Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eeedgar

I cant log in

Normally if you are in a banned range it would say something there. That looks to me like a port 2000 problem. Try the test server

Hmm last successful log in I see for eedgar is April 9. Have you gotten a new isp since then that might have port 2000 blocked? Or possibly in the past month the isp you have been using decided to block it.

I see no failed connection attempts either, so you aren't even reaching the server.

Not from us, he's not even reaching the main server so the problem is nothing we can fix.

He could double check to see if his firewall and/or virus scanner updated and something changed there that those aren't allowing access.

Did he change virus scanners or download something that could be blocking it? Anything new downloaded and installed could be suspect, he should take a peek there as well.

He can contact his isp and see if they are blocking port 2000, he can also contact learner about his proxy service.

As Aislinn said, Learner offers a proxy service (for a low fee), the port used on his main proxy is 443 (this port is usually used for HTTPS, any ISP would be insane to block it (online banking, paypal, etc. wouldn't work if they did)).

http://el.other-life.com/support.php (see "Premium Proxy Service" - $5 p/m, $30 p/y)

Learner claims 8-12ms ping from his proxy to the main game server, so it's very unlikely you'll notice any difference in gameplay at all.

In the same way a person connects to the test server by running el.exe test, he'll be able to route via Learner's proxy with el.exe lrnr-main, once he's signed up.

...or as Aisy said, he can call his ISP and tell them he doesn't need them deciding what ports he should and shouldn't be making outgoing connections on.

Me helpful too :evilgrin:

Edited by Korrode