Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 'trailer' movie needed (with contest)

Okay, second attempt at trailer, while keeping all your feedback in mind :)

Nice job Nivek10, I need to listen to the music as well since

I'm only able to see video on this computer at the moment.

I will check it out at my house computer.

---

That being said, I'll take a shot when I get a chance but

seeing as I haven't played in 2 weeks this contest might

be over before I'm done. :)

Keep it up. :P

I'll be done soon here ^^ just need a few more sequences and I'll release it.

-> Nivek: This new one is best ofc, but imo some parts are still a little dark. I like the fluidity and the music flow.

This is an updated version from the link posted on channel 6. I have fixed the timing of the beat at the end.

I am currently working on changing the DP storage scene.

The next version will also fix the typo in the website address.

Edited by sywren

cape at 0:22 and 0:28 (mirror capes) are altered. Dont think anything 'unofficial' should be in the el trailer

Also i think the BP from 0:25 is altered aswell^^

Edited by Soul

bit of advice (dunno if it helps any, but oh well ^^)

ask around for help to get some cool scenes, maybe one of the devs can provide a top lvl summoner with dragon ingreds to summon a dragon for a scene?

maybe we can hold a quick KF contest for a big pk scene

mod could help with making an invasion dragon on a spot where a couple of rangers can shoot it

for magic you could show you casting spells on someone else

just get multiple people in a scene demonstrating a skill, to show interaction between players, its an MMORPG after all ^^

Nice job, yeah deffinatly shouldnt have any custom clothes in it imo.

Just regular client stuff same with maps etc.

Bit more of the skills other than fighting would be nice as well, some summoning, even harvesting (even if its just a bag of gold found the effects are nice)

Not bad sywren! Definetly get rid of the scenes with the custom clothes as others said...the scene with the portals room looks a bit choppy/laggy? Is it because you got low fps there? It'd be better if it would be smoother, otherwise I think cut that one out too.

The one manu screen with the skunk hat could be done in a nicer looking location instead of inside and seeing the blackness beyond :whistle:

I like the horse scene but it would be better if it wasn't a top down view as you only see snow tiles, instead show some of the landscape.

Also I think some text might be nice to tell of the different skills/scenes..a littl emore of what's going on. You can possibly just make the text show on the bottom of the screen briefly and don't have to go into a separate "text screen" like Nivek did. Try and see what works.

Oh another thing is, use the official font/text for the end logo scene, and don't put it over the logo, put it under. it's in the gallery here.

We definitely can do something over on the test server..or main perhaps for somethings, so you guys can get some more unique scenes/items. Send me a pm in the game if you want some items on the test server and i'll see what I can do.

Not bad videos :whistle:

One suggestion. Instead of showing the skills in progress, since they dont really show up that well... maybe have a caption of what you can do and then show the end product ?

Ie: " Become a Tailor" and show someone in tailored items

Heh, that whole post deletion without an explanation thing is frustrating.

@sywren: I like how you used the first person mode to capture a PK scene, but the camera seems a bit... shakey. Lagg also seems to be a bit of an issue on your video, as some of it looks a little jerky.

I love what you've done at 0:30 (though the "You have died...!" message is half cut out), and 0:34 (though maybe you could include some nice water effects? maybe show the horse riding along/parallel to a river?), 0:37 scene is flawless, and I like the final EL logo (and how the music syncs with it).

If anything, I'd like to see 0:37 and the EL logo included in a video, they were very well done.

Heh, that whole post deletion without an explanation thing is frustrating.

I'm not the one who deleted it but if i had to guess, it was because you didn't 1. read the rules in the first post and 2. follow one of them.

That's kinda frustrating too. :)

Ok i'm almost done here (let's say 99.9% :)) and I need a last sequence - I planned it to be a fighter vs. dragon

So if anybody wanna hunt teh dragon, plz contact me ^^

Normal quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GheN2a6mig...re=channel_page

HD quality (let it load before playing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GheN2a6mig...page&fmt=22

Eternal Lands Trailer

This video was made for a video contest, which consists in creating a trailer for this free MMORPG

Huge thanks to Dushan for the dragon fight :)

Please watch in HD

Video infos:

1280x720

30fps rendering

I wanted to create a trailer based on beat & music flow

Concerning the music, i don't know the original name, it was a remix from a musician friend (as i asked him an epic/medieval intense soundtrack) and i mixed it fit with good lenght and video parts.

pr0.

just a few places bother me :) the ending, it should contain EL logo; too many PKing scenes (IMHO), and character names could be removed too. just my 2 cents, but all in all, looks the best so far :D

@ sywren: great variety of shots, and i loved the horse scene. I do agree though that it appears jerky and laggy in parts which really distracts.

