Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dark_wizzie1

Evanescence Perk and Def XP

Very nice radu, sounds great! Thank you for looking into it :rolleyes:

Actually re-reading your post, does this mean that people with evanescence perk will block 10% and every time it works the person gets exp, and even without the perk the person has a 5% chance of dodging without exp?

Does this means the person with evanescence perk will have 10% chance to dodge and get exp AND 5% chance to dodge without exp? (with a grand total of 15% chance of dodging)

The 5% exp is not now on the server, will be after the update. But even the 5% will give you exp.

The 5% sounds like a critical miss...or a critical dodge...depending on how you look at it :)

Still...this means people with eva perk have a 15% chance of dodging a hit and get xp...people without the perk have a 5% chance of dodging a succesfull hit and get xp? (after update).

Or this only works against monsters you would normally never beable to dodge?

Edited by Ambrosius

This will work for everyone and anything, not only for monsters you can't dodge.

BTW, the changes are NOT yet on the test server.

I think what they are asking is this...

You say that people now have a 5% chance to miss a hit regardless of the perk..

What exactly will now be the benefit to the people with the perk ON TOP OF the 5% you listed above.

Like before the perk allowed a dodge rate of 10%, so in theory are you saying that with the update people will have the 10% chance on top of the 5% chance you mentioned above?

Will be an interesting perk to take / have when it's fixed after update.

1 in ~7 chance to dodge a hit :) opposed to the 1 in 20 chance to dodge a hit for the non eva people.

Also just wanna confirm;

This '5% that everyone gets', does "everyone" only mean players? or will mobs also now all have a 5% chance to miss hits from us?

You know there is one downfall to this that i don't think should just be glazed over...

We already have the imbalance of PK (dragon) armors providing so much armor bonus that half the great swords are basically useless in high level PK, and now everyone's getting a 5% extra dodge ability, and those who take eva perk 15%.

IMO everyone shouldn't get that 5%, and the Eva perk should just give thr 10% chance is always stated (but actually work ;p)... if not, perhaps some more consideration could be put into having some slightly higher damage versions in the great sword range.

You know there is one downfall to this that i don't think should just be glazed over...

We already have the imbalance of PK (dragon) armors providing so much armor bonus that half the great swords are basically useless in high level PK, and now everyone's getting a 5% extra dodge ability, and those who take eva perk 15%.

IMO everyone shouldn't get that 5%, and the Eva perk should just give thr 10% chance is always stated (but actually work ;p)... if not, perhaps some more consideration could be put into having some slightly higher damage versions in the great sword range.

Yes...

I thought a previous grievance was that fights were lasting to long, this would not help that situation xD

This extra 5% on missing/receive a hit will mean ALL the fights last longer...

Also will be applied to ranging hits?

This perk combined with att god will be great!

Edited by dipi

Yes and if ALL fights just keep getting longer (and longer), eventually all PvP fights in EL will be is who bought the most bronze swords and/or SRS+HE.

*YAWNS*

Good imo, now just take the 15 att/block exp break away, so the exp streams. Then people will PK for exp :confused:

*waits for mixer/harvester rant to step in explaining why it would be over powered and since they can't make efficient exp in their skill all must suffer*

Edited by Luigi

Yes and if ALL fights just keep getting longer (and longer), eventually all PvP fights in EL will be is who bought the most bronze swords and/or SRS+HE.

*YAWNS*

I am not really sure how the bronze sword will help you with this problem.

I am not really sure how you can't see that bronze sword serves to decrease the length of fights...

If 2 similar strength people are fighting, in dragon armors, if one has enough bronze swords to keep fighting for some time (and the other person doesn't), even if multiple bronze swords break, then they'll will win the fight.

If 2 similar strength people are fighting, in dragon armors, and they don't have bronze swords so they use the great swords (having to use a JS/cutty to hit regularly), then between the dragon armor which is OP for post-attrib-cap EL and now a further increase in everyones dodging ability, the fight loser will be whoever runs out of SRS/HE first and diss(/tele)'s.

Already fights are boring and go on too long when there's dragon armors and no bronze swords (and ofc, too short when there are bronze swords), a perfect example was that recent NDD when i fought Lelugo at NCa.

