Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Segor

The PK Server

We all know that the PK server didn't came out as most wanted so I won't be approaching that.

I had been thinking and talking about updates with several people and todays update talk with DHT got me to post this.

Question to Radu

Are you thinking on keeping PK Server as a close mirror of the Main Server or will you take it one step further?

So far on the PK server, apart from the large PK areas, 2 NPC's not accessible and no cooldown we have all what main server has, good and bad.

But we aren't the main server, we are a small community wich focus most it's activity gathering resources to burn on a fighting character, unlike main where many are suppliers working for other to get some return at the end $$ that isn't always invested on the game.

The constant whinning to get things tweaked and changed to make the game easier have sometimes some strange repercussions on the PK Server, like the Speed Hax pot that has now been removed. AFAIK it was never available on the pk server as only 1 person payed for the book and probably never got his/her hands on a leonard fur.

What main has got that we haven't got yet (last PK Server update was 45 days 15 hours)

Mar 17 2009

Changed the Ice Bolts formula so that the ingredients match the number of bolts produced.

Now the summoned creatures with special effects have a (summoning_skill/4)% chance to bypass the MI of an enemy.

Removed the horse whistles from the NPC. They will be available from the shop only, since they are not really used.

The 40 and 60 a/d arenas in DP are no drops now.

New weapon, with radiation damage. The formula is a secret for now.

A few new secret areas.

Two new invasion monsters (Bulangiu and Nasparliu)

Mar 29 2009

Some NPC cosmetic changes.

No more 3 Blue Lupines from some bushes (2 is the max).

New perk, Ninja.

Increased the damage done by the Self Destruct perk by 10.

New award, Leo Kills (will be available soon, as Ghrae puts it on his page).

New monster, Mare Bulangiu. Sort of like the Bulangiu's big brother.

Bulangiu and AC only when invaded, have true sight. Mare Bulangiu doesn't have TS.

The outhouses have new harvesting events.

New perk removal stone (Godless). How you get it is a mystery.

The Harvester Medallion prevents the Mare Bulangiu from climbing out of the outhouse, and also gives you more gold and exp than before. The breaking chance has also been decreased.

Apr 10 2009

Adjusted the glowing titanium short swords to give better damage.

The Scythe stats were increased quite a bit, also the breaking chance.

Increased the base damage of the RC mine from 45 to 75. It also does double damage to the invaded creatures.

Implemented an Archery Arena in GP. Tokens are sold at the booth, 3.5K.

New weapon, Radioactive Rapier is available from the shop, for 60 bucks. Same stats as the Rapier, but +15 radiation damage. A non shop version with a higher break rate will be available soon.

Reduced the rate of the Mare Bulangiu being pulled from the outhouse.

Added a few 'mini harvesting events' where you can get a gold, exp, or damage. The Harvester medallion will give you a small bonus for the positive mini events, and they do not destroy it.

The horses do not require creature food anymore. Their double speed was also removed.

The TS potion requires 1 brown rabbit fur, rather than 3 henbane

Added 4 more rabbits in DP

New summoned only creature, Tank rabbit. Requires 1 brown rabbit fur, 1 bone, 1 meat, 1 life essence, tit bar, Summoning 58, Animal 6

Apr 18 2009

Some cosmetic NPC changes.

Fixed the target monster so it is easier to hit.

Added two new horses (black and white)

New day, Day of Robin Tell

Made the mini harvesting events slightly more rare, they give a little more gold and exp, and there is a new mini harvest event.

Some summons will give multiple monsters with the same ingredients (but not from summoning stones). Fluffy rabbits will summon 3 fluffies, and Phantom Warrior will summon 6, all with the same formula. The charms adds the possibility to summon an extra one.

Changed the TS potion to require beaver fur instead of brown rabbit fur.

Increased the gold drops of fluffs, DCs, FCs, and MCs.

The Harvester medallion has a 1/3 chance to NOT stop working if you have a mini event.

Today

Increased the FCW spawn time a little.

