Eternal Lands Official Forums
The_Piper

"Cooldown" message for harvesting

We have a cooldown message for food, when you try to eat, or for potions too.

Or for magic spells, that you have to wait 1 second, 2 during combat.

But we don't have a message for harvesting, when you have to wait a few secondes before you can harvest this item again.

That is a little bit annoying, when you are on a laggy connection, because then you will end just with some "You started harvesting.." "You stopped harvesting" messages and have to wait even more, before you can start harvesting again.

So my suggestion is to have similar message like the "cooldown" message for food for harvesting too. Like "Not ready, this item has still a harvesting cooldown of nnn seconds" or such.

That would not make harvesting easier, but less frustrating and might save some useless clicks send to the server.

Piper

Also might I suggest that the mini events get added to the "events" counters. That way we could tell how much extra gc/exp/damage we get without searching through chat logs like a madman/madwoman.

maybe there could be a little symbol in the bottom left of the screen (same place as poison) with the cool down timer on top of it easy to see and not in the way to much

Also might I suggest that the mini events get added to the "events" counters. That way we could tell how much extra gc/exp/damage we get without searching through chat logs like a madman/madwoman.

the cvs client already has this :)

This would be a good addition imo.

Another cooldown question:

Why does the food-cooldown uses the higher cooldown times also for lower cooldown food?

Example, I eat 1 fruit, but I still have to wait the cooldown for fruit before I can drink a Feasting Potion.

Imo it should be: eat 1 fruit, and after 10 seconds you can drink FP again... this way fruit and veggies would be used more for mixing again as well :D

Right now for me it is: drink FP, mix all :P, if time left eat toads, mix again, drink FP ... repeat ... hardly any other food used in my experience.

Jerome_NL

I'm totally there and would be happy to help gc wise for implementation

This would be a good addition imo.

Another cooldown question:

Why does the food-cooldown uses the higher cooldown times also for lower cooldown food?

Example, I eat 1 fruit, but I still have to wait the cooldown for fruit before I can drink a Feasting Potion.

Imo it should be: eat 1 fruit, and after 10 seconds you can drink FP again... this way fruit and veggies would be used more for mixing again as well :D

Right now for me it is: drink FP, mix all :P, if time left eat toads, mix again, drink FP ... repeat ... hardly any other food used in my experience.

Jerome_NL

ever heard of having to swallow after eating??? :D