Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

I would like to propose that when you are close enough to a storage bot, and you use the "#sto" command, you can be taken directly into your storage.

Also since some have personal storage bots... if you wanted to specify a different bot than the normal one : #sto <bot name>

I searched and didn't see this suggested previously

Thanks,

DarthCookie

A hotkey for this is also on my wishlist hehe. Much like the ctrl-i inv hotkey.

EDIT: Though, it doesn't take much more clicks/typing to open it as it is.

Edited by Raytray

Typing a command to get it opend it seems a bit too lazy to me when all you need to do is click the sto char wich would be easier

*lol actually it takes more to type a command then clicking the sto char but oh well

Edited by Entris

Typing a command to get it opend it seems a bit too lazy to me when all you need to do is click the sto char wich would be easier

*lol actually it takes more to type a command then clicking the sto char but oh well

:pirate: Im a pretty fast typer and I'm on a trackpad, Plus doing this wouldn't mean you HAVE to use the command just an alternative

Storage NPC - ATM if you use #sto anywhere (even in range of the NPC) it takes you to your storage but it is "View Only"

What I was talking about is if you are close to a storage NPC you could use the #sto command to take you to your actual storage.

Storage NPC - ATM if you use #sto anywhere (even in range of the NPC) it takes you to your storage but it is "View Only"

Yes, very annoying. Right up there with having #sto stop your harvesting when you are NOT in range of an NPC and you really just want to View Only to see if you have enough ingredients.

A hotkey for this is also on my wishlist hehe. Much like the ctrl-i inv hotkey.

EDIT: Though, it doesn't take much more clicks/typing to open it as it is.

suggestion: use the #alias command.

usage: #alias <any number from 0-99> <command>

coding example: #alias 4 #sto

usage type in: #4 [will display "#sto" results when you press Enter]

more suggestions:

i normally use the #alias command shortkeys to type in commands i usually use, like:

/gossip tell <playername>

#il

#ci

#sto

/gossip about <playername>

...etc...

although using the #alias command with more than one word after the command number takes a bit more coding, and usage, thus:

using: /gossip tell playername your order is ready

response: [PM from Gossip: I'll tell 'em when I see 'em.]

code: #alias 8 /gossip tell $0 <--zero

usage: #8 "playername your order is ready" <-- don't forget the quotation marks, otherwise, the command will only take the first word (playername) as the ONLY string attached to the command.

using: /gossip about playername

code: #alias 7 /gossip about $0 <-- zero

usage: #7 playername <-- no more quotation mark, since you're only processing a single string/word

or, just for a regular command:

using: @hey hey what's up all of yous? XD <--regular channel chat greeting when i log on

code: #alias 1 @hey hey what's up all of yous? XD

usage: #1

usage is endless, if you want to experiment with some :medieval:

thanks to danrothar for teaching me this :)

===================================================

on the other hand...

setting the #sto command to automatically default to the active storage window is a good idea :) problem is, if you're within the active area of the storage NPC, and you want to check your hazardous material storage, you will have to get out of range to see it.

I like the idea of a short cut, or command, to open the actual storage when in range of the storage NPC.

It is often close to impossible to access the storage NPC, as there are so many players standing around him/her that finding a spot to click him/her.