Increased the Cockatrice drops a little.

5 new books.

The MB dung event was removed, and the MB was replaced by a rat.

The More Grief and No Grief days have been removed.

Slowed down the rabbits, and gave them some GC.

Removed the speed hax potion (not usable anymore).

Decreased the cooldown of the ring of power and ring of damage.

RC mines no longer do double damage to the invasion creatures.

New makable items: Radioactive Rapier and Gatherer Medallion

TS potion now requires deer antlers instead of beaver furs.

From what I read on the forums, a couple ideas weren't implemented in EL because the main server community prevented it in some way.

How about getting some things on the PK Server that aren't/won't be implemented on the main server?

Can this server have bigger differences from the main server without the fear of those changes being "moved" on to the main server by accident?

Some of us on this side would be happy to try/test some new things over time. Although I was threatening people that could get a Mare Bulangiu out of an outhouse (if that would have been added to the PK Server) I was kind of looking forward to the team work that would bring around here to kill it.

This post is already too long, hope there is a change to get a reply here or a conversation on the PK Server to get the Devs position regarding the PK Server.

Thank you for reading

I have some other points I'd like to discuss, and as well as that hear Radu's opinion about them.

Potion of Speed Hax - no idea why it was removed from the main server, but in PK server it fits perfectly, cos there is only 1 second cooldown on food.

Mare Bulangiu - would LOVE to see it summoned here some time, was even thinking of giving a prize for the first person to make him climb out of the outhouse lol. Mainly just to see how capable we are in defeating it, how much teamwork and effort we need for it.

Now the biggest issue would be the mini events. However, I haven't seen them myself because I don't play on main server for quite some time now, but I wonder what Radu thinks about them being on the PK server; since multiplaying is allowed here, what impact would it do to the players?

I think that making PK server being a bit more different from Main might bring more players here.

-Speed hax is nice of course but should not be available to harvest alts. A tweak could be that a speed hax pot weights 100-200 EMU and you need to have at least one left in your inventory to keep on running. (Or just tweak food usage so we can keep on running but need to eat nearly non-stop)

-Extra Harvest events could be implemented on the PK-server too, but if not it will be another point where the PK-server is different from the main-server. More difference is good in my opinion.

-KF could perhaps get the mercury spawn back on the PK-server.

-MB would be awesome, especially on the PK-server. Hardly any dung harvesters around so it will be a very rare event. Then when it does get out of an outhouse it will be roaming that map for a long time.

-Since creature food is so hard to make/expensive on the PK-server the horses/mules could remain ingame but have them use very little creature foods/produce more a time.

-Instances are good as they are. (Perhaps lower level requirement so it is easier to get a team together, even a weak team.)

Any totally new ideas that will not be implemented on the main-server would be awesome, but for a small community it may be too much work.

There was some talk about a 'KING' status, or a 'capture the flag' feature.

-A pk ant gets a special 'status' (+5 a/d and +20 health or something), its name will be a different color and an ingame command (#king) will show who has the status.

When that pk_ant gets killed (by monster or player) that monster/player gets the status :0

The 'KING' should be pk able everywhere except UW/IP... Happy hunting.

-Speed hax is nice of course but should not be available to harvest alts. A tweak could be that a speed hax pot weights 100-200 EMU and you need to have at least one left in your inventory to keep on running. (Or just tweak food usage so we can keep on running but need to eat nearly non-stop)

Speed hax already has a 50/50 chance to consume 1 food for every step you take, so running from mine to sto might use too much for a harvester, but dunno, might be worth testing. And it goes off when you log off or your food reaches -29 afaik.

EDIT: (didn't want to double post)

I have a suggestion to make a subforum for bugs on the main server, or a subforum for PK server on bugs forum, doesnt really matter :icon4: anything similar to the idea would be great too, like a rule to add [PK] at the beginning of the thread topic when it concerns PK server stuff.

Edited by DHT

Mini events was introduced on main server to prevent farming, since it's not a problem on PK server hopefully it wont be introduced there, also it has no point in having alts if this is introduced.

