Eternal Lands Official Forums
PaulB

Is taking death bags considered "dispute'ish"?

Taking deathbags good/bad?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that taking deathbags IN NON PK maps is against community rules?

• Yes it is against our community rules
    • No because if you die without a rosto that is the risk
    • I'm not sure what I think on this issue
    • What's a deathbag?

The Consequences of Bagjumping

A player is, of course, completely free to pursue a life of such stealing. However, there are consequences to such actions, and the Disputes forum helps ensure those consequences are dealt out by those who feel there should be consequences.

1) Potential PVP partners are lost because you're not trustable.

2) Users and even entire guilds will refuse to trade with you.

3) Bots shut off trade with you.

4) I'm sure the pkers have their own special treatment of such people as well, though since I'm not one I wouldn't know.

5) Would you go in an instance with a known bagjumper? Trust is very important during those. Much harder to get an instance team willing to go in with you.

6) In a guild? Every one of your guildmates will pay for your actions as well. You are a representative of your guild. If the guild doesn't kick you out for your behavior, it means they accept it. As such, they will bear the responsibility and be refused trade and so on as well.

Pretty much "sucks to be you" as you made your own gameplay that much more difficult over a few gc. Enjoy not being trusted by anyone, and noone willing to do anything with you. Oh, there's a few that do? They deserve the knife in the back you'll give them eventually.

I'll not deny you have the right to request those consequences by being a thief.

Meanwhile, I'll continue returning deathbags (even up to items like NMTs that I could easily have taken with noone knowing), making friends this way or at the least "friendly contacts", and have my gameplay that much easier. With the exception of the known bagjumpers, there's not a single person in the game who has reason to distrust me. Not even the people who might hate my guts or whatever for personal reasons can say I can't be trusted.

Which just makes things a lot simpler.

It's your choice what you do, it's within the game rules, and maybe you like being hated, barred from trade, and even BRoDed on sight. That's your choice as well if you want to play that way.

I won't deny you the right to ruin your gameplay. Don't deny us the right to ruin it for you. ;)

Bring it on! I request all the listed consequences by being a thief :icon13:

Other than this - I love your way of generalising. You make it sound like absolutely everybody follows your policy. A very trustworthy way of wording.

<edit>

Not only I am allowed to ruin my own gameplay, but you, too, are allowed to do it. Then, though, who is allowed to ruin yours?

Edited by Natsume

A player is, of course, completely free to pursue a life of such stealing. However, there are consequences to such actions, and the Disputes forum helps ensure those consequences are dealt out by those who feel there should be consequences.

4) I'm sure the pkers have their own special treatment of such people as well, though since I'm not one I wouldn't know.

5) Would you go in an instance with a known bagjumper? Trust is very important during those. Much harder to get an instance team willing to go in with you.

6) In a guild? Every one of your guildmates will pay for your actions as well. You are a representative of your guild. If the guild doesn't kick you out for your behavior, it means they accept it. As such, they will bear the responsibility and be refused trade and so on as well.

Pretty much "sucks to be you" as you made your own gameplay that much more difficult over a few gc. Enjoy not being trusted by anyone, and noone willing to do anything with you. Oh, there's a few that do? They deserve the knife in the back you'll give them eventually.

I'll not deny you have the right to request those consequences by being a thief.

Meanwhile, I'll continue returning deathbags (even up to items like NMTs that I could easily have taken with noone knowing), making friends this way or at the least "friendly contacts", and have my gameplay that much easier. With the exception of the known bagjumpers, there's not a single person in the game who has reason to distrust me. Not even the people who might hate my guts or whatever for personal reasons can say I can't be trusted.

It's your choice what you do, it's within the game rules, and maybe you like being hated, barred from trade, and even BRoDed on sight. That's your choice as well if you want to play that way.

I won't deny you the right to ruin your gameplay. Don't deny us the right to ruin it for you. ;)

Bring it on! I request all the listed consequences by being a thief :)

Other than this - I love your way of generalising. You make it sound like absolutely everybody follows your policy. A very trustworthy way of wording.

