Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
romedogg

bill to change drinking age

Im so tired of going out and gettin messed up then having to spend money on a hotel just to keep from gettin breath-a-lized by the MPs. Or going on post praying they dont breath-a-lize me. Its not fair why shouldnt i be able to drink? If u think i shouldnt be able to drink I have a very valid point that will change ur view. If im old enought to be givin a rifle and expected to take some1s life away then i should most definitally be old enough to drink. now go vote

Edited by Acelon
No more naughty language ;)

Do not like your laungue but I agree with your point.

I don't like your spelling, but i agree with boosie also.

Well, i agree that if you're old enough to bust caps in asses you're old enough to drink... guess upping the military service minimum age would solve the problem too though :P

...or just come to Australia boosie, they have pr0 system here; at 18 you can start drinking and driving! :P

Do not like your laungue but I agree with your point.

I don't like your spelling, but i agree with boosie also.

Well, i agree that if you're old enough to bust caps in asses you're old enough to drink... guess upping the military service minimum age would solve the problem too though :P

...or just come to Australia boosie, they have pr0 system here; at 18 you can start drinking and driving! :P

Boosie's spelling isn't much better :)

Guest MacNathan

Last time I knew, the military had Officers and NCO's "commanding" those with live munitions. So there was this chain of command thing in effect to supervise when to use deadly force. And not one of them was dumb enough to let a guy who was drunk handle a live weapon. You could consider a moving vehicle a weapon of sorts. Ask anyone who's been at a vehicle checkpoint and had one attempt to ram through it.

Anyway I don't care at what age you get to drink, you still shouldn't be able to drive when you do. Quit whining and spend the money on a cab or go out with friends and split the cost. No matter how old you are the MP's at the gate will still breathalize you if they think your under the influence, I don't care if your the GD Brigade Commander.

P.S. If you think the MPs at the gate are bad, go to Germany and try out the Polizie. You can refuse their breathalizer test...they just do a blood test instead but don't use needles to extract it. :D

Last time I knew, the military had Officers and NCO's "commanding" those with live munitions. So there was this chain of command thing in effect to supervise when to use deadly force. And not one of them was dumb enough to let a guy who was drunk handle a live weapon. You could consider a moving vehicle a weapon of sorts. Ask anyone who's been at a vehicle checkpoint and had one attempt to ram through it.

Anyway I don't care at what age you get to drink, you still shouldn't be able to drive when you do. Quit whining and spend the money on a cab or go out with friends and split the cost. No matter how old you are the MP's at the gate will still breathalize you if they think your under the influence, I don't care if your the GD Brigade Commander.

P.S. If you think the MPs at the gate are bad, go to Germany and try out the Polizie. You can refuse their breathalizer test...they just do a blood test instead but don't use needles to extract it. :bow_arrow:

When did i say anything about driving? In korea u have to have a good reason to have a POV personally owend vehicle period. i nvr said anything about driving i jus said i should be able to drink if im able to kill. wat did u say that actually had anything to do w/ wat i said pls tell me?

And for all u ignorant bitches out there WE DONT WALK AROUN WITH WEPONS ARMY IS A JOB JUS LIKE ANY OTHER GET OFF AT 5 THEN UR DONE FOR THE DAY. y be so dum ppl?

mcwhoever is an idiot dont listen to him, the mps r the same everywhere thats a SOP pls dont talk no more u piss me off with ur ignorance, imo u actually made urself look dum cus wat u said wasnt on topic and u talk like u no something some1 else dont no. ur ignorance pisses me off

mcwhoever is an idiot dont listen to him, the mps r the same everywhere thats a SOP pls dont talk no more u piss me off with ur ignorance, imo u actually made urself look dum cus wat u said wasnt on topic and u talk like u no something some1 else dont no. ur ignorance pisses me off

excellent point.

i agree that if you are old enough to sign up to be a contract killer for the government, you are old enough to have a beer.

But such a decision should not be taken lightly and one should have the maturity to know what they are getting into, and what it means to sign up for such a thing. Maybe take a tour of a military hospital or two, and talk with some veterans.

joining the military is a life altering decision, the government should deem the age at which someone is mature enough to alter their life, should be the same if not later than they can enjoy a frosty cold one. the legal age to join the military should be at least 21, give a person to experience more of the country that grade school, summer camp and hanging out at the mall. Before they can get talked into signing up to fight for it, let them find out what they are fighting for.

this is one law I doubt you will see changed in your lifetime. I totally agree that it is unfair to ask a young man or woman to take a bullet in the name of freedom, yet not have the freedom to make certain choices for themself. (I am all for raising the Enlistment age) But at the same time, you went in to boot camp, you were supervised and trained how to use that weapon by well quailified trainers and god forbid you are ever sent to war you will have SGT's and commanders to keep you in line,who will be held accountable (along with yourself) if you screw up...... who is going to keep you inline at the bar?

who is going to keep you inline at the bar?

Who keeps everyone inline everywhere?

A person doesn't have to be under the influence of alcohol to take actions that will adversely affect the lives of others.

Who stops me from punching someone who's leaning on my car because i don't want them to be doing that?

The police, the courts, the unavoidable penalties... that outweigh the brief moment of pleasure.

Furthermore; Who keeps anyone of any age inline at the bar?

You don't have to be <21 to be a nuisance at a bar... whoever keeps everyone else inline is who would keep boosie inline.

...and lastly, i don't know how it works in the USA, but in Australia bar owners can actually be held (partially) responsible for actions of people they continued to serve after they were 'clearly' very intoxicated, which is why all bars here reserve the right to deny service, and to deny entry (and almost certainly will if you appear quite intoxicated).

The point still stands that if boosie's expected to be mature enough to be thrown into Black Hawk Down-style scenario and not lose his head, responsible enough to be handed a weapon capable of wiping away life at a very fast rate, then it's reasonable to assume he'd be mature and responsible enough to have a few beers if he wants to.

Edited by Korrode