. like for alch, make it 100 lvls or something so you have to be lvl 101 to have no fail FE's. Something not that's not super easy to reach, but is not reachable either.

*looks at his alch 106* Alch 100's a piece of cake. :P

I don't think the fail rate at these levels is really something to worry over, really.

Of course, it adds a little excitement and anxiety when you mix those hydro bars, hehe.