Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LewisCarroll

Monarchy in the PK

People of PK!

Hereafter I shall convince you that democracy sucks and furthermore that

We need a King!

I could have stopped here but the answers to this post are quite predictable. So I will simulate some possible forthcoming answers:

(1) YAY! GREAT IDEA!!! YOU BE THE KING!

(2) Cool! Let’s get a king.

(3) mhmm

(4) Why do we need a king?

(5) We don’t need a king!

(6) This idea sucks!

(7) LewisCarroll, YOU suck!

(8) Your mom can’t cook!!!

(radu) I read the “Ban Lewis!”-thread. Seems people want me to ban you…

(radu) I read your thread. You’re banned!

(some guy from WoW) radu send me an email. We don’t want you here!

(Boss) You’re the guy who wanted a king? You’re fired!

(wife) A king?! DIVORCE!!!

(kid) I have no father…

(convict) Honey, you dropped the soap!

(guard) Dead man walking!

I guess now everyone understands why I have to go a bit more into detail here.

Of course the most obvious Questions are:

- Why do we need a king?/Why should we have a king?

- What does the king do?

- Why should I want to become king?

First: We don`t NEED a king. But maybe we could have one just for fun (It’s a game after all!)

But if you give the idea some thinking there might be some interesting aspects. For example there was a new goal to become something, not only for the strong but also for the clever, depending how we would get the king. Monarchy could also give some more reasons to pk. And not only One-on-one-fights! For example if we would agree on this: If someone wants to become the new king he has to fight the old king and his army (or only his army e.g. in case of a supplier being king), which would be everyone how liked the old king or who just didn’t want the other person to become new king. Therefore the one who wants to be king had to get an army on his own. Suppliers could help and give various stuff to their party while fighters …well…fight. And by splitting the server into three groups (royalists, opposition and the indifferent there might be more space for tensions leading to fights. Hereby we should again remember that the main reason for all this would be fun!)

The king could also make the PK-Server more interesting. Imagine people on main: “I’ve heard there is a king on PK…”

Other reasons might be found when considering what the king could do.

I think there should be nothing fix for the king to do. Every king can decide what he does or not. Here are some examples (not only the “good” stuff – a king should have the choice to be cruel or bad or…):

- try to get more players to the Server

- organise more events

- repress people not following orders or rules he made up. (He would need some strong people on his side)

- care about noobs

- get a connection to radu or become something like the PK-Priest and talk to Mortos for more Invasions

- care about the royalist subjects to stay king as long as possible

So it would actually be possible to say: “The King is so good to us people.” Or something similar. (And the king could be given cool surnames while he is king: King… the Cruel or Queen … the Fat…)

But as it is these are just suggestions, since the king can do whatever he wants

(like everyone :) )

Next: Why should I want to become king?

Answers:

- For sake of the monarchy on PK :)

- Imagine YOU can say: “I’m King Woodeh/Pro/Segor… the mighty ruler of PK blablabla…” or “I’m Queen Kit/PT… and all the men here have to do what I say MUHAHAHAHA!!!” (Have I said it’s about fun?)

- You could actually do something to contribute to the prosperity and growth of the server and the (again) fun.

- …(maybe you can find some more reasons -> homework)

Ok. I’m tired of writing – here’s the conclusion:

Democracy (because of the polls in forum) or the kind of anarchy we have now is to peaceful for a PK-Server. WE NEED A KING! And if we keep it simple (no fix king-tasks) it’s no problem to install one. The procedure to do that should be simple as well btw (and bloody, cruel, some pk-every1-and-bagjump-your-a..-of-way)

Everthing I wrote is just suggestion! If no one is interested then we just wont have a king  (obvious isn’t it)

We need now:

- some opinions and suggestions on the topic

- (at least) two players who want to be king (rival players/guilds, you are addressed!)

- And a date to fight for THE FIRST KING OF PK (sounds good doesn’t it?)

How about those fights being every weekend (if anyone wants to become the new king) and have to be announced in a special “King-thread” (the first candidate please open such a thread) Oh, I forgot: once we have the first king we could have the enemies attacking his castle/fort. Could be fun…

Last word: The first candidate may choose the place! -> king thread (And if there is only one, he will be king for sure! We don’t want that to happen, do we?!)

First fight: next weekend! (got to push it a little)

Well what an interesting thread

I see you have not taken your pills or did you just take to many :)

This might actually be a good idea for the PK server

You have put a lot of thought into this and I can wait to read some responses.