-Since creature food is so hard to make/expensive on the PK-server the horses/mules could remain ingame but have them use very little creature foods/produce more a time.

And it should stay that way.

I wouldn't want to see dragon armor being manuable at level 50 manu either so lets keep some things as it makes sense to be.

There is no reasons to lower the stats on monsters/instances/etc of what is implemented. I would be more supportive to addapt to the PK Server some of what is to come or new ideas that Radu has on his table that haven't yet been tested/implemented.

btw i have 2k+ creature food in storage and it was so very easy to get it a little at a time.

We all know that the PK server didn't came out as most wanted ...
I'm actually very pleased with the way it's developed over the last year. But there could still be improvements. And I fully support the idea of making an even larger differentiation between the PK and Main servers.

I realize it's a lot of extra work to keep the servers configured differently. The accidental loss of the merc spawn shows how easy it is for main server changes to slip in. As such I'm sure Radu would like to keep the differences to a minimum.

Even so, there are a couple more things I'd like to see different between the servers:

1. We need the merc spawn back in KF. FE's are just to rare and valuable to expend on a breakable alembic.

2. Legal multi-playing was one of the three main aspects of the PK server (along with most maps being PK, and no cooldown). As such, the PK server should not get the new mini harvest events.

Beyond those, I'd be interested in changes that fit the unique character of the PK server. The removal of a couple high-end armor/weapon NPCs is a perfect example because that encourages the development of skills in order to make items that can't simply be purchased.

I'd also like to see more unique advantages (like no cooldown) that make the PK server more fun to play and lessen the impact of needing to start a character over from scratch. That would help draw more people to give it a try.

Another suggestion: make BoD and BroD only available from shop. this would give Radu more $ as well as no noobs running around broding everyone (like some were/are on main) :confused:

Great thread!

I am all for a return of the mercury bags in KF, even if it requires the removal of the No Drop feature.

My unpopular opinions of the past still hold. I would like to see fewer high~end weapons, makeable only maybe, not armor though. Also either no rostos available from store or, for the sake of bricks, raise the store price of rostos.

Point being that too many weapons and rostos make for too much reckless attacking and less strategic planning. Plus it brings more equality between players when fewer items can be bought from the store and NPC's. Bots, of course can trade anything.

Of course I believe it's up to us players to bring more people to the server which is something we sorely need!

Edit: Addendum~

Forgot to mention that to make up for the loss of buyable items, how about a positive tweak on EFE probability?

Edited by Piggy

- There are loads of EFE on the PK-server (just not in my storage :( )

- I really like the 1 us$ rostogols (I like cheap..)

- - - If they were more expensive I would be more careful so loosing less too, does not make too much difference. Just means people will die less often (less pk!!!! hehe).

- The weapons and armors that are not available from the NPC's stimulate some skills/economy and I think that all NPC-buyable items should remain as they are now.

- - - I guess more items could be sold at the shop besides the Rosts and the Showoff items (?). Maybe EDE/ELE, if summoners will be buying them. NO EFE or bind/serp/enrich/nexus/attribute stones please.

- Increased probability for PK-server related days:

- - - Day of no rostogols

- - - No drops Day

- - - Day of invasions (get a lot cool hosted invasions already tho :confused: )

- - - Day of the dead?

- - - Green Day?

- - - Labour Day?

- - - Leonard's Day

- - - Peace Day (Last one was really fun :( )

Just some stuff, can't hurt to throw it out there :D

Think is, there is almost no income for me from the PK server, and there are not as many players there to justify a lot of effort.

As for the speed hax potion, you got to be fucking kidding me. Only 14 used in the whole history of the PK server, and all in one day. So now, it's not going to stay, lol.

Think is, there is almost no income for me from the PK server, and there are not as many players there to justify a lot of effort.

mirror from main then as I see it. thank you

will be waiting for the next update.

