Custom Clothing

no title  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use custom clothing ?

• Yes.
    • No. I considered it but never did it.
    • No. What is custom clothing ?!
    • plan 'C'

This is about finding out how many % of the players use custom clothing.

44 guilds, and about 200 individual players.

44 guilds, and about 200 individual players.

Yes and thanks a ton Labrat! I love my guild capes and my own GM cape :pickaxe:

PaulB

One again: why not just 'no'? I never considered it, I know what it is. I'm not using it because I don't like it at all. Voted "No. I considered it but never did it." for lack of better option.

Would love to have it as an official functionality, with *approved* designs. But I've seen screenshots with this stuff that make me shiver and just hope they never make it to the outside world, because they give a wrong impression of EL and are, imho of course, absolutely styleless.

because they give a wrong impression of EL and are, imho of course, absolutely styleless.

Ehrm batgirl is *all* about the class :rolleyes:

I use it, it rules, there are some now that are a little bit non-PG rated, but I'm not a censor and neither is anyone else :D

I didn't vote because I don't like the options.

I also would be a flat out no. I don't use it and never will, until something like this becomes official and monitored and approved by Roja (if it ever does) and there is some quality control.

I will be forever grateful I do not see some of the crap ingame that I see in some of these screenshots floating around. (Bad enough in the screenshots).

I suspect if Roja wanted an X rated game or cartoon characters or beach bunnies in it, she would have designed it that way.

I feel bad for the abuse her artistry takes with this.

I also use it, and am very pleased that I have since then an adventurers cap really matching the rest of my daily purple outfit, or if I want to take my shirt off while in a hot cave or on the beach I can. Guild capes which looks like Guild capes and not like any other.

I agree that there are some bad examples in-game, but on the other hand have seen also some really beautiful crafted examples which do fit so very well in the game. When monitored and quality controlled this could be possibly a really hot EL store item.

Yes my Char Starlite has custom clothing and its a sexy design, is it bad taste, no I dont believe so. It was beautifully designed from a picture of a Goddess from another medieval game :)

Therefore I believe it to be in character with the game. I have had no bad comments about it in-game and many compliments. Most appreciate the skill of the design and I constantly get asked who did the design. Sexy ...yes, but you see more in any fantasy movie, in the flesh so to speak.

Having said that, yes there are some terrible designs on some capes that look like childrens drawings and not in keeping with the character of the game imho.

Edited by willowleaf

Not using it, not seeing it. Seeing this on top of the screen though:

---------- if ( is_array( $txt ) ) { $begin = $txt[1]; $end = $txt[3]; $txt = $txt[2]; } //----------------------------------------- // Sort name //----------------------------------------- $txt = str_replace( "+", "+" , $txt ); $txt = str_replace( "-", "-" , $txt ); $txt = str_replace( ":", ":" , $txt ); $txt = str_replace( "[", "[" , $txt ); $txt = str_replace( "]", "]" , $txt ); $txt = str_replace( ")", ")" , $txt ); $txt = str_replace( "(", "(" , $txt ); $txt = str_replace( "'", "'" , $txt ); return $begin . $txt . $end; } /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ // Fix up quoted usernames /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ /** * Fix up quoted usernames * * @param array Quote data * @return string Converted text */ function _make_quote_name_safe( $matches=array() ) { $quote = $matches[1]; $name = $matches[2]; $next = $matches[4]; # Squeeze past the parser... $name = str_replace( ''', "'", $name ); return 'name=' . $quote . $name . $quote . ' ' . $next . '='; } /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ // Parse new quotes /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ /** * Parse new quotes * * @param string Quote data * @param string Raw text * @return string Converted text */ function _parse_new_quote( $matches=array() ) { //----------------------------------------- // INIT //----------------------------------------- $return = array(); $quote_data = $matches[1]; $quote_text = $matches[2]; //----------------------------------------- // No data? //----------------------------------------- if ( ! $quote_data ) { return '[quote]'; } else { preg_match( "#\(post=(.+?)?:date=(.+?)?:name=(.+?)?\)#", $quote_data, $match ); if ( $match[3] ) { $return[] = " name='{$match[3]}'"; } if ( $match[1] ) { $return[] = " post='".intval($match[1])."'"; } if ( $match[2] ) { $return[] = " date='{$match[2]}'"; } return str_replace( ' ', ' ', '[quote' . implode( ' ', $return ).']' ); } } } ?>

Yeah probably best not to keep posting, it seems that after one post it accepts it :P i found backing up a couple of pages and refreshing helps you see your post.

I didn't vote. Don't like the "no" options. I # comment them out in cvs when I remember or remove the effects in my settings.

Plan C: No way.

If it gets officially supported (including approval by Roja) I might switch to plan D: Looks nice, but no, thanks.

I didn't vote because I don't like the options.

I also would be a flat out no. I don't use it and never will, until something like this becomes official and monitored and approved by Roja (if it ever does) and there is some quality control.

I will be forever grateful I do not see some of the crap ingame that I see in some of these screenshots floating around. (Bad enough in the screenshots).

I suspect if Roja wanted an X rated game or cartoon characters or beach bunnies in it, she would have designed it that way.

I feel bad for the abuse her artistry takes with this.

:D

I agree with all of that + whats wrong with the tailoring items?

Good choice of hats/cape/tops/robes even hoods in-game already.. :D

I use it but I would say my design isn't as "intrusive" or "extravagant" as others.

It used to me only for me to see but since the custom clothing thing has gone live (so to speak), I see others have got lotsa OTT designs.

Any notion of quality control is can be subjective - beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?

At the moment I am using my laptop so it doesn't have all the gizmo's required to see the custom clothing thing and I must say that its quite refreshing to see the old classic EL clothes.

i use the client. I like being able to be unique. its hard to be unique in the normal el world. granted there is custom clothes but theres nothing that only you have. but anyway i made my cape easy on the eyes in fact its hard to even see whats on my cape in the dark. i liked it being subtle. theres alot of designs out there that make me want to puke or goudge my eyes out. but at least everyone has their own unique look.

I voted "no what is custom clothing".... I know what it is...I just haven't seen any (I don't have the client and didn't know there was one.) From what I've read in this thread tho I heartily agree that custom clothes should be given a thumbs up from the mods and devs before being allowed ingame.

I don't have the client and didn't know there was one.

Much to many people's confusion, it isn't a different client at all, it is simply enabling a currently unused part (there is no official server) in the client by editing a configuration file and added Labrat's unofficial server's details.

It would help the confusion if people stopped talking about it as another "client", and talked of it as a "service", which is all it is.