Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dark_wizzie1

Evanescence Perk and Def XP

Exactly, so the bronze sword is even more-so a requirement of PK, and when it's not used PK is even more of a HE/SR battle.

Hence my original statement:

Yes and if ALL fights just keep getting longer (and longer), eventually all PvP fights in EL will be is who bought the most bronze swords and/or SRS+HE.

I am afraid I still don't understand it. If the fights will be longer (and not by much anyway), why would the bronze sword be more necessary? The critical failure applies to all the weapons equally. And BTW, not sure when you started playing the game, but until the cooldown was added (sometime in late 2005) the fights were much longer. And it seems that people liked it.

Well in begining of EL, PK was fun, actually i was enjoying it. Back then it was all about LVLs, not armor, cuz best armor was tit chain, weapon - tit serp.

OFC fights was lasting as long, as fighters had HEs in inv :( . And btw difference from todays PK, was a respectable PKers. if you sit in KF, near flag, no1 will attack you, unless its some personal enemy etc.

now... idk why suddently this topic about EVA perk becomes a discusion about PK, the whole game is not all about PK. i took EVA perk not for PK, i took it for training.

For Korrode, who seems to know most about EL and everything. it seems that everything in this game is not good enough for you, just try to get used to new things. also you are complaining about PK all the time, but i think you said that you dropped PKing, so whats the problem ? i just wonder what PK gear you were using be4 these ( as you ppl call them Orange spam weaps)? i bet it was thermie, so wasnt that expencive in those days?

i agree that Bronzie is a bit overpovered, dragon armors just made Thermie useless as PK weapon.

oh and btw, PK fights aint getting longer if mage is around, dont you think? 1 harm - you dead. takes as long as to read it :lurker:

Edited by Kornholio

It is possible to pk with two chars at once ok... As long neither of your chars is dying too fast (so you can summon/range with an alt while your main is dodging hits).
Its also illegal multiplay if attacking the same person(s)/monster(s). Edited by Lorck

Exactly, so the bronze sword is even more-so a requirement of PK, and when it's not used PK is even more of a HE/SR battle.

Hence my original statement:

Yes and if ALL fights just keep getting longer (and longer), eventually all PvP fights in EL will be is who bought the most bronze swords and/or SRS+HE.

I am afraid I still don't understand it. If the fights will be longer (and not by much anyway), why would the bronze sword be more necessary? The critical failure applies to all the weapons equally. And BTW, not sure when you started playing the game, but until the cooldown was added (sometime in late 2005) the fights were much longer. And it seems that people liked it.

Well in begining of EL, PK was fun, actually i was enjoying it. Back then it was all about LVLs, not armor, cuz best armor was tit chain, weapon - tit serp.

OFC fights was lasting as long, as fighters had HEs in inv :( . And btw difference from todays PK, was a respectable PKers. if you sit in KF, near flag, no1 will attack you, unless its some personal enemy etc.

now... idk why suddently this topic about EVA perk becomes a discusion about PK, the whole game is not all about PK. i took EVA perk not for PK, i took it for training.

For Korrode, who seems to know most about EL and everything. it seems that everything in this game is not good enough for you, just try to get used to new things. also you are complaining about PK all the time, but i think you said that you dropped PKing, so whats the problem ? i just wonder what PK gear you were using be4 these ( as you ppl call them Orange spam weaps)? i bet it was thermie, so wasnt that expencive in those days?

i agree that Bronzie is a bit overpovered, dragon armors just made Thermie useless as PK weapon.

oh and btw, PK fights aint getting longer if mage is around, dont you think? 1 harm - you dead. takes as long as to read it :lurker:

Before this Korr was always switching between great swords to suit his opponent and I don't recall him using thermal also I don't recall him saying he dropped pk and he certainly does pk now correct me if I'm wrong. Before every single pker in el got himself a dragon armor and some OP weapon I (with my 80s a/d) could actually stand a chance in pk and even WIN some fights and it was actually FUN. And how could I win fights? Same as Korr I was switching between my great swords to suit my needs. Why am I winning no more? Because I still have my great swords but they don't help me as long as every single opponent has his dragon armor and some OP wep :( and that's why even now I'm still 80s a/d and cba to train because the only thing that I've been playing for (PK) is no longer the thing that I 'fell in love with' and as long as my great swords stand only for looks don't count on me.

Garnoo said it all :)

...and yes he's spot on, i used to PK in Ti set and great swords, swapping them and medallions around for different opponents, it was pr0 fun... PK'ing like that now is just suicide.

@Kornholio

I like how u bitch on about my opinions but in the end u say:

"i agree that Bronzie is a bit overpovered, dragon armors just made Thermie useless as PK weapon."

basically agreeing with me.

gg.

Edited by Korrode

Garnoo said it all :)

...and yes he's spot on, i used to PK in Ti set and great swords, swapping them and medallions around for different opponents, it was pr0 fun... PK'ing like that now is just suicide.