In Days of Old the Queen / King would select a champion from there court to fight for them

They would joust

even have archery contests

fight hand in hand to the death

Using their evil and good mages to make things interesting

Maybe there should be more than one kingdom in this PK world of yours.

Does not your Community govern its own set of rules?

Forces of good and evil come forward and unite for the day of reckoning is apon us.

OK maybe a bit over the top

What do you want form your new elected King/Queen of the PK server ?

You don’t have to be the strongest player if you have a champion or your own army.

But what do your minions want from you ?

And what will you want from them?

Man I love this shit :)

Have fun guys

Handy

There is already a split community, so to say.

Ok i dont play anymore

But that was part of the problem for me on here no one to fight/pk

Maybe the server needs more than two factions and this would make pking more interesting

At the moment its just Woodehs gang against the rest of the server or atleast have guild wars

There you go the future King could create his own days. PK is law day is you see another player be it friend, ally or enemy then you must fight them. and bring the spoils to your King (he will pay you as he see fit)

Guild wars day hold events and computions to test his minions abilities

If woodeh or segor were to be king would you all follow their rulings or plot to over take their titles

Role play can be fun

Handy

wow nice lewis, good thoughts will think about and post again . At thi spoint i am in complete shoch that you can talk, what you wrote here is 50 times more than you have ever said on serer lol :)

Cool

@handy: I was going to write a long post but then deleted it

right now, there are neutrals, warlords (woodeh's gang) and the alliance (cotm, thor, mad, some others). warlords hunt us, we hunt them. however, so far there hasnt been a big battle, just running around and killing (or trying to). but we try to do it sometimes, we guess where they would be (or see them), and go there all of us. most of the time warlords just flee.

I see enough pk already, bigger groups versus each other would be nice tho.

If a few people (2-5) turn up to gang me don't expect me to simply fight all of you, last few 'battles' I just kill one person and then dis/tele.

tehgiant.jpg

Edit:

Still no to the kings stuff, you can of course do that within your own guilds. Fighting is fun but keep the roleplaying-monsters away from me :)

Edited by ProHibited

wow nice lewis, good thoughts will think about and post again . At thi spoint i am in complete shoch that you can talk, what you wrote here is 50 times more than you have ever said on serer lol :icon13:

Cool

LMAO!!! I am in agreement here LOL I like the idea.. but there has to be more too it than that.. IF we had a bigger community it would be easier to agree.. If there were more people on at one time it would work great but we are spread so thin right now.

OMG you talk!!!

Only one small parenthetical reference the possibility of a queen?

Poor proh is so against any possible discussion of roleplay...I may have to embrace this idea purely for that reason.

First: Of course I talk :) I just have to work a lot so that i mostly play EL while doing other things so it's not easy to have a conversation (longer than a short comment).

Second: I am a little surprised that you guys think I would ask for some roleplaying (in the common rather serious sense)

Consider this: We have a fight 5 vs. 5 on some weekend (I think one of the so called neutrals could join whatever side to even the numbers). And if each group has a leader than the leader (that perhaps had to be protected or something) of the winning team would be the "leader-of-the-team-winning-the-last-team-fight-and-therefore-the-one-who-managed-to-gather-the-strongest-group-of-fighters".

And people go round saying "I am the strongest on server!" (provoking others :closedeyes: ) because they beat XY. But I guess it would be just to much typing to say "I am the leader-of-the-team-winning-the-last-team-fight-and-therefore-the-one-who-managed-to-gather-the-strongest-group-of-fighters." But maybe one could have this shorter like: l.o.t.t.w.t.l.t.f.a.t.t.o.w.m.t.g.t.s.g.o.f. or even shorter: "King" But we could also call him "Jabberwocky" or whatever...

And what that person does is up to him or her :) (It would just be nice to celebrate yourself a little so that the others would really want you not to be king anymore. And hey! who knows what will happen on the side. The situation on PK wont become worse!

That's all ;)

LMFAO!! I love it.. Jaberwocky!!! HAHAHA I vote for that one :closedeyes: I love this idea Lewis I do :) Roleplay or not.. I love it :)

*wow he talks!*

I can't say the idea is good or bad, it will sure be good for some and bad for others.

I would have to join the Indiferent part.

I play to have fun and I already know that this kind of big community groups are too much work and too little fun for the time I play (personal oppinion).

as I see it now:

Guild = Kingdom

Guild master = King/Queen

#rank 1 - 19 = society ranking

#alliance

#enemy

see around

Well, we did just have a battle similar to what you're talking about (and it was a lot of fun). But if that battle were the first, then Segor's giant is now king.

