Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aira

Feelings on the Al-Qaeda video

He sure makes a convincing article. Makes me wonder.

"Support low for your country?"

"Dress up like a terrorist, behead a guy, and make your country love you!"

LoL, I wouldn't put it past them. Makes even more sense they mentioned the prison beatings. Like a magician, slight of hand and distraction.

Paid a little to mexico to release some UFO sightings too for good measure.

Ok, my paranoia is sated for now :)

Really, I don't think this is an appropriate situation for conspiracy theories.

At least I choose not to believe in most of them as I don't want to become too paranoid - but either way the only people I trust are my friends and I do not trust any government/authority ;-) Lost faith in them long ago - they do not serve humanity, they serve capitalism and nothing else...

Ravenod - concerning the polarisation of American deaths during the war: What did you expect? - The american TV stations are just serving their stations capitalistic interests and nothing else. People in the US do not want to hear about the continuing murders done by their government, but they're enraged when one of their soldiers die in service, hence the focus is on these events.

Personally I am enraged by the worldwide injustice and capitalistic movement that leaves the poor behind in the dust, but makes the rich richer.

About the religious debate: I'm an atheist and lost faith in God or whatever you want to call her a long time ago. If anything I do believe in love (Yep, I'm a hippie born 30-40 years too late :)).

Ok I know the shit that the prison guards did was seriously f'd up. As an American I think are troops should be above that. But I can't help but also think that the whole world is willing to accept a beheading and bodies being slung over a bridge and burnt, but American's take some degrading photos of P.O.W.'s and everyone pissed. Wow, maybe it's just me your views are really warped. This war in Iraq has become another Vietnam. Most americans don't think we should be over there ( including myself ). I would really like to see a democracy in Iraq but I don't think it will ever happen. The people of Iraq are just going to see it as a puppet government. And for all you that think that were over there for oil, chew on this since this time last year I have seen 40% increase on the price of gas. We gave the people of Iraq there freedom, what have we seen in return ( dead soliders, an even worse image, and a butt load of debt).

xavier1 - I think the reason why people are willing to accept watching the painful deaths of Americans in Iraq is the "strike-first" factor. Many people do not think that entering Iraq was a part of the "war against terror" and they do not take kindly on the American military's occupation of Iraq. We're enraged when we see children dying in the streets because of American missiles, that was fired from the sea hundreds of miles away, and the terrorist actions in Iraq are often looked upon as revenge. It's not that the deaths are not horrific, I feel disgusted as well when I see pictures of dead bodies humiliated, but then I start to think about the situation of the people who are doing this. They think that the american occupation of Iraq is _very_ wrong, and they have an urge for revenge - anger is (unfortunately) a natural feeling when you think that injustice has been brought upon you. It's just easier to accept the deaths of repressentants of the occupying army than to accept the deaths of civilians on either side.

You may ask yourself this: What would you do if your child was killed in a war as an innocent victim? Would you feel anger, mistrust etc. and urge for revenge, or would you accept it as a part of the war and hope that his/her death was not in vain? And what would you feel now that you see that the american occupation has not made the situation better?

We all see the world through different glasses, and none of them are 100% neutral. Some are near-sighted and some are long-sighted, and the way we feel about the images we see on the television depends on what strength those glasses have. As we time goes by we will change our glasses, but outer events affect our vision drastically as well. This is what's currently happening in Iraq - some americans are getting more extreme in their nationalistic views, and the same thing is happening to Arabs.

We gave the people of Iraq there freedom, what have we seen in return ( dead soliders, an even worse image, and a butt load of debt).

Yes, I have to agree with you. Afterall, the total freedom is to separate your immortal soul from the body, so you can get rid of all the limitations your punny body imposes on you. That's why we have that death message in the game: "player was liberated the american way".

Now the Iraqi want to thank the gloriuos american nation for liberating so many of them, so they, in return, liberate americans. What's wrong in that?

We didn't liberate Iraq. We gave them OUR set of rules and they didn't want that. They want a religous leader... Also, we killed hundreds of thousands of them...Women, Children, Babies, and the Pregnant....

We didn't liberate Iraq. We gave them OUR set of rules and they didn't want that. They want a religous leader... Also, we killed hundreds of thousands of them...Women, Children, Babies, and the Pregnant....

