Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dark_wizzie1

Evanescence Perk and Def XP

I did few hours of testing on this perk, a year or so ago, before I decided on evanescence perk.

I tested 20-30ad charas with and without to see if I received more def exp per hour.

Same gear, same everything, with the perk, I received more def exp. It would

be great to get some official response on this, since if its the case (do not receive more exp),

I have a bizarre anomaly to solve in the def exp increase.

I did few hours of testing on this perk, a year or so ago, before I decided on evanescence perk.

I tested 20-30ad charas with and without to see if I received more def exp per hour.

Same gear, same everything, with the perk, I received more def exp. It would

be great to get some official response on this, since if its the case (do not receive more exp),

I have a bizarre anomaly to solve in the def exp increase.

In my opinion, this is the sort of detsil od how the game works which should not be clarified officially.

Well, it is a big investment in PPs, so I think the players should know.

Yes, you get def exp, but the one attacking doesn't get attack exp.

Well, it is a big investment in PPs, so I think the players should know.

Thank you, Entropy, that is exactly what I needed to know.

Sorry for posting on this thread, i guess its 'necroing' if the last post was only a few months ago.

I couldnt help but notice something, a little after this thread was made i made a 'bomber' alt, took various perks on this alt such as:

Mirror Skin, Self Destruct, I Glow in the Dark and Evanescence.

And i used my alt for quite a bit, and after a 'few' deathes ~50 or so i just noticed me mirror'ing and doing the 5 damage of i glow perk, but NEVER blocking or getting defence exp (was testing this on fluffs and guard bots) so i thought was just coincidence and i started paying closer attention to it, and after OVER 600 deaths no dodges/blocks or exp.

I also have a character atm who has evanescence on it and i decided to go on the test server with it and try Ice Dragons w/o any armor (obviously i wont block one without armor) and same results no exp no dodges either.

So i was wanting to know if there is a possiblity that this perk is 'working'.

Ty

~Notorious

Edit: I dont know if this post belongs here if it doenst please move it to bug section :\

Edit2: After i posted this some one pointed out to me this Thread

Edited by SenZon

[...]

and after OVER 600 deaths no dodges/blocks or exp.

And how do you determine that the dodging doesn't work?

:)

And i used my alt for quite a bit, and after a 'few' deathes ~50 or so i just noticed me mirror'ing and doing the 5 damage of i glow perk, but NEVER blocking or getting defence exp (was testing this on fluffs and guard bots) so i thought was just coincidence and i started paying closer attention to it, and after OVER 600 deaths no dodges/blocks or exp.

I also have a character atm who has evanescence on it and i decided to go on the test server with it and try Ice Dragons w/o any armor (obviously i wont block one without armor) and same results no exp no dodges either.

Ty

~Notorious

Edit: I dont know if this post belongs here if it doenst please move it to bug section :\

i took that perk, and i saw i was missing hits but no exp

i dont have it anymore with #reset

but when i had it i missed some hits (tested mostly on fluffy than from fluffy- ice dragon) i MISSED hits with 0 exp

also had mirror cape on (i didnt get exp for missing and dmg wasnt reflected back so eva perk works)

Edited by yaserhameed

Ty

~Notorious

but when i had it i missed some hits (tested mostly on fluffy than from fluffy- ice dragon) i MISSED hits with 0 exp

also had mirror cape on (i didnt get exp for missing and dmg wasnt reflected back so eva perk works)

Entropy mentioned that when eva works, you get the exp for the block, but the attacker doesn't get attack exp. Unless the perk is actually bugged... :)

Ice drag is unblockable.

But with eva perk, statistically, you should dodge the ice dragon once every ~10 hits and get def xp for that eva dodge.

This doesn't seem to be the case...the perk seems to be bugged. Something that most people that have or have had the perk noticed.

OVER 600 deaths no dodges/blocks or exp.

~Notorious

Entropy mentioned that when eva works, you get the exp for the block, but the attacker doesn't get attack exp. Unless the perk is actually bugged... :D

Ice drag is unblockable.

But with eva perk, statistically, you should dodge the ice dragon once every ~10 hits and get def xp for that eva dodge.

This doesn't seem to be the case...the perk seems to be bugged. Something that most people that have or have had the perk noticed.

i have tested that perk (with mirror) with 70 a/d char i have MISSED fluffy, yeti, coca red/black/ice dragon hits

i didnt get hit (no dmg on me) and no dmg was turned on the mob (meaning eva worked) and no exp (exp part is bugged)

I test this three diffrent times, on test server, and twice on main, my results seems to be the same all three times, NEVER blocking. Elmo got the same results and iirc so did dugur. :\

I test this three diffrent times, on test server, and twice on main, my results seems to be the same all three times, NEVER blocking. Elmo got the same results and iirc so did dugur. :\

Can you please respond my question?

Im taking damage everytime never ever not taking damage, and you said you get exp as well i died 600 times and never once did i go one 'round' with dodging or not taking damage or getting exp

Can you please respond my question?

He said that he had some char with the perk and engaged guard bots in combat 600 times, and never gained any def exp, so unless he's extremely unlucky there's no exp being gained on the eva-perk dodges, or no dodging is happening at all.

Also Dugur said:

I did some testing on the perk based on following assumptions:

1. eva gives def exp when it works (based on what I've heard)

2. a fresh char can't possibly block clops

Gave a 100% noob char eva perk, col and ice dragon armours.

A fight with cyclops with outsourced healing for some minutes resulted in broken armour and no blocks. It's useless atm.

Or the assmuption #1 is false and we need new tests.

And you said:

So unless both Dugur and SenZon are extremely unlucky, either:

A. def exp is not being rewarded for eva-perk dodges, or

B. The Evanescence perk does not function as it's description states.

Either way, looks to me like it warrants a closer look.

Well, with guard bots you won't be alive for too long to be able to test properly. And in combat, due to how the animation works, it is possible to miss a hit and think it never happened. But fine, I will increase the rate to 100% and do some testings.

Ok, it's kind of embarrassing, but there is a small problem with the perk, and under some circumstances it doesn't work. It will be fixed at the next server update.

Can you tell us under what circumstances it doesn't work?

Just to verify if it corresponds with my own and other peoples observations.

If the opponent you were fighting with would normally be guaranteed to hit you (like fighting a bulangiu or icy, or even bear at low levels), the perk didn't work.

So now I also added a 5% chance for each hit to miss, regarding the combatant levels and regardless of the Evanescence perk.

Very nice radu, sounds great! Thank you for looking into it :rolleyes:

Actually re-reading your post, does this mean that people with evanescence perk will block 10% and every time it works the person gets exp, and even without the perk the person has a 5% chance of dodging without exp?

Does this means the person with evanescence perk will have 10% chance to dodge and get exp AND 5% chance to dodge without exp? (with a grand total of 15% chance of dodging)

Edited by SenZon