Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
conavar

Harvesting

After thinking over the mini harvest events, Imo while it aims to tackles the problem of gold farmers and 100% afk harvesting (which I agree it should), it also hits those that dont gold farm or afk harvest.

So I came up with this random idea , Im sure some will hate it with a passion or think it over balances the game, but feel free to post "constructive critism" :P

1 ) Greatly reduce the mini harv events : Reduce them to maybe a 1/4 of what they are now, keep it low as to not to overly intrude upon those who dont afk, while still keeping it there to affect those that do

2 ) Maybe add a neg mini event : ie lose 1-3 hp etc

3 ) Remove the 120 xp pick limit per hour

4 ) Have the Xp for harv work the same as for a/d : XP can be recieved for the whole hour, but stops after 20-25 picks (But the xp stopping doesnt stop you harvesting), to continue to recieve XP the player has to stop and restart ( ie: the same as flee training for fighters)

If you stop due to a harv event this acts as a flee, so nxt time you start so does the 20-25 xp picks (Edit: The 20-25 picks is a random number so can be changed before ppl say " omg its to low" )

Now if people go harv afk they lose XP, while at the same time rewarding those that dont with extra XP per hour.

Note: XP per harvestable might need to be tweaked if people think to much XP is being made.

or and Im not sure if its possible that after the first 120 XP picks per hour go towards Harv and OA level, the rest of the XP for that hour only goes towards Harv level

Edited by conavar

sounds like a decent trade off , but unfortunately after all the bad responses to the mini harv events I think anyone trying to suggest a change to it now is pi55ing in the wind

and about the harv xp per hour limit , it should be tweaked a little yes because the excuse for having it in game has gone now ( that you can afk harvest and just milk xp from something ) , its not possible to do that anymore so yeh imo it should be tweaked

I like this idea very much.

I think that the number of picks you get xp for could be randomised due to harvesting astrology.

If this suggestion gets implemented I expect the need of tweaking experience rates for all harvestable resources.

I think it negates the purpose of the mini events in the first place.

Gold farmers aren't in it for the experience, they are in it for the product.

For that matter, I think most people who harvest are in it for the product over the experience, so I don't see how this does anything but help the gold farmers again(compared to now, not how it was).

I think it negates the purpose of the mini events in the first place.

Gold farmers aren't in it for the experience, they are in it for the product.

For that matter, I think most people who harvest are in it for the product over the experience, so I don't see how this does anything but help the gold farmers again(compared to now, not how it was).

But how it is now is going to change anyway, since Radu has said he will reduce the chance of mini events ( by how much only he knows)

Imo anyway the best way to stop people afk harving, is not to penalize them to much if they do, but to give them a good incentive not to go afk

Edited by conavar

Imo anyway the best way to stop people afk harving, is not to penalize them to much if they do, but to give them a good incentive not to go afk

The gold farmers could care less about incentives, their goal is to earn $$$ pure and simple, to use for various purposes, some for unrelated to EL stuff, some which totally hurt EL and some which totally bypass rule 5.

I would be surprised if ent had planned to reduce the events anywhere near 3/4 amount.

Also I think harvest experience goes pretty fast and high as it is even with the 120 limit, considering you do no thinking, no playing really, other than a click on the same object. Any more would bloat the o/a levels.

I just wanted to make a new thread and I saw this section

4 ) Have the Xp for harv work the same as for a/d

I agree with this alot

remove 120 limit

game must not be your master of your time

let's say in early stage you gain from flower recommended lvl 0 20exp for lvl 0 harv

with harv lvl 70 , rationality 4 you would gain from that flower around 1 exp per 3,5 collections :P

and that's not so big difference so you would get 1 exp per harv for rec 0

than players wouldn't harvest for harv limit but for what they really need to

let's say a formula

if ((harl)==0) {harl+1};
( . (recl)+(rat) . )*5/(harl) = exp

legend

recl - reommended lvl

harl - harvesting lvl

exp - experience

rat - rationality

. - it's a comment so () are easily readable

please comment on my code

[EDIT]

separated

if ((harl)==0) {harl+1};

from formula

[EDIT2]

recorected formula a bit

Edited by psihokiller4

The gold farmers could care less about incentives, their goal is to earn $$$ pure and simple, to use for various purposes, some for unrelated to EL stuff, some which totally hurt EL and some which totally bypass rule 5...considering you do no thinking, no playing really, other than a click on the same object.

