Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jum

Eternal Lands, a story in progress

Guest Jum

I was bored and decided to start writing. Haven't made much, that's why it's "in progress." I just feel like posting it for now. I will add more when the time comes.

I remember it well, the day I had been awakened. My head lay softly in the grass, my body as still as the earth around me. I could only hear noises, at first a soft buzzing in my mind, but quickly growing to that of voices speaking a common language. A language all races could understand, for I heard the gruff, dwarven voice initially speaking, and a soft, elven voice and a sturdy human voice joining. Surely, I thought, I could not be dead, where all being speak together in peace. For this was not the world I knew. An Elf would rather run through a human or dwarf with his blade before associating with them.

I had to be sure my ears did not decieve me, and pushed my will into the task of opening my eyes. It took many minutes, and I felt as if it would never be accomplished, but eventually they fluttered open, and I gaze upon a beautiful scene; A dwarven man sat in the grass with an elven woman and human male on the grass not twenty feet from where I lay. It seemed almost surreal, for never in my short lifetime had I seen something like this. Splitting a loaf three ways, the human looked at the others and smiled as he spoke; "Surely, if we travel in a group, the goblins dare not attack us! It would be folly to do so unless they could back their strength with numbers!"

"No, you're wrong." Says the elven woman. "A goblin is mightier than you may think. Forget your childhood tales of might by sword and use your weak human mind for once."

"Easy lass, we'll 'ave none of that, now." The dwarf lay his large warhammer across his lap, warning the others to argue. "Leave yer petty disputes to the gods, let's focus on the task at hand!"

"Yes, dwarf, you're right," said the human male. "Let's get moving, it will be dark soon, and harder to make our way through the swamps."

With this final word, the trio stood and took their leave of the small grassy knoll. Shortly after they walked away, an elven man came up to me and spoke. "Listen, you'll get nowhere fast if you just lay on the grass all day. You should get up and get moving, it's the only way you'll get anywhere."

"Excuse me sir, " I said. "Where am I? Who are you? Why did those three not fight, but venture forth together? How did I come to this place?" I missiled a barrage of questions and the seemingly young man. He only smiled and sat next to me in the grass.

"You must be new. Let me give you some insight. You're on an island aptly called Isla Prima. This is the beginning, and sometimes the end, for all people. I'm known as Tiras Hazor. Those three," he said, while motioning to where the people wandered off to," didn't fight because they're not enemies. Why would they fight each other when they have to defend against creatures of the outworlds? And how did you come here? Well, only the gods may know. But we all start here, though my homeland lay in the Forest of Fall."

"Well... what am I doing here?"

He looked slyly at me and smiled. "Anything you choose. Welcome, my friend, to the Eternal Lands."

Very good so far, Jum! I like it! It's nice to have a story about what's happening in the Lands currently, instead of focusing on the past. And it's great to see how you're working players into the story slowly. (Although to be precise, Hazor's a wood elf...) But nevertheless, keep it up!

-Lyn-

hm.. Tiras is my characters first name :-p

and yes, as Lyanna said, I'm an elf from the forest of the fall, not a human.

and since your seemingly first person character seems to also be an elf, whos origin is of a place that hates men and dwarves, it'd make more sense if he attempted to defend himself from a human, and be more open to another elf.. :)

but I too like the idea of using players names in your story :P

Guest Jum

Smoothed out minor details =P

I'll add more either late tonight or some time tomorrow!