All hail King Segor's Giant of Idaloran!

Edit: I think Segor just claimed he is the king of MAD, which means that I've just abdicated my throne to Felessan the King of Thor.

Does that make me a MAD princess?

Let's battle.

Edited by sywren

right now, there are neutrals, warlords (woodeh's gang) and the alliance (cotm, thor, mad, some others). warlords hunt us, we hunt them. however, so far there hasnt been a big

so basicly every guild on pk server ally every guild out there except for 1 and then complain about not much pk? :D

People just get along after some time and fight each other instead of the PK style every other "main server PKer" wants it to be.

Take MAD for example, we have no alliances at the moment, but we do color tag the guilds and go by the colors, if it is a green tag both players should agree to fight or all items must be returned (even if it is a rosto that is lost).

I only set other guilds as ally when going in an instance or if there is the need to team against invasion mobs such as dragons.

If you want PK main server style, stay on main server you will get disapointed with the PK server.

If you want to PK on the PK server you need to hunt for people across Seridia and Irillion, as even Isla Prima has 2 PK caves.

Only when some kind of event goes on do people gather for pking, usually at votd. You won't see 100 players a day in KF but while on main maybe 20% of the population goes on a PK map every day, on the PK Server 100% of the population goes on them.

Just don't be lazy if you want to PK.

right now, there are neutrals, warlords (woodeh's gang) and the alliance (cotm, thor, mad, some others). warlords hunt us, we hunt them. however, so far there hasnt been a big

so basicly every guild on pk server ally every guild out there except for 1 and then complain about not much pk? :D

no. basically, 1 guild whines that there is no PKing even though they have red tagged every other guild in the game. AND on top of that, when someone fights them and summons something big on them, they diss+tele and still whine that there is no PKing.

so basicly every guild on pk server ally every guild out there except for 1 and then complain about not much pk? :)

no. basically, 1 guild whines that there is no PKing even though they have red tagged every other guild in the game. AND on top of that, when someone fights them and summons something big on them, they diss+tele and still whine that there is no PKing.

Actually Sqwurl, that is exactly what happened.

DHT you hardly ever fight me when I see you, you kinda run away all the time :(

Since you seem to think that we are the ones running and dissing, you probably fight other people all day long... Probably imaginary people.

You used to be much nicer, not talking so much nonsense.. I know loosing a 1 US$ rostogol is tough, but its no reason to suddenly change your personality.

Join 'us' and experience the pk servers full potential!!! (Only if you like red colored tags please...)

DHT:

they diss+tele and still whine that there is no PKing.

Me in previous post:

I see enough pk already, bigger groups versus each other would be nice tho.

I don't pk much, because in most cases, I'm 100% sure I'd lose. just wait till I get higher levels and better build and we'll fight. but I don't whine that there is no PKing going on, do I?

I have no problem with having lots of green tags. I can still attack them if I we decide on having a friendly fight (last time I did that with you, there was santa by your side). I do hunt some people that piss me off, however, and they sometimes run too. I don't see any problem in that. I do lose rostos, and I know I will lose tons of them in the future, so what? there are plenty of them on the server, plus they are pretty cheap. I might not be very nice lately, but I have my own reasons for that.

Any more questions?

so basicly every guild on pk server ally every guild out there except for 1 and then complain about not much pk? :)

So you expect Woodeh to fight; 3 Giants, ~20 Bears, SyAnide, Segor, Kit_gw, Gambit, Hailee, DHT, Grim and countless others, All in CoL, steel/tit sets, Great swords/Halberds the whole biz.

SantaClaus 30s a/d, a Mage. You all had MI - He was rendered useless. Turushu no col, no great sword - a s2e & aug set.

Would you expect Woodeh to not diss? (not my usual flame, but just some common sense. i know i wouldn't stick around to fight 3 giants + 7ppls)

Edited by bigkav

So you expect Woodeh to fight; 3 Giants, ~20 Bears, SyAnide, Segor, Kit_gw, Gambit, Hailee, DHT, Grim and countless others

you put your finger right on it there, its not that they diss+tele as soon as a fight appears, its that the odds are a bit lopsided. I'm not trying to side with Warlords here, I'm just saying it would be nice if there were more veriaty in so far as alliances/guilds.

Now you see there bigkav, with your amazing ability in math, you forget the fact that there can be WoodeH + a shitload of summons AND prohibited/all others in good gear as well on their side. And what's more, most of the people you listed can be taken out by woodeh/prohibited in 2 hits.

I don't see the point in discusing this any further.

Conclusion: stop bitching, get PKing.