What hurts EL is the impact on gameplay - you'd have to be a very boring person or brain-dead to find that fun, considering players spend the majority of their time harvesting. I could imagine being a newbie and getting sick of flower harvesting after 5 minutes. The devs should be more open to new harvesting ideas, it's a terrible thought as player to think this is how it's going to be forever.

I quit playing so i can blatantly say this without fear of getting banned: I understand the problem with GC farming, but again it's the classic case of punishing everyone for the crimes of a few. And the bitching only came after the punishment. Ask any old player and they would say the game was better a few years ago. The pr0 PKers left because fighting became too hard, now there's a risk of mixers leaving because the game is becoming more tedious, and the game is clearly dying.

Edited by Sonny

Not only gold farmers AFK harvest.

I AFK harvest A LOT when i'm at work or can't do anything else (due to RL/work/...) and later when i have time use the harvested resources to actually do what i like in game (like mixing).

I really could care less if this change would be implemented. It would change nothing from my point of view... If i want harvesting exp, i'll do both daily quests what gives me quite nice amount of harvest exp.

Also @Sonny: i do not play that long, but i don't see mini harvesting events that bad. If you use harvest meds, you don't have to care about mini events ;)

I AM a mixer and i really don't see "the game becoming more tedious"...

Use the harv med and the minis are just floating by and you will stop when you are full or when you get a "real" event.

7.5k for a harv med is a lot for a newbie and harvesting is the only way they can get gc.

Will make many new players leave again.

For me are the mini events ok, use to give 3k-4k extra gold a day with harv med.

But you can easy break 2-3 harv meds same day if you use them on a bad astro day.

Edited by Zamirah

...and harvesting is the only way they can get gc.

Well i always thought that basic alchemy items are the way to earn gc for new players.

At least when i started (it is some time now) i used to make FEs for sale what gave me both exp + gc + some fun alching ...

...and harvesting is the only way they can get gc.

Well i always thought that basic alchemy items are the way to earn gc for new players.

At least when i started (it is some time now) i used to make FEs for sale what gave me both exp + gc + some fun alching ...

To make FE do they need to harvest :unsure:

To make FE do they need to harvest :unsure:

Sure, but i think they don't need to harvest that much i guess :)

Edit: and no need to harvest 10k FE ingreds and just then start mixing ;)

Edited by groomsh

Mini-events can be good for newbs since it helps them get more gc and even get xp after they hit their harvest limit.

The harvest xp formula change suggested by psihokiller4 or any change to the harvest xp formula would be a bad thing in my oppinion. If using his formula change, you didn't get much xp because the item that you usually harvest is not very complicated then alot of people would never get to the point where they can harvest the harder items. Also, decreasing harvesting xp would damage the point of rationality that is already considered a waste by a number of fighters.

A newb does not need to harvest to make FE if he can buy the ingreds or trade something for them or get someone to Trust them to hand them FE ingreds for finished FE in return. Of course, due to a number of scammer newbs/newb-alts, Trust can be a little harder to come by now.

Mini-events can be good for newbs since it helps them get more gc and even get xp after they hit their harvest limit.

The harvest xp formula change suggested by psihokiller4 or any change to the harvest xp formula would be a bad thing in my oppinion. If using his formula change, you didn't get much xp because the item that you usually harvest is not very complicated then alot of people would never get to the point where they can harvest the harder items. Also, decreasing harvesting xp would damage the point of rationality that is already considered a waste by a number of fighters.

A newb does not need to harvest to make FE if he can buy the ingreds or trade something for them or get someone to Trust them to hand them FE ingreds for finished FE in return. Of course, due to a number of scammer newbs/newb-alts, Trust can be a little harder to come by now.

thanks for answer I thought I was completely ignored (not even read)