I went PK'ing without bronze swords (which is becoming fairly uncommon for me, this is a perfect example of why), and Lelugo also wasn't using bronze sword.

Lelugo Ranks:

Attack: 36

Defense: 28

Overall: 58

Korrode Ranks:

Attack: 63

Defense: 70

Overall: 171

Now Lelugo is a bit stronger than me, and he did 'win' the fight, meaning;

after this long drawn out, near risk-less and boring ass fight we had, where all we did was burn a bunch potions and essences i then casually, easily dissed out of the fight.

We couldn't hit each other 90%+ with OS (which 2 people of similar strength wouldn't be able to) and we were both using dragon armors... so there was no 'action packed fight', just what felt like a boring procedure.

Bronze sword = too much damage

Great swords = too little damage.

plz for a range of swords inbetween :confused:

Edited by Korrode

Sorry, Korrode, did you mean couldn't hit each other or couldn't do damage so you could Tell you hit each other? I know dragon armor soaks alot of damage. I rarely pvp, but when I do, I sometimes need to remove a piece or two of armor when I am wearing red dragon armor so that the person can actually score a hit. Of course, being so heavy into fighting, I imagine you have much less patience than me about it too.

Radu, does the server currently show 0 damage hits?

Maybe if a perk reflects or negates a hit, the perk name could float above your head showing the perk just did its thing? This would perhaps clear up some confusion about the usefulness of the perks.

Maybe if a perk reflects or negates a hit, the perk name could float above your head showing the perk just did its thing? This would perhaps clear up some confusion about the usefulness of the perks.

i was thinking the same, it would be nice to see when Eva perk is working. instead of +111 exp, it could be "EVA" :) not to see if it works, i believe it will work this time 100%, but it will be interesting to see how often you get it :)

BTW Korrode if you say that weapons has too low dmg, why ask to improve theyr dmg? maybe just make dragon sets less armor and mag resistance?

ofc if thermal is useless on drag armors, the only "extremely good" weapon is Bronzie. But if the normal dmg would be risen just for you guys to be able to hit more dmg on dragon sets.... what about using those weapons on mobs? or on ppl with lets say tit armor?

You only tell how bad they are on dragon armors etc, but maybe problem is with armor, not weapon ? ;)

Answering to korrode:

I think one of the reasons Bronze Sword are overpowered is to "help the economy". I mean, Bronze Sword probably is a main way of gc out of the game.

My humble suggestion: remove Bronze Swords, lower monster drops. Less gc enter the economy and pk fights get longer. The non-pk fighters surely will complain, but oh well, nothing in life is perfect.

Edited by Lorck

I am not really sure how you can't see that bronze sword serves to decrease the length of fights...

I am not saying that the bronze sword does not decrease the length of fights, I just don't understand how things will be different than they are now once the perk works properly. Why would this perk make the bronze sword more useful?

Answering to korrode:

I think one of the reasons Bronze Sword are overpowered is to "help the economy". I mean, Bronze Sword probably is a main way of gc out of the game.

My humble suggestion: remove Bronze Swords, lower monster drops. Less gc enter the economy and pk fights get longer. The non-pk fighters surely will complain, but oh well, nothing in life is perfect.

My humble reply :) (currently sugar ray retired from pking): We asked for monster drops (gc) to be raised for quite a long time, and please

don't start with suggestions to change it again. No reason to alter the PvE system in order to make 20% of the games population happy. If you want

to remove gold coin from the game, make dragon armor fragile "surely pkers will complain, but oh well, nothing in life is perfect" ;)

We asked for monster drops (gc) to be raised for quite a long time, and please

don't start with suggestions to change it again. No reason to alter the PvE system in order to make 20% of the games population happy. If you want

to remove gold coin from the game, make dragon armor fragile "surely pkers will complain, but oh well, nothing in life is perfect" ;)

And i was asking for lower monster drops since before i got my posting privilegies removed in this forum, since the combat skills generate far more gc per hour then any other skill... About fragility of Dragon Armor, i am ok with it, no problem.

EDIT: And to not sound too much anti-fighter, i was asking also for more spawns, so people could actually fight monsters, instead of the really boring pvp training.

Edited by Lorck