Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lothlorien*

Rarity suggestion

good idea?  

1. 1. good idea?

• ya
    • nope

ok heres my idea. a fox spawns. in 10 min, it grows to a "teenager" or kit, n another 10 minutes it is an adult, hunting for rabbit but only taking the meat, another 10 minutes, it dies.

this would make a big difference in rarity since each fur stage(baby, Kit, adult) would be of different value. we also need some more predators for animals to make the game more realistic and chalenging.

Two things:

1) To make animals grow, attack each other, and die of old age would involve massive amounts of coding and programming.

2) If at each stage, there was a different type of fur, and if this is implemented for all the animals in the game, you're talking about huge amounts of extra items that may not have any use.

Try thinking of uses for:

Brown Rabbit Kitten Fur

Brown Rabbit Adult Fur

White Rabbit Kitten Fur

White Rabbit Adult Fur

Rat Young Tail

Rat Adult Tail

Beaver (Cub?) Fur

Beaver Adult Fur

Green Snakelet Skin

Green Snake Adult Skin

Fox Kit Fur

Fox Adult Fur

etc., etc., etc.

I know you want to make it more realistic, but a more important question is: Will it be practical?

And we could have male and female animals, and make it so we would only have new animals when an male ahn.... meets an female animal... :shock:

*runs before Ent appears in the forum* :lol:

And yes, I am joking...

Lol..

I Thing is like Lyanna said: It would be realistic, ok... but is a lot of work to smething that would not be practical and would not have any utility, I realy dont think that would be necessary...

I would suggest that the imature animals don't provide the fur and less/no meat. Maybe even less bones.

But, then it would be nice to know before you attack if its mature enough to harvest.

The draw back I see is that noobs on IP would get short changed, maybe have to make sure that rabbits mature quickly. This would cut down on people standing at fox spawns for the hide, but not for the training.

The attack and defense levels of the animal should change with age too. Make younger animals easier to kill but worth less experience and fewer items.

However, it would be nice to be able to tell the age of an animal before attacking it, and that might mean new art work.

The small, medium and large gargoyles are a good example, except they don't grow from one type to the next.

I'd cheat, instead of new artwork, shrink the model slightly in the client. Might look funny when they walk, but it would make it easier to to. Either solution needs a Client upgrade anyways.

I'd cheat, instead of new artwork, shrink the model slightly in the client.

That's a good idea. If the animals aren't too distinctly different at each age then you'd have to stop and think before you attacked.

it would be practical...the kit furs need double to make certain stuff. ants are not!! predators, they are annoying. y would it need a client upgrade? meh. i think this game is basically finished we should make it more real now