Eternal Lands Official Forums
wimpie

A few thoughts on the future development of the game

..snip..

You are talking as people can read and follow simple rules.

The reality is that they can't. When I made the depletable resources poll, I had a line with bold text, asking people not to reply within 30 minutes, but 4 people did so (which I banned).

If they can't follow a simple rule like that, how do you expect they can leave their opinions at the door?

you mean like:-

Suggestions Forum Rules.

Read before posting!

1. Do a search or read previous posts BEFORE making a suggestion in this forum! "Suggestions" that are repeats, already being worked on, or are already ingame WILL be deleted.

2. Make a descriptive title for your thread!

Do not use something like "read this". Instead write out what your thread is about!

*Also be aware that even though the developers don't have time to respond to every single post here, doesn't mean that they don't read them or take them into consideration. The developers will decide if a suggestion will be put in the game or not.

AllEternal Lands forum rules still apply.

for instance? :)

*edit: in case anyone is wondering what the point of this post was..compare the suggestions section rules to 95% of the actual posts that get put up on there...hell there's even one that totally ignores rule 2 above atm on the first page..and that's why this was posted. We can't be trusted, sadly.

Edited by Pyewacket

Then they must be totally, 100% objective. They should care about the game as a whole, not about their best interest.

Thats by far the biggest problem with this. There just aren't enough players who are both separated enough from the game to make objective choices and close enough to the game to understand the dynamics of it and the dynamics of its players.

Sounds like all of the ELM guild.

Then they must be totally, 100% objective. They should care about the game as a whole, not about their best interest.

Thats by far the biggest problem with this. There just aren't enough players who are both separated enough from the game to make objective choices and close enough to the game to understand the dynamics of it and the dynamics of its players.

...and also knowledgeable enough to come up with ideas that actually help the game as a whole. - You know, instead of focusing on one thing at a time, maybe thinking about the overall consequences of each game addition so that it can be balanced out.

Definitely hard to even find one person who can do all of that.

[EDIT - fail on my part, this is an old topic]

Edited by Mr.Mind