Thing is Radu, we didn't have the chance to test it until yesterday (due to high pot level and leonard fur, and the knowledge). And when we did, it felt pretty good. you just run and keep eating :D of course, if it was tweaked it could be used for more than just races and having fun, but that's totally up to you.

i guess that brings us back to the point that we need more players...

(This might actually be the cure for most of the problems we face on PK.)

As Segor stated before, if the PK server was different from main in more than the current aspects, it might drive people here more often. We have already seen people leaving main server and coming here due to mini harvesting events.

Personally, I talk to the little circle of people I know on main and tell them about this server from time to time (that's how we got bromber to join us), and I will keep doing so.

If we take a good look at the existing community the big majority are players that were never PKers on the main server.

People from medium/large guilds that like events and projects.

People used to work to get their items made.

People playing with a purpose of having fun killing mobs.

The minority only are PKers, that try to get all their items from pking.

Most of them gets frustrated because harvesters and new players don't drop what they want and people in higher gear tend to wear rostos.

When they notice they have to work to get items, they either give up or buy chars to get items and levels.

Only from Dao, a guild that didn't like PKing, there are some 6 members on this server playing, one being me.

Edited by Segor

Not to grind a quote into the ground... but I'd like to think us players on PK would be able to receive some points for recruiting larger numbers of paying people here, and get some clout as to particular changes or extras.

As far as this thread goes, in my opinion it's more discussing ideas than making demands. The Speed Hax was a one~time tryout for those of us who still won't get that experienced for some time, and loads of fun to do!

some more suggestions for special days in the PK server:

Not a Really Safe Day:

No 10 second immunity when entering a map, meaning you can be attacked just as you enter a map.

As Segor stated before, if the PK server was different from main in more than the current aspects, it might drive people here more often. We have already seen people leaving main server and coming here due to mini harvesting events.

This is true, one of the main reasons i am here is because of the mini events from main, with all due respect i disliked this update and reduced my playing time on main and went to PK server.

As for the speed hax potion, you got to be fucking kidding me. Only 14 used in the whole history of the PK server, and all in one day. So now, it's not going to stay, lol.

You have to give the potioners a chance, idk if you realised this but getting high pot levels and these high end items (lenny fur and MoP) is very hard on this server. I really do have to thank the people for making it possible to have such items, it is truely nice work. Why remove a feature you added because it isnt used on a server where 20-30 players are online a day? If people not using it enought doesnt make 'us' deserve it, lot of things would not be here. Like i said before give 'our' mixers some credit it is very hard getting a mixing skill level high, GC for the book, time to read the book, and it is VERY hard getting the ings for all these items.

~SenZ

P.S. Also @ Speed Hax. We rarely get updates, so by the time we do get the updates we have to read the books, get the ings, and find/kill lenny.

Edited by SenZon

I Agree senz... We got the last update Much later than main did.. and it takes alot more to hunt lenny on the pk server than it does main. We dont have the eyes on every map that those on main have. Not only that, but Not everyone is strong enough to kill him. I know I have engaged him several times but he always manages to Diss and tele Right when I think I finally have him.. HES SNEAKY!!! :) We are trying Really we are.

I can't help but have this feeling of being punished somehow. I dont feel like those of us on the pk server are bitching and moaning like those I have read from main server posts. I think We are just trying to come up with reasons to help us feel at ease... We all have this constant feeling of the server coming to an end. We are trying everything we can possible to make it so it does not come to end. We post suggestions, comments, we ask for advise, and Certainly try not to be troublesome. I am sure you aren't punishing us. I guess what I am asking is... could you give us a little idea what you see the pk server of doing in the future? We love the pk server and would love to see more people on it. We just have to know how we can help. Most of all We need to know of Where you see pk server going? I think When we hear this.. We can all come together to decide in which ways we can better help. We by no means want to take you away from main and we KNOW you are very busy.

Thank you for reading my questions.. I Love this game really I do.. Just want to know in which way pk server will head in the future. Again Thank you :(

Kit_gw :)