Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aphistolas

Enable allocation of gold

Idea: Allow gold coins to be stored under userdefined headings in the 'gold' category of storage. Currently, we only have one slot for gold (and one for platinum, obviously) and all deposits are put into the one collection. I forget (a lot :) ) what I've been storing money for if it's not written down, so it'd be nice to create a new slot for the gold you're raising towards project x.

I'm unsure how it would function, maybe something like:

*clicks to gold category*

*sees multiple slots containing different amounts of gold*

*right click on a slot of gold*

*assign a name to a slot of gold in the same manner as players change the quantity of whatever they're handling*, e.g. great sword fund*

Why? Would allow players to handle their money more efficiently. I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I have 20kgc+ in storage saved up for a project, I usually end up forgetting and spending it on something like FPs :confused: .

I searched three or four times, but didn't find anything pertinent to this suggestion. Still, I'm in a bit of a rush, so apologies in advance if I missed anything :) .

Horrible idea imo...

You want the devs to help you manage your gold coin for you?

Not their fault you lack fiscal responsibility really.

There is a useful tool called "Notepad" right there on the bottom of your EL screen. Try using it once in a while along with the #calc function.

And if you are doing a guild project and you are responsible for the funds/items then it is your responsibility to take notes on it so things are done correctly.

Yeah, firstly you can can drop the sanctimonious tone from your posts before the moderators are involved.

I don't see how this is asking the developers to manage my gold for me, at all. It is I, the player, who actually chooses to use these allocations and put gold into them, not any developer. I write things down to remember them, but I really don't see why this couldn't be implemented (forgoing any programming limitations) to save the effort of writing down stuff. We got the minimap, and the alt button to maintain an attack cursor, are these horrible ideas too, because they 'manage' things for the player?

Edited by Aphistolas

What I am saying is that I have done many projects and saved gold coin for many, many things...

There are more than enough tools for this imo.

I forget (a lot ) what I've been storing money for if it's not written down

So you want them to implement something else (not important at all imo) because you sometimes forget to write stuff down when they could be spending time improving other things that need improvements?

Nothing sanctimonious in my tone. I'm just giving logical feedback.

In order for something to get it's own slot, wouldn't it have to have it's own unique item ID?

Gold coins are gold coins, we can't separate or identify specific ones (more's the pity).

You can still use the build in notepad to organize your gold coins.

Or,more traditionally, just a piece of paper, or carve it into your monitor, for what you want to use your coins for :ph34r:

Piper

you could create money bags. different colored ones.. made with the tailoring skill. each money bag holds as many gc's as you want in it. and they stay in the gold section of the sto. then you just withdraw the bag. and put the gc's in it then deposit it back.

so its like

*click "use " on money bag.*

*small 1 slot window opens and you place gc's in like you would place them in a bag or sto*

*close the bag by closing the window*

when you hover your mouse over the bag it tells you how many gc's are in it

to get gc's out

*click "use" on the bag*

*bag opens in a small 1 slot window holding the gc's*

*take out whatever gc's like you would a bag*

you could create money bags. different colored ones.. made with the tailoring skill. each money bag holds as many gc's as you want in it. and they stay in the gold section of the sto. then you just withdraw the bag. and put the gc's in it then deposit it back.

so its like

*click "use " on money bag.*

*small 1 slot window opens and you place gc's in like you would place them in a bag or sto*

*close the bag by closing the window*

when you hover your mouse over the bag it tells you how many gc's are in it

to get gc's out

*click "use" on the bag*

*bag opens in a small 1 slot window holding the gc's*

*take out whatever gc's like you would a bag*

This is a decent idea but again you would have to notepad what color bag is used for "x" stash. I still think it's easier to just mark in notepad expenses and stuff.

If we had unlimited developer time, I'd say go for the bag idea, someone might use it, but as Ziva_Cirala said "would rather have the devs work on other issues."