Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dark_wizzie1

Evanescence Perk and Def XP

FYI, I didn't use any orange spam weapons on you when you died, Senzon. Musta been someone else who was beating on you.

Was JSoC ^^, no offence i dont think you could kill me, well without orange spam anyway :s

If you took it from your chat logs, please note that multiple clients running on the same computer at the same time will (under most setups) write to the same chat log. I know you have multiple personality disorder, Notorious/Senzon/Mario/whoever else. How many people were you fighting with how many characters during the time that you took that text from. I really doubt you took it from your chat window. Most likely your chat log where your multiple personalities get confused.

True, i had all those chars in kf at once [/sarcasm]

btw, those are all namechanges all same char besides one who isnt even my char ^^"

So the bronze will remain over-powered (just not quite as much) and the great swords will just be even more useless.

I don't think the great swords are becoming useless, the bronze sword is pretty expensive and not many people can afford to use it all the time.

And following your logic of: great swords crap, bronze sword priceless, then this change will REDUCE the difference between them.

Say we have to items, one with a value of 10 the other with a value of 100 (value being something theoretical, not a certain attribute). The difference between them is 90.

However, if you decrease both by 5%, the difference between them will be of ~85%. So you should be happy about it.

Back then the equipment and certain consumable costs of PK were way less, so the increased HE/SR used with no cooldown is much more than offset... and although the fights were long and he/sr battles, i bet they were WAY riskier than the kind of dragon-armor-induced long fights i'm talking about.

i.e. the fight would last long but it's not like you could be checking forums inbetween restores lol

No doubt that things were very different 4 years ago, but I heard some complaints about the shortness of fights nowadays. So this change will slightly increase the length of fights, which is a good thing for everyone (except maybe for you) :whistle:

At the risk of getting flamed as usual in threads that mention PK, I'm going to post my opinion.

I think lengthening fights will attract people with lower a/d to PK because if people think they can last in PK, they will come back and try to PK again. If they last only 5 seconds in PK, they won't come back and try again.

Edited by hussam

At the risk of getting flamed as usual in threads that mention PK, I'm going to post my opinion.

I think lengthening fights will attract people with lower a/d to PK because if people think they can last in PK, they will come back and try to PK again. If they last only 5 seconds in PK, they won't come back and try again.

Problem with this is that no matter what the person is wearing if they are fighting someone 30-40+ a/d lvls higher than they are the fight will end quick for KF at least.

If they fight in level cap arenas they should fare better.

Edited by PaulB

So the bronze will remain over-powered (just not quite as much) and the great swords will just be even more useless.

I don't think the great swords are becoming useless, the bronze sword is pretty expensive and not many people can afford to use it all the time.

But those who can use it all the time get a big advantage in pk.

But of course great swords aren't useless, at very least those can be used to "serp spawns" for gc and then be able to afford the bronze swords (i do it to get gc, if i am in need, but accordingly to Luigi few other people do that too :whistle: ).

And i continue with my opinion, pk should be less expensive so more people could join in. And there should be more spawns so more people can get level high enough to join in. But, i also think if this changes get implemented, the monster drops should be adjusted so that those changes don't utterly destroy the economy as side effect.

Edited by Lorck

if some how PK went back to this:

fgf.jpg

would of been perfect imo, and i agree with korrode dont think gc drop decrease on monsters would be necesary (sp), fighters could PK with out spending thousands of K's in armors, get 'decent' Gc drops, pay for what crafters, manuers, engers etc ask cause they can actually make Gc and PK and maybe have some left over instead of PK for 1 hour and have to 'farm' yetis/chims/silver/iron for 6 hours to PK for that 1 hour of PK ^^

LOL if things went back to that the game would have a lot more players... I bet everyone in that screen shot quit for the same reason. This game is not what it was in the good ole days.

Edited by LuciferX

well obviously it will never go back to that, as i remember radu saying he will never remove something but just change it, but if bronze swords did less damage, great swords did more damage etc.

idk if im being gready or maybe too cocky but i dont think some one with 110s a/d shoud be anywhere close to beating a 150s a/d char cause he uses Ice/bronze/orange spam VS ti os/halberd... but then idk i just dont find it..."right"

well obviously it will never go back to that, as i remember radu saying he will never remove something but just change it, but if bronze swords did less damage, great swords did more damage etc.

idk if im being gready or maybe too cocky but i dont think some one with 110s a/d shoud be anywhere close to beating a 150s a/d char cause he uses Ice/bronze/orange spam VS ti os/halberd... but then idk i just dont find it..."right"

I agree with you and if they didnt cap stats ur coord would be so high you would have squished him like a bug regardless of his weapon but Ive noticed they seem to focus more on armor controlling the combat instead of the work and levels you put into your character which is why i wont train or pay people to level my character up while im at work anymore. It si very nice for branch of destruction though.. people dpont die anymore when I attack them with it :whistle:.. although that's all im willing to do when I play this game anymore

Edited by LuciferX

and tbh with you im almost at that point, on some players i use OS and hit for 5's-15's, i feel like just flee'ing and walking away..

