Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New special day, will you use it?

I am thinking of a new special day where you get 3 times (instead of 2) the experience you get when you are in a school. Would apply for all the skills there is a school for.

Will you use it, or am I wasting my time?

I've used crafting schools a LOT in the past and would have loved this. But I've pretty much stopped level grinding on main so I'm not sure I'd use it any in the future.

I still grind some on the PK server and would probably use it some there (if it were to ever make it to that server).

But I have to ask (based on recent #day removals) if you're considering this as a positive day, what are you thinking about for the balancing negative day? They do often come in pairs.

Being as it's a question, I will answer.

No sorry.B)

However, I do belive it's a great idea and that alot of other players would use enjoy it!

Off Topic: Perhaps making it also that there is a percent chance that you won't lose the item you are making :P

-edit: needed to add more.

Edited by Kharn

It is actually a very good idea but not for me, sorry. I alch for gcs, not just for experience so I need my final product.

Edited by hussam

Yes, I'd use it. Probably not as much as when I was a little lower in level, as I tend to now work on items I want to keep or sell, but I'd definitely use it some.

I like the proposed idea of also having a chance to keep the item you're making. Alternately, instead of keeping the item, perhaps you should have a slightly lower chance of failures and critical failures. Either idea would encourage me to use it even more. (And as I type this out, the angel on my shoulder keeps saying, "Quit being greedy." But I figure, it can't hurt to suggest, can it? Can it?)

As it stands, this is a great idea for those of lower level who just want to level a particular skill, and those of higher level who just want to get a little closer to that harder to attain next level.

If I'll find an item which is cheap to make (I need to check the cost of all the items I can make) and gives good experience, I might use the schools on a X3 exp day.

The question should be - how many people use the schools now? I don't think many do, because the cost of the ingredients is just too high compared to the experience you get (at least for most items).

Seeing that I only train on days like scholars and such, I would def use it.

Many people already choose schools instead of mixing at sto for exp, especially for manu, so a definite yes to this day. To balance it out, there could be a negative day too, Day of No Schools: no experience given in schools, so unless you feel like wasting ingredients, don't mix at school today.

No. I don't use schools now, because the things I mix are for later use or for selling them, this wouldn't make me use schools either.

For Manuers, this might be different though.

"At some point in the future I'd use it"

I've used manu school quite a lot in the past. Relatively few items done in alch school, mostly when I was coming back from a reset. Considered using the pot school to waste off excess chant/ogre/tree shroom ings just never got around to it.

If the day were implemented and given to us at some point in the coming week or so, I wouldn't be able to use it. (Stating this now because things tend to disappear if not used immediately.)

Working on a couple big projects which are keeping my gc tied up, so can't afford at this time to sink money into leather/thread like I've done in the past.

But once the projects are done... yes, I'd most definitely use it if I had the gc for it on hand for manu.

It might encourage me to use the alch/pot schools as well depending on my ing stock. I doubt it would get me into any other school like crafting though.

So, it would definitely get used in the future, how much dependant on gc/ing status. Schools are the kinda thing you gotta plan to use in advance so there's a limiting factor on just how much it would get used.

To balance it out, there could be a negative day too, Day of No Schools: no experience given in schools, so unless you feel like wasting ingredients, don't mix at school today.

While I wouldn't personally care if this day existed, I don't think the schools are really used enough to justify it, esp. when you consider you're shutting off what is essentially just a gc sink with this.

I mean, yes there's people who regularly use the schools (particularly manu school), but that's normally done in large batches, not spread out to the point where a six-hour period is really going to matter to anyone.

Edited by GoodDay2Die

I won't run back home from work and play, when such a day happens.

But when i am going to level manufacturing again, it might be a nice goodie, when such a day happens, when i am online and playing, but nothing more.

Piper

Being as it's a question, I will answer.

No sorry.:laugh:

However, I do belive it's a great idea and that alot of other players would use enjoy it!

Off Topic: Perhaps making it also that there is a percent chance that you won't lose the item you are making :icon13:

-edit: needed to add more.

Lol, you don't train any skill anyways :laugh:

Is there a summoning school? I'd defo use one for 3x summon exp :icon13:

I am currently using schools only on scholar's days to make it worth it, it would be great to have another day where I can use the schools. I love them :laugh:

I would use it for manufacturing, and maybe a bit of mercury extraction. But depends on ingredient availability, 6 hours is a bit tight to get the qtys I'd need.

I am not mixing in the schools much, but when I catch such day I will definitely burn down some ingreds from my storage (for example stock of animal furs for unused pots come to my mind) - any bonus is welcome! nice idea :laugh:

While I personally would prefer if things would get finished/fixed before new things are added, I can say that I'd use this day.

Exp doesn't mean much to me, so I don't use schools. I make things for my use or for income. If we have such day I will not use it, but I will also not mind that others get extra exp, so yes from me.

I think this day will be used - however and this is a big caveat I think this will destroy the schools being used on normal days.

That is people will wait for this day to come to go to a school and train. Thus this will help people to gain levels faster and they will save the money and they will buy less leather and thread from the shops - thus this new day will become a negative money sink.

So from a game perspective this is not a good idea. It will hurt the game and add inflation.

I think this day will be used - however and this is a big caveat I think this will destroy the schools being used on normal days.

That is people will wait for this day to come to go to a school and train. Thus this will help people to gain levels faster and they will save the money and they will buy less leather and thread from the shops - thus this new day will become a negative money sink.

So from a game perspective this is not a good idea. It will hurt the game and add inflation.

This is exactly how am I doing it even now, with scholars day. So for people like me, this will make schools used more. :laugh:

I would use it IF i happened to have the ing. in storage. It's kinda hard to stock up for lvls I need even at 3x exp. and i generally only use school for manu.

Question: some mentioned summon schools would they be 1/3 the ehter needed instead of 1/2(since that's how they work...)? if so i might use summon arena that day too.