<edit>

Not only I am allowed to ruin my own gameplay, but you, too, are allowed to do it. Then, though, who is allowed to ruin yours?

Can you believe there are actually people playing this game.. and on a larger scale living on the same planet as you are that honestly don't enjoy someone else's mysery? That there are people that are kind, and understanding and helpfull? Just because one of my neighbours is a sourpuss grumpy old fart doesn't mean I will stop offering my help when I can.

Nobody has to be the same as anyone else, but some respect for someone else's views goes a long way. So does a kind act.

if i found a db i post on channels i found one and wait for about 15 min. till someone gets it. if not then i think its not bad to take it. if someone dies in nearby me and know who he/she is i PM him/her that i watch over his/her stuff and wait to return. thats simple ;)

ok i feel like adding some feedback here since iv playing "outlaw" for a good time now..

1- true, if you dont have a friend to pvp your pretty much screwed since will be hard find someone else, and if you do they pretty much will pull a sword and PK you :)

2- not a problem at all, i never had a problem getting anything i needed in game so far and most players im sure have enemies guilds and individuals that they wont trade anyways

3- not a problem either since EL has so many bots this days i still can buy in like 50% of em, some bot owners dont care at all they want your money no matter what

4- true, i dont pk though but im sure if i step in KF ill be one main target and will have to wear a red cape always or ill get broded in no time

5- cant really say anything here since i never did a instance but im sure i would find partners, i have friends like everyone else, it could be a little harder but would work eventually

6- most guilds wont accept you but there are some guilds that will and like i said before many people will trade you no matter what and trade your guildies as well, i wish what you said was true cause that would mean more drama and thats fun after all

so after all it wont change much if you like challenges, drama, attention w/e u call it playing the outlaw side can be very funny

i dont mean this post to sound offensive to what you wrote GoodDay2Die, im just telling how it really is and if you guys ask what i think about taking DBS i think it IS outlaw/dispute material, it always was and it sounds non sense to me now ppl thinking otherwise, looks like there are many bjers out there in the closet that would like to use this as an excuse for what they being doing

Edited by Rayla1

if you guys ask what i think about taking DBS i think it IS outlaw/dispute material, it always was and it sounds non sense to me now ppl thinking otherwise, looks like there are many bjers out there in the closet that would like to use this as an excuse for what they being doing

;)

Exactly my idea, although we play on different sides :). Imo outlaw/'bad guy' is a role you play, that you choose for. No matter if the game mechanics give the opportunity, it's still a choice people can make. If you find a db, you know very well that someone might be a bit happier getting it returned. You have the choice to be nice - or not.

What bothers me is the hypocrisy of people who like to pretend they're 'good guys', while they happily take bags (with whatever 'background', not important imo) because it's 'part of the game'.

Choice. And I have way more respect for people who choose the 'outlaw' role and are honest about it. Even if it sucks when I'm victim :P

This being the topic of community law, yes, it is against community law to take a bag that does not belong to you. There is a voting option that says "No because if you die without a rosto that is the risk". It is the risk without a rosto, but I feel that is a separate topic and would limit the discussion to only players with expensive gear, which I find is bull crap. A newb will not have expensive gear or a rostogal stone.....which would be worth far more than the gear they would have. Just because the opportunity presents itself for you to be able to steal does not make it any less of a community crime. I feel the same way about PK, which has pissed off many pkers that don't want to admit to playing an evil character. It is the same way with stealing bags.

Different people will have different rules about returning bags. I tend to post on channels 1,2,4 and again in 5 minutes. After that time, there is a possibility that the bag would poof.

I sometimes don't want to bother posting on channels, so I either refresh it and leave it or put a simple bag next to it and then refresh it. The bag that was created/refreshed less recently will poof first. After that bag poofs, I could consider the new bag as being free for the taking. I refer to this as the "timer bag" method.

By the way, I agree with molime. It is the choice of a person to play a bad guy or a good guy and it is a lie when the bagjumpers claim they are good guys because the game lets it happen. Role play, people. Stop telling lies about it! If you don't wanna be known as a thief and you are one, you better not get caught! (thinks about wanted posters)

Edited by nathanstenzel