Have to agree that PK is too expensive nowadays.

On the subject of bronze swords:

Nobody ever wondered why they got so populair all of a sudden? They were already ingame before the caps and the dragon armours if i remember correct.

It's because of the low damage nowadays (low might + very high armour). It's become the only way to do good damage and get more kills.

Logically this also implicates that the great swords nowadays are doing too little damage: before the caps and dragon armours people didn't need to use bronze to do sufficient damage and hence they didn't buy or "waste" money on bronze swords.

The good old jagged saber or orcslayer and even cutlass were doing just fine in the damage department.

and tbh you cant even use cutty or js (unless spamy ones), doesnt even deal damage on dragon armors.

maybe a possible solution is raising caps to ~60-72?

Edited by SenZon

Nobody ever wondered why they got so populair all of a sudden? They were already ingame before the caps and the dragon armours if i remember correct.
I tested them with Nienora when they got introduced, and our conclusion was: not really that much better than Thermal Serp to worth its price at that time. Of course, it was other times...

It's because of the low damage nowadays (low might + very high armour).
Don't forget some people nowadays have maxed (or very good) vitality, so ye, pretty hard to do damage on players with the great swords.
It's become the only way to do good damage and get more kills.
Summoning is pr0 to kill, but no Pki, no pk central. Edited by Lorck

I tested them with Nienora when they got introduced, and our conclusion was: not really that much better than Thermal Serp to worth its price at that time. Of course, it was other times...

It's because of the low damage nowadays (low might + very high armour).
Don't forget some people nowadays have maxed (or very good) vitality, so ye, pretty hard to do damage on players with the great swords.
It's become the only way to do good damage and get more kills.
Summoning is pr0 to kill, but no Pki, no pk central.

True, times have changed....thermal was good back then but now against ice drag armour its useless with all the heat and cold bonusses. Even against red and black drag armour it's only so so :s

And yeah, you can use summons...but for me, personally, it gives (well gave since i quit) much more satisfaction to kill somebody myself then with lets say a giant stone.

and to add a point to my last point

raising the cap by a bit would be such a bad idea, right now im sorta late for class so i cant make epic post or awnser questions but a few weeks ago smurf and i went to red dragon to mess around a bit and i started off by using a cutty after several rounds i saw the dragon was missing like 40 HP and i wasnt even hitting 100%, but then after doign some testing it turned out that i WAS hitting every time but just not doing enough damage (keep in mind i have maxed p/c) then to test that with a halberd i was hitting MORE then with a cutlass, the point im trying to make it i couldnt hit a dragon with a great such as cutty and js i would need the minimum of OS, halberd, thermal etc, so that is one more reason i believe the cap should be raised by a bit. ^^

raising the cap by a bit would be such a bad idea

so that is one more reason i believe the cap should be raised by a bit. ^^

Ok.

-Gohan

But those who can use it all the time get a big advantage in pk.

But of course great swords aren't useless, at very least those can be used to "serp spawns" for gc and then be able to afford the bronze swords (i do it to get gc, if i am in need, but accordingly to Luigi few other people do that too :) ).

Well mr smarty, you're complaining about Yeti obviously, seeing as it's the only mob in-game you *need* a great sword to "train". that is due to the might being capped at 48. There is many 2x spawns abandoned in un-used PK maps you can use tit long to "serp for GC". although, with the up-rise in mage alts lately, good luck, you'll need it :fire:

In the current combat system, I rarely see anyone killing a mob from rabbits>fluffy rabbits using a sword. (except from randoms doing some PvE fighting) Feros cave is where 70% approx of tit long swords degrade in game (high break rate >.>). You'll only ever see someone using a tit long, or sword under the great swords to "serp" a mob you train for GC. again, I wish you would get a clue. The only person in game that I've seen do yeti with a tit long is asgnny. (this is after the attribute cap).

raising the cap by a bit wouldn't* be such a bad idea

so that is one more reason i believe the cap should be raised by a bit. ^^

Ok.

-Gohan

..tosser. I'm sure you very well knew he meant wouldn't.

Edited by Luigi

raising the cap by a bit would be such a bad idea, right now im sorta late for class so i cant make epic post or awnser questions but a few weeks ago smurf and i went to red dragon to mess around a bit and i started off by using a cutty after several rounds i saw the dragon was missing like 40 HP and i wasnt even hitting 100%, but then after doign some testing it turned out that i WAS hitting every time but just not doing enough damage (keep in mind i have maxed p/c) then to test that with a halberd i was hitting MORE then with a cutlass, the point im trying to make it i couldnt hit a dragon with a great such as cutty and js i would need the minimum of OS, halberd, thermal etc, so that is one more reason i believe the cap should be raised by a bit. ^^

And you don't think there should be different items/weapons for different purposes?

