Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tokthree

Ip banned

Hi, I just went onto Eternal Lands only to find out, to my dismay, that I had been IP-Banned from the game, alas I do not know why

I have broken no rules, heck I'm too terrified to stand up while harvesting for fear of being banned, the only thing I have done that could come even close to breaking a rule was creating two alt-accounts (for testing stat builds) over the course of a few months, the accounts I own are: Tokthree, Tokthreex(I think) and I forgot the third one, I was banned in the past on another account (the reason? I am not aware of any reason except for the fact that the name of said account was Shif7, possible got mistook as a rather... Unsavoury word) but for some reason that account got deleted and my ban lifted.

Nobody else in my house plays this game, it's too boring for my sister and my brother has WoW, I last logged on a day or so ago wherein I made some FE's then logged out.

If I could recieve a reason and a ban time I would be happy, but ultimately I would like to be unbanned, again, if I were unbanned I'm far too cowardly to even consider breaking any rules willingly, so I would respect said rules.

Sincerely ~ Tokthree

Shif7 is not locked or banned or deleted or any such problem. I have no idea what you are talking about there. Might there be a different name you care to tell me about? :)

As for Tokthree, you seem to be on a dynamic IP and hit a banned range. That IP range is most definitely not being unbanned. I can however whitelist one character for you.

Any trouble however and it can and will be removed.

I'm fairly certain my families router uses a static IP o.0, if it is dynamic then I could fix this by restarting my router, correct?

If not I would appreciate it if you were to Whitelist Tokthree

Edit: I restarted my families router and I'm no longer IP banned, I'm sorry for the trouble and, don't worry, I'm not going to cause any trouble :)

Edited by Tokthree

I would like to point out that in general I don't recommend that, because:

1. It is NOT an acceptable way to avoid an IP ban if you are supposed to be banned. And without research into the situation, one should never ever ever advise somebody to do that, or advertise the ability for undesireables to do so. (And when you are caught doing this, it makes your punishment worse, btw)

And assuming one has passed the "inspection" in reason 1,

2. It usually is only a short term fix, as soon as your router re-assigns another IP, there is the possibility for the same problem to come back.

I would just like to say that if I ever get banned for real, I will not use this trick to eavde it, my crappy BT HomeHub crashes and restarts all the time, me hitting a banned IP range was just a coincidence, that was also why I was banned on the account Shif7, I never even thought of restarting my router and trying again...

I'm sorry for the trouble I caused with this so could an admin please lock this thread?

Edited by Tokthree