Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 'trailer' movie needed (with contest)

Having a character first fighting a rabbit with no armor, next a wolf with cheap leather armour, all the way up to dragons/other people in full Ti/dragon armour in quick succession could be a flashy way of showing off the fighting skills. Sort of a super quick timeline of a combat characters life.

Before you tell me to shut up and try and make a vid myself, I don't have the resources. :)

I might take a stab at this few questions tho:

Do you have a HD version of the EL logo for use? and EL font type? keeps it consistent with game if any text used.

Max res on HD? I can go pretty big but don't want to go over board I can also size and do say 3 diff res. if wanted. Like Download res, you tube res. etc.

Also most previous video I have is of my character (Elf..) Is there anyone willing to get some video of P2P races etc. to show them doing some of these activities? It would have to match initial res. or it would look like crappy compression.

Any words for catch phrases you want in video for advertising purposes? or just K.I.S.S.?

Anyways sounds fun. doing some basic storyboards for a good progression :happy:

Also most previous video I have is of my character (Elf..) Is there anyone willing to get some video of P2P races etc. to show them doing some of these activities? It would have to match initial res. or it would look like crappy compression.

It would be really nice if those who have the capability could make some videos downloadable and usable. I keep thinking the same thing. If I start making this, there will be a lot of shots of white-haired elf.

So... something along the lines of this type of editing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfjDLUo2yXw (Of course, without my name anywhere in the video :))

I thought the music used was too overpowering. I did like that shot you did with the skelly though, that was cute. I also agree, each scene flashed by too quickly.

If you're going to use music I think we should stick to music from the game..so please pm me if you're working on this and i'll send you the links if you don't have the music pack :)

All right, I have my entry for the contest.

wow! I really like this. The ranging shots were pr0!

I would say it would be nice to show some PKing in the video.

very nice work, nivek! I might say that some scenes are a bit too long, but that's plainly my own opinion ;)

I would definitely try to make a trailer if I had the resources...

I'll give it a try.

I have enough knowledge in video editing but the right part is creativity/scenes choice.

For rendering i'd advise to use a 16:9 ratio, not too high resolution (1280x720 is pretty good). As it's a 1min trailer, quality needs to be the best as possible, showing eye candy, reflections, etc...

I did notice after watching it on various screens after making it that it is very dark in some places. I will make another one and try to lighten it up, and also add some PK and fighting in.

~Edit: The music came from the second half of the "battle song" I found in the EL music directory.

Edited by nivek10

nivek thats a really good video especially the music , very dramatic

Nivek: that's not bad! but here are a few things:

1. the fade in/out black parts last way too long.

2. text parts last a little bit too long as well.

3. the same scenes last too long-get right to the point quicker like with the magic one, for example, just show the FX part instead of a few seconds of the character sitting and nothing else. You could put a lot more different scenes in the same amount of time. Don't show the same scene twice(like the friends part which faded out then back into a different angle of the same scene)

4. Vary the outfit you're wearing ;)

Nivieks was very good, but maybe you could flash through the skills scenes a little faster (and/or include more of them, mainly fighting)

much better ;) i really enjoyed the orc fighting scene :P however, the scenes with text on it ("skills to be leveled" etc) could use another fond and backgroud. I suggest making the text pop in front of the video for about 1-2 seconds, might bring some emotional impact to the viewer. (sorry if I can't make myself clear enough, english is not my native language)

Pretty nice ;)

1. I think one of those skills was summoning but the scene cut out before the particle effect wore away and I couldn't see the creature you summoned.

2. Too much white clothing, and the grey robe set looks too drab, possibly equip some fancy sparkly swords and armour too

3. Maybe put a mix window or inventory window showing the items used and the finished product popping in it for one of the skills scenes.

4. The friends scene still looks too dark, maybe reshoot that in daytime hours.

Yes that's better Nivek ;)

The night scenes are indeed too dark, just cut them all out, except maybe one or 2 where you can see the moon and stars..that might be nice integrated somehow, perhaps with a campfire around with friends at beam?(the 2nd friends scene in the dark doesn't work so try to reshoot that one if you can).

Also the first scene when you zoom in on your char needs to be shorter-it's too long looking at the char. Also maybe something more interesting for the opening scene..i'm not sure what atm to give a suggestion though.

For summoning, try to vary it up..not just some snakes-plus they are small on the ground and can't see them very well. Try a few different monsters, and show the summoning effects for one too.

After you get the scenes down good I'll help out with the text/extra graphics.

Very good nivek, but I think that text parts are still a wee bit long. I would make them faster, just glimpses, myself ;) Otherwise, very good and gratz on the stone :P

the second vid is really nice,but I liked the ranging part in the first one more than this short version...

and yes,the text and friends parts are too long

I'd add some vids where you walk (maybe efore you kill something or when you 'explore' or run away from something)

but both these are cool