Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zlagered

Luci's power lvl'ing guide

This is in a general chat topic which is not the place anyone would look for a combat guide,

so with the authors (LuciferX) permission i'm posting it here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You want to know the secret to power levelling? Since levelling fast seems to be the latest

trend I will help you and the rest of the community if you dont know one of the methods people

are curently using.. I will tell you how Mufossa and I got our lil n00bs to 35/35 a/d for pk in

n00b arena in only 1 day.

The key is to Create an environment where you do no damage to the monster you fight

and it never lands a hit on you - This causes MAXIXUM experience possible per hour because

you never wait for respawn and you just get exp nonstop (aside from flees).

Reset your char and take just enough Vitality that the monster can't hurt you much and then

every single remaining pickpoint you get goes to instinct. This way the monster cant hit you

and you get nonstop def exp.

at first you wont get attack exp nearly as oftern as defense since your using instinct instead

of coordination. Thats fine... be patient as u level atk u will land more hits or if u et too

eager i guess its on to add 10 or 20 to coord but try to keep it all vit/instinct.

If you make it to 40/80 vit/instinct u will take ur char very far very fast.

NEVER add physique. All physique does is kill your monster faster. The more physique u add

the more damage you will do and the sooner you will be waiting for a respawn.

This is a VERY cheap way to level if done right you can get healed enough from eating fruit

that you never need to spend money on training. Just add that vitality until it doesnt hurt no

more and then instinct all the way.

When your too strong for a monster and not strong enough yet for the next one (like going from

goblin to gargoyle) dont get eager and add coord... you still get more exp per hour with lower #s from

goblin... true sight makes this a easier transition though we did not have that what i first used this

method. I tested the other day true sighted to level 15 attack and i ripped apart a troll :D

If you need GC and you have no nexus you scan still sell Fire Essence, and u can harvest coal too

to sell. You shouldnt need much gc tho fruit should cover your health and heals if you have enough vitality..

When you feel your ready for PK reset again and do all phys/coord and then go after all the

ppl that laug at you with your 20 health bar killing ogres :D Reset is a lot easier to recover

if you reset at high level with a friend of similar levels and you both pvp together.

LuciferX

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed this guide on an alt and it is great lvl'ing, i got 21/26 a/d in 2 or 3 hours!

Things to note: there will be a big difference between att and def,

doesn't work so well at a fairly high a/d (about 70 or more its get hard) but theres always reset :D

and that could be fixed if at that stage u add a little phys/coord (not sure though)

It's a great guide ofc now with the attrib cap it won't be as easy so its best for lower lvl's

or people sick of bieng stuck on the same a/d only very slowly lvl'ing and who don't necessarily want

to be the best pk'ers in the game.

ofc it's still good for pk if u reset and go with p/c :P

Hi i just got my computer back,

I do know about the attrib cap as stated "ofc now with the attrib cap it won't be as easy"

i forgot to note about ts, and this guide was not intended to be completed in a day.

ts and attribs that are beyond the cap of 48 are in the guide because this was made before the cap was introduced

(well before ts effect was removed).

I can't answer many questions about this guide as I'm am not the creator.

any more questions should be asked to LuciferX

I will try and find the original post, there is more discussion about it there and they may answer any questions.

ty :)

Good thing too, since my guides aren't publicly available. :P

EDIT: But to offer a slight elaboration on my 'ban plz' emoticion, i'd suggest to my step-bro here that he actually get past like 30 a/d before dolling out advice, or posting archaic and almost certainly #reset inducing guides.

Trying a guide for a couple of weeks and going "hey this works great" doesn't make it credible and post-worthy for a game that takes years to level to anywhere near the top.

Edited by Korrode

Good thing too, since my guides aren't publicly available. :P

EDIT: But to offer a slight elaboration on my 'ban plz' emoticion, i'd suggest to my step-bro here that he actually get past like 30 a/d before dolling out advice, or posting archaic and almost certainly #reset inducing guides.

