Eternal Lands Official Forums
daiske1

New energy source

Though it was interesting to see what people think.

What is our next energy source after gasoline is gone?

I think its solar power to split water into hydrogen then use the hydrogen for cars.

Solar power is horrendously inefficient from what I've heard. Fusion and fission all the way B) *.

* And not just because I'm working towards becoming some kind of nuclear physicist :) .

There is no silver bullet

A little of this...a little of that.... that is the future.

Imagine there's no monopoly that controls all the energy ^^

what I mean by solar power in the FUTURE is that there are better solar panels that are very effecient.

And I agree.

A little of everything is good.

But we need to stop cutting trees down.

what I mean by solar power in the FUTURE is that there are better solar panels that are very effecient.

In the future, they found a way to convert thoughtless statements into energy. What's your point?

The solar panels right now are good enough. You just have to place them at the right spot. Why isn't half of africa covered with solar panels right now?

And I agree.

A little of everything is good.

But we need to stop cutting trees down.

Wrong. Trees are a regrowing source of energy. We need to stop cut down trees and not plant new ones, thats the main problem. Thats where the rain forest goes without replacement, for example :o

Piper

Edit: o.O Forums are doomed..

Edited by The_Piper

The solar panels right now are good enough. You just have to place them at the right spot. Why isn't half of africa covered with solar panels right now?

There are a number of ways to harness solar energy in addition to panels. The thermal towers that collect heated air w/ the updraft powering a turbine are pretty slick. This solar power plant in Spain is also pretty neat. I really think we'll see more of this in the future - the very near future.