@dakiss: great overall but you need more variety of what we do in EL.

The speeded up FPS view is awesome, looks very professional.

The only thing I don't like is the music climax at the end, but nothing happening. Having a dragon or equally impressive creature charge from the side of the screen would fit well.

Wow, really nice stuff!

DaKiss, I think you want "mighty" not mightful...not a word as far as I know. Loved the effect of fading into the cape near the end, really nice.

Dakiss: nice and I like seeing the HD version :(

Here are my thoughts on it:

-I think the beginning scenes showing the maps sped up like that is really a good idea, but use some better looking maps(not your fault but honeslty they're not all great looking..will be fixed up in the future). The first desert scene is great, 2nd should be replaced, 3rd-nice to have a night time scene-but showing the stars/moon will make it look nicer.

-Next text scene with all the skills being scattered really doesn't work..you can't read any of them at all. What I would do is after the black text screen"experience multiple skils..." show a brief scene of each(or the major) skills with the skill name given on the bottom

-Next problem is when you have the text showing up on top of the middle of the scene..we can't see what's going on, so place it on the bottom or somewhere out of the way.

-unofficial minimap :P

-definetly needs the logo in there at the end..and although i do like that green graphic at the end a lot, it just doesn't fit in with EL really.

Overall great work so far guys..keep at it! :)

Nice videos :)

My comments:

Don't make it too dark, don't make it too boring, yes, its a problem to show all skills. Using the mix window is not really entertaining and does not really explain a skill in game.

I wonder, when someone is willing to make a video about someone reading a book in a fast reading place :P

I dont think, that any video has too much PK content, PK shows some actions, armor, weapons, eye candy for magic and so on.

Maybe show some more beautiful places of the world, Palon Vertas for example has some nice spots which might be worth to be in a video.

About the music:

Nobody uses Camina Burana or at least some Beethoven music, like Eroica, Symphony #3? At least, there should be some copyright free recordings of Beethoven available on the web (Well, not original Beethoven, of course :()

Just my thoughts, keep up the good work, ppl, i wanna see more!

Piper

Nobody uses Camina Burana or at least some Beethoven music, like Eroica, Symphony #3? At least, there should be some copyright free recordings of Beethoven available on the web (Well, not original Beethoven, of course :P)

Just my thoughts, keep up the good work, ppl, i wanna see more!

Piper

They are not copyright free, they belong to whoever is playing them.

pr0 vid, i like the part that i am tanking squwrl sirrich and blake ^^

The bit with ATA trying to therm serp me while i'm in IDA is pr0 too xD

Ty for your advises, i'll modify some points (texts, name of each skill, EL logo, First person view @ the beginning).

Though, i'd like to everebody understand this is a short trailer, and it shows essential of EL (maybe some missing points) -still IMHO :brooding:- and showing each sequence of someone potioning/manuing/crafting/alching/engineering is exactly the same: sit & mix for someone who doesn't know the game. Still, i can show the final result as it has been said but here again, a short sequence with 'tailoring' and someone wearing clothes is very abstract for a newbie. That's why i don't wanna modify it this way.

And finally just a quick answer concerning names, i wanted to keep them in dragon/pk sequences because i think this is respect to those who appeared in it, even if names are mostly hidden by color correction.

The thing is that in EL you must record everything with an external software, and if a detail you didn't see was taken in sequence, you cannot really take it out (ie minimap/chat)

Concerning edit:

I'm recording ingame @ 30FPS+ (1600x1200) with FRAPS, then rendering with Sony Vegas (which is my editing software) @ 1280x720 @ 30FPS. The video is rendered with the best quality/weight ratio i found for youtube, but still including HD version, which is WMV9 5Mbits.

Editing in Vegas include color correction, transitions, masks, effects, HUD crop etc.

Any other feedback is welcome, glad to see my work is enjoyed :)

Edited by DaKiSS