Trying a guide for a couple of weeks and going "hey this works great" doesn't make it credible and post-worthy for a game that takes years to level to anywhere near the top.

leveling to the top should be easier, not for us but for lower lvl people.

the top spend so much time leveling its hard for a lower lvl to try and lvl up to be pk worthy, they need a little push to make getting to the top a bit easier, and encourage them to keep leveling.

soooo an exp boost for levels 6/6 till lets say 100/100 would be nice.

for example, in WoW you could lvl to 60 at first, in the expansion to 70, and near the latest expansion release date (where you can lvl to 80) they give double exp for lvls 1-60

so that noobs, or low lvl people can join in on the end-game fun faster. (PK is one of the end-game things)

seeing it takes years to get to the top here, any new pker would say "fk this, im not gonna train 3-4 years before i can pk"

might be unfair for those who leveled without that boost, but they are behind those stats already, and things change. from 100 to the point where the top is they would still have to train with normal exp

Edited by Infamous

I want to post here an alternative way to setup a character:

Vitality is ok, but u cant bear very much thanks to low hp.

Instead of that u can simply take physique. Ok, now you

do more damage. So you should just stop hitting the mobs,

with taking no coordination. You still hit too often?

Go, buy 1 red dragon scale and let potioner make attack

reduction pot. You can lower your attack level to -30!

Oh well, you may want some drops..just neglect them!

With pretty low attack level you can use some nice swords,

like Tit Long, which provides additional defense and you

still hit ... NEVER. + Bronze Shield and some other good stuff,

you will really never ever hit your enemy. And now the best

thing of this: do multi fighting! go get some orc spawns or

ogre spawns, where you can multi fight and experience the

best way to get double, or three time the def exp you would

normally get.

After ogres you gonna have something like this:

Physique: 48

Instinct: 40

Vitality: 12

Human nex.: 5

Neg Perks: Antisocial, Power Hungry, Scotty Died

Overall: 77

Defense: ~75

Feel free to complain =)

I want to post here an alternative way to setup a character:

Vitality is ok, but u cant bear very much thanks to low hp.

Instead of that u can simply take physique. Ok, now you

do more damage. So you should just stop hitting the mobs,

with taking no coordination. You still hit too often?

Go, buy 1 red dragon scale and let potioner make attack

reduction pot. You can lower your attack level to -30!

Oh well, you may want some drops..just neglect them!

With pretty low attack level you can use some nice swords,

like Tit Long, which provides additional defense and you

still hit ... NEVER. + Bronze Shield and some other good stuff,

you will really never ever hit your enemy. And now the best

thing of this: do multi fighting! go get some orc spawns or

ogre spawns, where you can multi fight and experience the

best way to get double, or three time the def exp you would

normally get.

After ogres you gonna have something like this:

Physique: 48

Instinct: 40

Vitality: 12

Human nex.: 5

Neg Perks: Antisocial, Power Hungry, Scotty Died

Overall: 77

Defense: ~75

Feel free to complain =)

This is fine I suppose, if you want a purely defensive build. IMO in this game the only way to win a fight is to deal out damage, which means high attack level and good accuracy. You can defend for ever, but if you cant hit you opponent, you will never ever win.

Or you can get def experience to get good overall level. If you want to do so,

you can get first physique 48. And then you save all your pickpoints. Spend

them on coordination when u got enough and do whatever you want to do then =)

i didnt read the whole thing, but back in the days it was faster just to buy an account of someone and spend alot of real cash into it

thats what the pros like luciferx and xanter did

s1ck gam3rz

i didnt read the whole thing, but back in the days it was faster just to buy an account of someone and spend alot of real cash into it

s1ck gam3rz

It still is :). If you want do be top 50, better buy an account right away. Leveling from scratch to top 50.. is waste of time. Better build a house in that time.

s1ck gam3rz

It still is :) . If you want do be top 50, better buy an account right away. Leveling from scratch to top 50.. is waste of time. Better build a house in that time.

hire 1 or 2 of those chinese gaming maniacs who play for money and you gonna have top 50 in 2 months and cheaper,lol

Good thing too, since my guides aren't publicly available. :D

leveling to the top should be easier, not for us but for lower lvl people.

the top spend so much time leveling its hard for a lower lvl to try and lvl up to be pk worthy, they need a little push to make getting to the top a bit easier, and encourage them to keep leveling.

soooo an exp boost for levels 6/6 till lets say 100/100 would be nice.

for example, in WoW you could lvl to 60 at first, in the expansion to 70, and near the latest expansion release date (where you can lvl to 80) they give double exp for lvls 1-60

so that noobs, or low lvl people can join in on the end-game fun faster. (PK is one of the end-game things)

seeing it takes years to get to the top here, any new pker would say "fk this, im not gonna train 3-4 years before i can pk"

might be unfair for those who leveled without that boost, but they are behind those stats already, and things change. from 100 to the point where the top is they would still have to train with normal exp

i agree 100% i need more ppl in kf to kill that arent noobs