Clearly you didn't see the point with Ent's post - they were liberated the american way:

Afterall, the total freedom is to separate your immortal soul from the body, so you can get rid of all the limitations your punny body imposes on you.

(Killed)

I just don't think that its an extremely dangerous threat that the Iraqis and Al-Qaeda will go to any lengths to fight, and use any excuse to do so. But think of it this way:

If we leave, and if we don't continue, the Iraqi people will set up their own form of government, and the people that are most likely going to run are going to be pro Al-Qaeda, striving for something to believe in.

And with that, they will probably try to attack the US again. I don't think we should give them that chance.

We have commited probably more acts of terrorism AGAINST Afganistan/Iraq in the past 3 years than Al Quida(SP) has done to us ever...

They think that the american occupation of Iraq is _very_ wrong, and they have an urge for revenge - anger is (unfortunately) a natural feeling when you think that injustice has been brought upon you.

Ok do you think that American's also have the right to that same urge for revenge for the injustice that happened to us on 9/11?? And yes I know that the political reasoning for the war in Iraq was to seek out weapons of mass destruction. But I think we all can agree that there is a laundry list of other reasons that Saddam needed to removed from power(i.e. the oppression of his people, his support of terrorist organizations around the world). I agree Bush should have handle this differently. I don't believe that there would have been a peaceful resolution to this, but I think that in time we might have had the U.N. backing.

Now the Iraqi want to thank the gloriuos american nation for liberating so many of them, so they, in return, liberate americans. What's wrong in that?

You got it all wrong we were just thanking them for showing all those people in the trade center their radical Islamic beliefs.

xavier1: That depends completely on whether you think of the war in Iraq as a part of the war against terror or not. Furthermore your army has already killed thousands of innocent civilians during your campaigns, when is the bloodthirst going to end?

When will you see that this is not the right way to handle terrorism? You cannot kill fundementalism through war and violence - the only things you gain through these actions are more enemies (and more extreme ones as well).

9/11 most likely had little to do with Iraq. The excuse was the terrorists were hiding there, but I don't really buy into that. They could have been/are hiding where ever they want, especially in the Middle East (I have nothing against the Mid East, just their governments tend to look the other way when opponents of US get involved).

In my opinion, we shouldn't be killing anyone over there, terrorist, civilian, or otherwise. That is what they make chemicals for; make a big chem bomb that puts everybody to sleep, which would all but eliminate accidental deaths and still allow soldiers to search the area to capture whoever it is the stupid guys want today. As for our being there and setting up a government, it shouldn't happen. Free them, let them pick the government.

Still, I don't think anybody (even Hitler) should die in such a painful way as that guy. Lowers the executioner to that guy's level of evil.

Hmm, actually by looking more into the video, there are several inconsistencies that makes my bell ring. The time suddenly jumps 11 hours between the apparent execution and the beheading (which is seen as 1 consistent scene, where the camera moves towards the NB), apparently the man leading the execution is NOT Zarqawi (or he had his tattoo on one of his hands removed), and there are several anomilies with the beheading as well - furthermore the hooded Zarqawi changes his hood after the beheading when he holds the "head" up, and that's a quite weird thing to do. Secondly it seems like they're beheading a doll - there's no body reflexes at all.

Here's a better link:

http://www.breakfornews.com/NickBergEnemiesList.htm

I think it's time for conspiracy theories now. I do hope that a good journalist would dare take up these leads - I'm not saying that it is the american government who did this, but if it was it's a very dangerous task to cast light over the "Nick Berg"-gate.

Yes, I also watched the video (it was a relatively low res, and couldn't see much of the detail) but many things weren't right in it.

More and more people (including me) start to believe there is something 'fishy' about it.

Guest Toyminator

LOL 'fishy'...

This is all fake...Nick Berg is fake...I am fake! LIVING IS FAKE!!! THE WORLD IS FAKE!!!! EVERYTHING IS FAKE!!! Exept Eternal Lands, thats real..

EDIT: I cant find the link, where can I see the movie?

Guest Toyminator

Wait, maybe the terrorists WANT the US to believe that they are US..

Guest Toyminator

EDIT cant work :?

So: The body was already found...so there is no chance that its not real..