Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New special day, will you use it?

I only use schools for training manu, but I would use this day. I would need to keep ings in stock so I could make use of the day when it comes.

Someone said this day would be a negative goldsink because people would stop using schools on regular days and wait for this day to use schools. I figured it would be the opposite. People who might not ordinarily use schools at all would be more likely to use them on this day. People who ordinarily use schools are obviously happy with the way it is now, so they would probably keep using them even on regular days. I mix a lot of essences, whether it's a special day or not. I just make more when it's a special day like Joule or Scholar's Day.

No,

with the way "magic schools" (lól) are currently implemented I will definitely not use it.

I really think you should take another look at how to seriously implement magic schools.

On the other hand, I see the appeal if I was into the other proper skills like manu/crafting etc.

edit: I can't believe this isn't a poll!

Edited by MagpieLee

I use schools only occasionally (especially when starting a previously unlevelled skill, of which I'm quickly running out), but definitely the 3x instead of 2x would change the balance in terms of gc/xp, so I could use it, especially for manu.

That is people will wait for this day to come to go to a school and train. Thus this will help people to gain levels faster

Not true imo. If people wait for only this day to mix in school's and mix then they would get less experience/less levels.

Example:

If one person uses school's normally around 4 days a month and this day happens only 1 time every two months or even 1 for that matter they could/would gain more experience at the 2x rate than the 3x rate I would think.

At all times you can use the schools for 2x exp but during this special #day you only get 6 hours of it.

To use this method to properly gain more experience/levels one would have to use a mix of normal 2x exp day and use the 3x exp day also.

I think this day would be good for certain skills but I don't really think I would use it but once for the "glory" of the new experience boost.

I vote no.

I agree that waiting for such day to come randomly is not an option. I was using schools a lot on normal days, on Scholars, and I would use it as well on such day by all means. Due to the fact however that the chance for such day to come would be roughly somewhere between 1-4% (and additionally I have to obviously be online when it happens to take advantage of it), that would not make any substantial difference. Nice addition but in a long run with neiglible effect. I do not agree that it would have any negative effects as mentioned above, Paul explained nicely why.

if you add a summoning school ill go, atm there are no real days to help with it which sucks, theres fighting, mixing and stuff but no summoning days or places get extra exp like with the other schools, just my input

I thought about this for a day or so, and tbh, I don't think I'd use it. However, I can see it being useful for others.

I already make things at a loss, and at least need to sell what I get to try to cover as much of the cost as possible.

I do see 'rich' people being able to take advantage of this though, so I think it's a good idea.

NO, I make things for using them or to sell them.

And there is still too much to do here to just waste ings for exp only.

I can use each gc i get toward my long-time goals and the goals are material based, not lvl based. (Like "read all books in the game", "Make my own CoL from scratch and wear it (i need to buy 8 nexuses with hydro for it - 5 human, 1 Artifical and 2 Magic)" and so on )

Edit: typos

Edited by gilhad123

I do see 'rich' people being able to take advantage of this though, so I think it's a good idea.

I guess not only 'rich' people will have the advantage.

I am in no means a 'rich' player and still use manu school quite lot...

I earn the gc with other skills.

I guess not only 'rich' people will have the advantage.

I am in no means a 'rich' player and still use manu school quite lot...

I earn the gc with other skills.

*nods*

Although I don't think I'm superpoor, I've seen financially much more stable accounts than mine. I sometimes sell stuff purely to be able to afford to poof things in schools, either to speed up getting a skill level, or to speed up getting an OA level. Expensive xp by choice, but very much worth it for me.

I don't generally mix just for experience, I mix for the product as well. Which is why I do not use the schools now, changing the experience won't make me use them.

Shea

Yes I would use it. I use shroom extracts for leveling potioning and with 3x xp I might finally burn through all those tree shrooms :doze:

Maxine

You bet I'd use this day...for the Alch & Potion school. I like to

store up lots of cinnabar & Energy essences for merc extraction,

super experience.

Great idea!

I have used schools every now and then in the past, but very little. With a day like this I'd probably use it some (although probably not the full 6 hours, unless I feel very rich)

You're darn-tootin' I'd use this day - bring it on :P