Eternal Lands Official Forums
gossip

Don't miss that special day or big invasion!

You can get notified when there's a Special Day, a Big Invasion, or even a Server Upgrade in a text message right to your cell phone!

If you already have a twitter account, just follow me, el_gossip, by typing "follow el_gossip" in your update box, then enable the mobile device notification.

If you don't have a twitter account- it's about time! Here's what to do:

1. Go to www.twitter.com and sign up!
  2. Log in, click on "settings" then "devices" and follow the instructions to authenticate your phone. It's free, unless you have to pay for recieved SMS/Text messages.
  3. Click on "home" and in the "What are you doing" box, type "follow el_gossip".
  4. Then, you'll see some of my older messages, or "tweets". Click on "el_gossip" and set "device updates" to "on".
  5. That's it! Whenever something B.I.G. happens in game, you'll know in a minute or two! How cool is that?

Love and kisses! Gossip!

Excellent service!

Just, keep in mind that currently you can receive updates from Twitter on your mobile phone only if you live in the US, UK, Canada or India. Others can still follow el_gossip on the web though. :D

Im new to twitter. is their a way to limit the incoming sms to special days and invasions? or do I have to receive frivolous announcements about the el lottery and whatnot

Like warangel said, is there a way of filtering the alerts? I don't want be paying to have my mobile going off in the early hours of the morning for something other than Sun tzu.

Like warangel said, is there a way of filtering the alerts? I don't want be paying to have my mobile going off in the early hours of the morning for something other than Sun tzu.

There's no way to filter Twitter, right now, anyway. I'm only going to tweet on Special Days, Major Invasions, Server Restart, and the Lottery. I might throw a rumor in once in a great while.

If there's enough demand, I might set up different twitter accounts to Tweet on just certain things, but I think just Sun Tzu might be a bit much. :P

Also- be aware that I'm working on an IM alert system, and you will have more control over that.

You have to pay for incoming SMSs? Where do you live? The South Pole?

Luv,

Gossip.

There's no way to filter Twitter, right now, anyway. I'm only going to tweet on Special Days, Major Invasions, Server Restart, and the Lottery. I might throw a rumor in once in a great while.

If there's enough demand, I might set up different twitter accounts to Tweet on just certain things, but I think just Sun Tzu might be a bit much. :P

Also- be aware that I'm working on an IM alert system, and you will have more control over that.

You have to pay for incoming SMSs? Where do you live? The South Pole?

Luv,

Gossip.

In US you have to pay for incoming SMSes, unless if you get some unlimited SMS plan bullshit. That's why I don't give my money to the mobile operators.

In US you have to pay for incoming SMSes, unless if you get some unlimited SMS plan bullshit. That's why I don't give my money to the mobile operators.

It's not only in US, I have to pay too. (Europe)

It's not only in US, I have to pay too. (Europe)

Really? In Romania they are free. Where do you live?

Boy does that seem to be ripe for a scam. What prevents a cell phone carrier from spamming its own customers and then charging them for that? Or what prevents a ex from sending lots of SMSs to run up your bill? You can send SMSs via email to most carriers, so you don't even need a phone to do it. I never heard of charges on incoming SMSs... seems crazy.

Scaf

LKB and I just learned that our plan charges for incoming SMSs. She got a plan where she could send them, but I don't want to send them, so I didn't get that plan. Only later did we find out that any message she sends to me costs me money. Grrr. And then there's the unsolicited one I got yesterday about my qualifying for a cash loan. I'll probably have to pay for that, too. But I'm not sure if it'll be worth the extra $5 a month for a texting plan. :laugh:

Anyway, this is why I won't be using twitter-Gossip. I like the idea, but I just won't use it.

Can I ask if this has already been implemented? I signed up a few days ago and haven't received an sms from gossip yet, even tho there was a joule day and possibly other stuff since I signed.

Edited by SleepyDragon

If you don't have a twitter account- it's about time! Here's what to do:

1. Go to www.twitter.com and sign up!

Oh you're on Twitter nowdays Gossip... next you'll have a MySpace too eh? :laugh:

R NOT EMAILS ENOUGH PPL?!!!1?

Taken from the only email I have received from Gossip in months

You signed up to get an email whenever there was a special day or a big

invasion, but I've had trouble sending them because thousands of people

signed up, and my ISP thinks I'm spamming!

So no Korrode, emails are obviously not enough :laugh: