Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 'trailer' movie needed (with contest)

There's no problem with names being shown-that's just fine because they do appear in game :brooding:

Yes it is boring to show the manu screen doing the different skills, but showing the results for a few of them would be nice as people said-show a couple quick flashes of the different clothes in nice environment locations perhaps. For potioning you can be in a potion school so the environment matches.

One more thing, for the dragon scene-it's a little too long. Cutting it before he dies would look better i think.

Hello,

A tip about what kind of music you can use:

Public Domain: If an artist doesn't like to keep the copyright about the music then you can use the material and you don't need to credit

the artist. You can use it for free without any worries. Some artwork is also automatically becoming public domain - but it depends also on

the residence of the artist.

For example in Europe it means you have to wait 70 years after death of the artist to can use some material as

public domain (the problem is if the artist sold its rights to someone else - then it can take forever). So be careful about using some old

music as it is not always public domain.

I doubt Beethoven sold his rights :brooding: and various artists without CC can be found that are playing some classics.

All right, I have my entry for the contest.

Very nice, only a bit dark in the beggining :D

This one i think is the best, because it shows every part of the game, all skills :)!

Eternal Lands Trailer #2

This is only an opinion of a n00b :brooding:

Okay, second attempt at trailer, while keeping all your feedback in mind :brooding:

You got my vote! Nice shoots, very good background music! Think about fighting scenes only, better record some pvp (more armors, weapons, magic) and put only one mob fight (dragon for example).

Edited by Devnul

I wanted to give it a go, I've downloaded the programs I need onto my mac, but don't think I've got time right now.

Training to be a teacher is hard work :/

I might just submit one in a couple of months when I'm on holiday and have time.

Take the vote, there's some good stuff been done :)

Well done to all!

Hi,

If I had to vote ... this would be my favorite, love the music.

Second for me would be

, good music too.

Mix these 2 and you got the perfect trailer I guess. :)

BethAhabah

I don't vote yet cos I don't see these videos to be perfect for a trailer. I would create one myself, but I don't have good enough hardware nor software.

I don't think it's up for a vote to pick the winner.

Probably ent and roja will choose what fits what they want to promote in EL, which is the best quality, and pick one if any fit all of their requirements.

o/ I'm going to enter one (The vid earlier was to clarify what can be done in it ^^')... I'm half way through...

I'm working on the second draft. It is going to take me a while to finish reshooting all the fight scenes, but I'll post as soon as it's ready.

We are also working on another video, had some problem transferring back and forth large volumes of raw video data over the Internet, but hopefully we will have a complete entry soon.

I'm trying to find time to edit all the clips I've gathered now, is there a place I could get a high res version of the logo and the official EL font?

Cheers

(PS I've looked, though I might be a bit slow :P )

Here's my second (and probably final) release, just a few minors changes here

I'll give only the HD link, let it load, it may be long but it's awesome quality :P

*HD Streaming @ Youtube (6Mbps):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAwC3yc78zw...page&fmt=22

*HD Download @ Megaupload:

(Enter the 3 letters+1 key code click download, wait 45 seconds and choose regular download)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMQB35HM

*Normal quality Download @ Rapidshare:

(Thanks much to anynomous for .avi converting)

http://rapidshare.com/files/228403785/el2_converted.avi

Video informations:

- Size: 1280x720 (Widescreen)

- Video codec: WMV9 6Mbps/.avi

- Audio codec: MP3 192kbs

- Framerate: 30 FPS

- Lenght: 0:50

- Weight: 38.82Mo HD/22Mo .avi

Softwares used:

- FRAPS full version (ingame recording)

- Sony Vegas (resizing/color correction/effects/transitions/masking/rendering/etc)

- Adobe After Effects (some colors effects/masking)

Changes list from version 1:

- 2 first person views were changed

- Texts were reduced/displaced

- Harvesting sequence and names of skills added

- Added a fight part, reduced dragon part

- End part was changed to EL official text/logo/website

Thanks to all who appeared in the video, those who supported me and made this possible :)

Good luck to all participants, there's nice stuff in here ^^

~DAKiSS

Edited by DaKiSS

Nice job Dakiss! I love the flash of lightning you got in the 2nd scene, and the text does look a lot better now :P

I know there are a few messed up parts... I need to make the text more clear, and add more of the skills at the end (I forgot a few... :P ) I'll post later when I've fixed it... ^^'

I know there are a few messed up parts... I need to make the text more clear, and add more of the skills at the end (I forgot a few... :P ) I'll post later when I've fixed it... ^^'

It's not bad but there are some parts where the camera is to close in to everything (like the people sitting at storage) and you can't really make them out.

Great first video though, can't wait to see the updated one :o

Some scenes, mostly at the beginning, are too short for my taste. The next scene starts already and you havent got a chance to find out what the scene before was showing. A player with armor, then another player with nightvisor, hu? Thats more confusing than helping, i fear.

Yes, the text is unreadable, fixing that would help a lot.

Showing more skills, well, the only skill being worth to be in your video would be ranging IMO. Showing any/more skills using the mix window like alchemy, tailoring, manufacturing or even harvesting wouldnt be very entertaining.

Besides that, its looking very nice IMO, hope to see your updated version soon :P

Piper

Edit:

It's not bad but there are some parts where the camera is to close in to everything (like the people sitting at storage) and you can't really make them out.

Yeah, that too, those "too close" scenes might look nice, but they aren't really informative IMO. Maybe just get rid of them.

Edited by The_Piper