On the subject of bronze swords:

It's because of the low damage nowadays (low might + very high armour). It's become the only way to do good damage and get more kills.

No, the reason why they are so popular is because I decreased the break rate quite a bit.

And speaking of bronze swords, the omfg, destroyer of EL, do yuo know how many total HITS from a bronze sword are registered per day, on average? And how many hits for the thermal serp?

if some how PK went back to this:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/rfartest101/fgf.jpg

would of been perfect imo, and i agree with korrode dont think gc drop decrease on monsters would be necesary (sp), fighters could PK with out spending thousands of K's in armors, get 'decent' Gc drops, pay for what crafters, manuers, engers etc ask cause they can actually make Gc and PK and maybe have some left over instead of PK for 1 hour and have to 'farm' yetis/chims/silver/iron for 6 hours to PK for that 1 hour of PK ^^

lol that's how it always is, when Titanium Plate and Greatswords came out people complained how "PK is ruined/too expensive", and wished it would go back to when full Iron + Ti Chain was the best gear.

Well mr smarty, you're complaining about Yeti obviously, seeing as it's the only mob in-game you *need* a great sword to "train". that is due to the might being capped at 48. There is many 2x spawns abandoned in un-used PK maps you can use tit long to "serp for GC".
What about cockatrices? And artic chimmies? And giants (I think only Luci and mufo trained on them, thats before attributes cap)?To "train" on them a great sword would be a good idea, at least with the tests i did on test server.
although, with the up-rise in mage alts lately, good luck, you'll need it :)
Mag imun always on for the win?? But i agree that with the tons of mages lately it gets hard to train on pk, and many spawns get abandoned.
I wish you would get a clue.
I wish you could answer with arguments, instead of personal attacks. :fire: Edited by Lorck

Well mr smarty, you're complaining about Yeti obviously, seeing as it's the only mob in-game you *need* a great sword to "train". that is due to the might being capped at 48. There is many 2x spawns abandoned in un-used PK maps you can use tit long to "serp for GC".
What about cockatrices? And artic chimmies? And giants?To "train" on them a great sword would be a good idea, at least with the tests i did on test server.
although, with the up-rise in mage alts lately, good luck, you'll need it :)
Mag imun always on for the win?? But i agree that with the tons of mages lately it gets hard to train on pk, and many spawns get abandoned.
I wish you would get a clue.
I wish you could answer with arguments, instead of personal attacks. :fire:

And if you are keeping MI on during your entire training sessions you will spend less time on a spawn because of loss of emu via carrying more essences, a/d training now becomes a lot more expensive leaving less gold coin to gain the "required" PK gear to be competitive.

fail idea imo because people in this discussion are trying to come up with ideas to make PK less expensive. And you must realize that an increase in the cost of a/d training absolutely effects your ability to PK competitively in the current setup.

To PaulB: i already suggest that Cape of No More Warlock should decrease much more the harm effect, so people can train more in pk maps. And mag imun always on only works if you are killing many monsters which drop a lot, think about hulda...

fail idea imo because people in this discussion are trying to come up with ideas to make PK less expensive. And you must realize that an increase in the cost of a/d training absolutely effects your ability to PK competitively in the current setup.
Thats why i suggested more spawns and less expensive PK, i did that in many of my other posts, if only you was patient enough to read.

To PaulB: i already suggest that Cape of No More Warlock should decrease much more the harm effect, so people can train more in pk maps. And mag imun always on only works if you are killing many monsters which drop a lot, think about hulda...
Thats why i suggested more spawns and less expensive PK, i did that in many of my other posts, if only you was patient enough to read.

No I read exactly what you said in previous post which is why I said this...

You were replying to someone saying "MI ftw" basically but that is not an option right now is it?

although, with the up-rise in mage alts lately, good luck, you'll need it

EDIT: Well ofc it "is" an option but not a very likely one people are going to use.

Edited by PaulB

No I read exactly what you said in previous post which is why I said this...

Previous posts, dude... If you really have read my previous posts AND think i am against cheaper PK or easier training, maybe i did expressed myself clearly enough.
You were replying to someone saying "MI ftw" basically but that is not an option right now is it?
For some cases, it is. If you fight monsters who drop a lot, the drops would compensate the cost of MI. If you do other skills (like alch, etc), probably you can afford to train on pk, instead of sitting waiting a spawn to get free.
Well ofc it "is" an option but not a very likely one people are going to use.
Its a good option for some circunstances, but i agree few people go to train in pk maps(EDIT:Mostly because of being cowards)... Edited by Lorck