Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Gatherer Medallion

Thanks for the new med. :P I just finished the book, made my first 2 and tested it out a bit on some dchim multi and am very impressed. It should prove quite useful and was well worth my 1 invasion token donation.

I hope that you are only using them for invasions, because if you use them for normal stuff the break right might not make it worth it.

I just wanted to test it out w/ multi, but yes, that's the plan.

The harvester meds were like 6K, so how can the seridium bar be 6-7K?
Harvester meds were (past tense) running about 6K up until the most recent change in break rate and other changes (mini-events, etc). They jumped to the 7.5K-8K range and I think have settled down closer to 7.5K (on average, you can find them higher and lower).

Considering that harvester medallions can break in less than 30 minutes, 7.5k is a way too high price.

The real fair price of harvester medallions is ~4.3-4.7k gcs and anything higher than that is a gamble on the buyer's part. There's always a chance it will break in 5 minutes. The decrease in breakage chance of harvester medallions we very negligible.

In real life, market prices are not only affected by the ingredients but also the value of the item.

Why do you think titanium long swords only sell for 800 to 1200gcs and not 8kgcs?

Gatherer medallions on the other hand are very useful in invasions.

The real fair price of harvester medallions is ~4.3-4.7k gcs....

In real life, market prices are not only affected by the ingredients but also the value of the item.

Why do you think titanium long swords only sell for 800 to 1200gcs and not 8kgcs?

Because tit longs get dropped a lot, not made. Ditto GHPs (noone's wasting a binding stone to make one of those).

Harv meds get made, as the only place they drop is in instances and not in quantities that stop the need to make them. And while there's no "rare" ingredients, the time and work involved in making a seridium bar makes it impossible to drop the price even close to your "fair" price.

If you wanna make and sell them at that price, by all means go for it. :P I doubt anyone else will.

Edited by GoodDay2Die

The harvester meds were like 6K, so how can the seridium bar be 6-7K?
Harvester meds were (past tense) running about 6K up until the most recent change in break rate and other changes (mini-events, etc). They jumped to the 7.5K-8K range and I think have settled down closer to 7.5K (on average, you can find them higher and lower).

Considering that harvester medallions can break in less than 30 minutes, 7.5k is a way too high price.

The real fair price of harvester medallions is ~4.3-4.7k gcs and anything higher than that is a gamble on the buyer's part. There's always a chance it will break in 5 minutes. The decrease in breakage chance of harvester medallions we very negligible.

Gatherer medallions on the other hand are very useful in invasions.

In real life the price is established by supply and demand. The time I spend to make 1 harv med vallued in gc, I can tripple buy harving and selling titanium.

In real life the price is established by supply and demand. The time I spend to make 1 harv med vallued in gc, I can tripple buy harving and selling titanium.

In that case, maybe their breakage rate should be reduced. What was the reduction two server updates ago lmao? 0.001%?

I'm not complaining. Selling harvester medallions this month bought me a black dragon suite.

Just thought I would bring this up...

The gatherer medallion makes it easy to confuse an AFK a/d trainer for someone on a macro.

At least one false alarm has occurred so far and so a mod had to determine what the deal was.

I kinda figured it would get abused in that manner and might cause false alarms for mods.

The gatherer medallion makes it easy to confuse an AFK a/d trainer for someone on a macro.

At least one false alarm has occurred so far and so a mod had to determine what the deal was.

I kinda figured it would get abused in that manner and might cause false alarms for mods.

I am not sure I understand.

Uhm... what's so wrong about using the gatherer med while training? I use mine for it, and it makes a/d training a bit less tedious for me. The med has the moonmed stats, has the same breakrate, so basically I could go for a cheap med and work to get the bags, or use a more expensive medallion and have the luxury of the bags going to my inventory without any problem.

I don't see what the problem is about that, let alone why anyone would call it abuse.

Nothing much. Did a #help_me and mentioned a possible macro to a mod lately. It took some time for the mod to find out it was the medallion (or at least it seemed to). I had mentioned that possibility in my #help_me and that I was not sure which the case was. I have turned people in for macros before and they were indeed doing macros. In this case, it was actually the medallion.

Dilly, if you noticed, I said "macro" a few times. Macros are not legal in this game. If you can't tell what is legal and what is illegal, it makes it hard to enforce the rules.

Edited by nathanstenzel

I don't really see how it simplifies rule-breaking, it's just a very useful addition to EL.

If someone did have the audacity to automate training, would it really take that much effort to script picking up a bag vs. wearing a Gatherer Medallion?

Glad someone is looking out tho, I think...

Nothing much. Did a #help_me and mentioned a possible macro to a mod lately. It took some time for the mod to find out it was the medallion (or at least it seemed to). I had mentioned that possibility in my #help_me and that I was not sure which the case was. I have turned people in for macros before and they were indeed doing macros. In this case, it was actually the medallion.

Dilly, if you noticed, I said "macro" a few times. Macros are not legal in this game. If you can't tell what is legal and what is illegal, it makes it hard to enforce the rules.

Well, Nathan, you did mention macro once in your original post, but in my not so humble opinion I think you were just trying to track down a phantom and forgot to consider the fact that some people actually use the stuff that the devs make available for us ingame to their best use. My point, nor this thread are anything to do with macroing.