@Kornholio

I like how u bitch on about my opinions but in the end u say:

"i agree that Bronzie is a bit overpovered, dragon armors just made Thermie useless as PK weapon."

basically agreeing with me.

gg.

its not bitchin kk? if my respond to your opinion is bitchin, then ur all posts is whining :)

and my last words is just obvious fact, it would be at least stupid not to agree on this.

and anyway, you always have a choise, what to use for PK, not to PK. if you want to PK so bad, why try to change whole system? most PKers can acclimatize, but it seems you cant.

Peace :P

shouldnt the Thermal be worth the 90$ ppl are paying?

it rly need to be worth what it cost imo

well idk, but ppl are mostly using those in instances, and i believe some are using em to serp some mobs for GC, not sure about this tho.

but for PK it is not worth that much, maybe half of it :)

its not bitchin kk? if my respond to your opinion is bitchin, then ur all posts is whining :P

...yeah mhm, that makes tonnes of sense.

and anyway, you always have a choise, what to use for PK, not to PK. if you want to PK so bad, why try to change whole system? most PKers can acclimatize, but it seems you cant.

I have acclimatised, i buy gc and PK in IDA with bronze swords lol. That's PK in EL now.

The fact you seem to be against changing that, is, well, quite harsh towards those without heaps of money and/or time. :)

well idk, but ppl are mostly using those in instances, and i believe some are using em to serp some mobs for GC, not sure about this tho.

Simple thing, give Thermal Serp, the BP Perk.. So it has a chance to bypass the Armours. (Increase the rate to 25%, so 1-4 hits are piercing. :evilgrin: Thus making it's value of 90$ seem reasonable.. And more will be used. (I think.) :P

#Edit - That, or increase the base damage of thermal serp to 30-40, same as an orc slayer, but with the other bonuses as they are now. :P

Edited by Liquid

Simple thing, give Thermal Serp, the BP Perk.. So it has a chance to bypass the Armours. (Increase the rate to 25%, so 1-4 hits are piercing. :) Thus making it's value of 90$ seem reasonable.. And more will be used. (I think.) :P

#Edit - That, or increase the base damage of thermal serp to 30-40, same as an orc slayer, but with the other bonuses as they are now. :w00t:

I have a better idea. Double the heat/cold/magic damage that is currently done by ANY enchanted weapon. Those steel longs of fire, s2e of thermal, etc all need a boost. Granted they are obsolete weapons, but maybe having a boost to their damage might justify (some) the annoying amount of (now much more expensive) serpent stones that are required to make them.

That or give ALL enchanted blades the BP perk.

I don't think anyone could make an argument saying it would make an enchanted blade else than the ti serp of thermal overpowered either. Not sure about if people would say a ti serp of thermal would be overpowered with double heat/cold/magic damage or BP or not.

its not bitchin kk? if my respond to your opinion is bitchin, then ur all posts is whining :whistle:

...yeah mhm, that makes tonnes of sense.

yeah... i can answer same as you do in most cases -> just LOL..

since you will never acknowledge that you are whinin, even bitchin yourself.

I have acclimatised, i buy gc and PK in IDA with bronze swords lol. That's PK in EL now.

The fact you seem to be against changing that, is, well, quite harsh towards those without heaps of money and/or time. :)

you see, i dont have much time for EL anymore, nor willing to spend $. so i just simply dont PK. i have chosen this way, if you want to PK so bad, you try to make GC for a while , or just spend $, to be able to compete in PK, now thats the way you choose, (ofc because there is no other way it seems).

but you know what it comes to? you can still PK in tit armors, and normal weapons.. you will be in PK, trying to PK, but you will not be killing any1 in a range of your lvls.

what i am trying to say, is that you still have a choise. i know you wanna kill everybody in PK, same as all PKers, and when it does not work, you just whine, or acclimatise :omg:

Edited by Kornholio

but you know what it comes to? you can still PK in tit armors, and normal weapons.. you will be in PK, trying to PK, but you will not be killing any1 in a range of your lvls.

hmm not being able to ever kill anyone around my own levels, sounds uber fun, rly what a fun game to play.

you see, i dont have much time for EL anymore, nor willing to spend $. so i just simply dont PK. i have chosen this way,

And this sounds like u don't PK, haven't in ages, wont be any time soon, and just helps to prove my points... so gtfo.

you see, i dont have much time for EL anymore, nor willing to spend $. so i just simply dont PK. i have chosen this way,

And this sounds like u don't PK, haven't in ages, wont be any time soon, and just helps to prove my points... so gtfo.

gtfo? :omg: lol you so mean :whistle:

"dont tell me what to do, i wont tell you where to go" :)

This will work for everyone and anything, not only for monsters you can't dodge.

Just a thought: How about an extra quest for attack god? Since effectively this means 5% less attack and 5% more def on average and game is already geared towards def as is.