Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 'trailer' movie needed (with contest)

I know there are a few messed up parts... I need to make the text more clear, and add more of the skills at the end (I forgot a few... :) ) I'll post later when I've fixed it... ^^'

I like the camera moves in first person, looks smooth when there's a transition.

Although, I found it not appropriated by times, because it 'zooms' too much, and we can't really have a global view of what's going on.

OK, I found time to do one:

There's still a few things I'd like to touch up, but let me know what you all think :)

Haha. Nice flaming man at the end.

It was a little laggy in a few sections.

Airakose: I agree about what others said about the scenes, also you should show the whole interface in the trailer so people can see what the game screen looks like. The text definitely make clearer, and the logo at the end too..use the official colors.

Adhikari: Not bad either, but please use official maps(like in your minimaps! :)) and also don't put the mini map/inv windows off to the side so that they're chopped off like that, it just looks strange and confusing...in fact it looks like you chopped off the whole right side of the interface? Put it back in there so people can see the whole thing.

I really like the wide-angle landscape scenes of the different maps, that gives viewers a good idea of what hte game looks like in some nice places :pickaxe:

I hope you guys post more! ;)

We were waiting for the couple people who said they had one in the works....is anyone still working on anything? If not we'll wait a couple more days for a reply then close it :P

I'm still working on an updated video, need some PVP'ing recorded really, and was hoping for a no drops day/invasion for some more creature fighting shots.

I'm on holiday in a week, so if I have 2 more weeks, tops, it'll be ready.

Hope that's not to long Roja

We were waiting for the couple people who said they had one in the works....is anyone still working on anything? If not we'll wait a couple more days for a reply then close it :pickaxe:

Still trying to finalize it; we have got most of the fragments in place, just trying to have a "different" montage... Unfortunately our Director has been busy with kids catching all kinds of kindergarten-diseases lately... :P

I'm sorry for being so slow... Alot of school projects... We're building a trebuchet for Physics! ^^ w00. Simple lever turned into a castle crushing monster..

Anyways, I'm still working on my video... idk when I'll have a chance to really get something done with it.. But at the end of the school year, every teacher has the same incorrect idea: that no one else will be giving homework or projects... So fun trying to balance trebuchet building, a website, a research paper on Shakespeare, a world history project, homework, and more.... :icon13::medieval:

Ok well we'll give everyone until May 31st-then we'll choose a winner :)

Thanks a lot for the extension! Now, we have to submit an entry which is worth the extra wait... :icon13:

... and here is the promised submission: our EL Trailer. This is a low-res version, suitable to be put online; the full-res version is 768x576 (PAL), but could be rendered at different resolutions if needed. If you want to examine the high-res version, just let me know and I will try to put it online somewhere.

Of course, any advice, suggestion, idea, correction you might have is very welcome!

My personal thanks to BoH and to the other >FA< members who helped with putting together the footage! :P

Edited by Usl

Nice to see more people posting :P

Usl:

some of the text you guys used doesn't work well:

grow up - "level up" would be more appropriate

alchemic substances - I'd just say "alchemy"

change outfits - "make clothes" would sound better

trade & make friends - combining trade & make here sounds like you also trade friends in addition to making them :rolleyes: Should be trade with to be proper but obviously that's too long so i'd just drop the trade &

Also the last part with "aquire knowledge" is rather abrupt right at the end and not very interesting, i'd just drop it if it were me.

Adhikari:

The text with the white line around it isn't working well. Try making the text white or an off white color like what's in the logo with a dark brown stroke- make sure the stroke is set to go BEHIND the text, not centered or in front, and also give it a drop shadow of the same color as the stroke or black.

I like the music you picked out.

Usl:

some of the text you guys used doesn't work well:

grow up - "level up" would be more appropriate

alchemic substances - I'd just say "alchemy"

change outfits - "make clothes" would sound better

trade & make friends - combining trade & make here sounds like you also trade friends in addition to making them :D Should be trade with to be proper but obviously that's too long so i'd just drop the trade &

Also the last part with "aquire knowledge" is rather abrupt right at the end and not very interesting, i'd just drop it if it were me.

And here is an updated version of the previous entry, following advice we got from Roja and others. Hope the results show some improvement, I had to trade a friend for a director in order to have everything re-rendered... :P

You can watch the video at this direct link (in medium quality), or from

(in low quality).

The full-res version is some 210Mb, not very practical for online viewing, but available if there is a need to produce versions in different formats etc.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the response Roja.

I've played around with the type, but can't seem to do what you requested, or I don't know how :P

I'm using imovie and it doesn't have great text editing options (I'm learning as I go here too).

The only way I could do it is if I could download a typeface file of the official EL typeface for my mac and use it once its installed. I've looked for this but can't find it.

Anywayz, I'm changing the text a little and will get an updated version by the 31st

Cheers

Adhi

OK. Will do :)

Edited by Adhikari

The typeface/font you have is just fine..you just need to make it stand out more by using the color scheme I suggested or something else that stands out :)

... and here is the promised submission: our EL Trailer. This is a low-res version, suitable to be put online; the full-res version is 768x576 (PAL), but could be rendered at different resolutions if needed. If you want to examine the high-res version, just let me know and I will try to put it online somewhere.

Of course, any advice, suggestion, idea, correction you might have is very welcome!

My personal thanks to BoH and to the other >FA< members who helped with putting together the footage! :inquisitive:

LOVE the intro, awesome.

I would change the text "clothes" to "Make clothes" (or clothing).

I think it's a great video but i'm not keen on the music, it sounds too heavy metal for the theme.

OK. I've changed the text a little, should be more readable now I hope. Enjoy B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhTT7M63clM

Nice video.

My only complaint is EL is not just a land of desert and ice...I would rather see less desert time and add mountains, forests, and jungles too B)

My only complaint is EL is not just a land of desert and ice...I would rather see less desert time and add mountains, forests, and jungles too

I know, I would of liked to add more in, but a minutes not long & i've been busy in RL :'(

I also wanted a good contrast between land, and desert and ice are quite different B)

I might add some jungle in later, though it'll be to late for the competition. Thnx for the feedback though :inquisitive:

I've changed the text around, again B) as Roja asked me to

Here's the link to the latest version:

Edited by Adhikari

hi i cant see anywhere where someone has pointed this out but :

on DaKiss video there is a spelling mistake where it says '' defeat your enemies to prove your strengh'' obviously needs a T putting in there :pirate:

sorry to be a pain in the ass if you allready saw this :icon13:

but the one linked to has spelling mistake

And the winner is.....

DaKiss!

(contact Radu in game for your prize)

Thanks to all of you guys for entering and we're actually going to put all your videos on the website :pirate:

You all did a great job!

P.S. Thanks Ateh for noticing that!

Havnt played with video capture since i got my first ever pc but as that was only 3 weeks ago *cough* ill give it a go.

Cant say it will be anywhere near good, but whats the worst that can happen :pickaxe:

I found a program that allows to make a video !! and its free :)

But i believe you need a really fast computer. I was playing with Windows Media Encoder a few days ago because i had some videos that had no index, so i couldnt control the time. So I was looking for some information how to fix this error and the only reasonable answer which i could find was to re-encode it. I didnt even know that such a program for windows exists. I found out that it allows also to capture a window or defined frame on your computer screen. You can download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS/WINDOWSME...ER/DEFAULT.MSPX

Even if you havent done something like this before, you can learn how the procress of video encoding works. So if you are a computer nerd and you have windows- try it out :bow_arrow: