Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dchels

Mini Harvest events medallion

Hi all,

Had a search for similar post couldnt find any so decided to post.

Iv'e only been playing EL for a little over 2 years now, yes a noob to some players but i have really enjoyed the game over this period and would say im some what addicted to it. I have seen a lot of changes over this time, alot i have been happy with as they have broadened the game giving new skills etc, some i thought was pointless like gc sinks (tailoring), but it has been my option to level in these skills if i want. I honestly believe that all the changes were done by Radu in an attempt to improve the game and keep his income rolling in. An just right too.

I was a little shocked to hear Radu saying he would sell the game and move on to other things. I think if Radu sells, the game we all have played for so long will fall of the radar and in a short period of time and everyone would have to move to another one. I certainly dont want that, i would much rather see Radu succeed and stay arround, he knows his game best.

Ok, there has been some serious changes with the introduction of the mini harvest events, i spent yesterday harving and mixing all day to give it a chance and found its not all that bad, annoying at times but to harv a full emu doesnt take all that much longer as long as your paying attention; which i feel is the reason it was introduced.

The suggestion im making is to compliment the mini harvest events and hopefully bring in revenue for Radu.(i want him to stay)

Make a shop sell item only for a mini harvester events medallion.

This could be for a few dollars and gives the x10 bonus for the couple of gc you find and for the small extra exp you are given. They would not be unbreakable of course or that would defeat the object of creating revinue for Radu.

I think to make it work there is a few way to best go about it, but im sure the game experts would no the best remedy.

1. Buy one from the shop and have it last for a full 24 hour period, or a week, or a month. See how they sell adjust accordingly.

2. Have them breakable in game with a special harv event, would need to be low, ppl will want something for their rl money or they wont sell. Make them worth buying and they will sell.

3. Have them degradable, let normal harv events damage them as they would break the current harv med, but instead of one strike and your out, give them a few hits, say 3, 5, or 10, again make them worthwhile.

I feel if they were a sucess people would like rostos buy from shop in bulk and sell them in game for those who cant afford the rl dollars to spend at the shop.

Thats my 2 cents worth, hopefully it would bring in money for the owners and also keep the harvers happier with the mini events.

Davy

Guys, players, mods a bit of feed back would be nice. Im a bit undecided, its had a few views but no comments. Put your thoughts to the test.

Davy

At last. I've been waiting for someone to come up with this one for some time now. Now...lets see how popular the idea is with the community in general as well as Radu and we will see if we have a winner.

Have to say though, as a basic idea, its pure genius. No really. I am serious, I like it.

You could even have the meds in category format, such as an Ore med, Flower med, Mineral med, so that specific harvesters can pick and choose which they wish to buy. Potioners wouldnt need an Ore med etc etc.

Then theres the price side that can be scaled, along with the duration of usage. $1 for a 15 minute guarateed no mini event medallion or 10$ for a full game-day. $100 for a month. etc etc. All sorts of possibilities with this one.

If only someone had thought of this sooner.

Then theres the price side that can be scaled, along with the duration of usage. $1 for a 15 minute guarateed no mini event medallion or 10$ for a full game-day. $100 for a month. etc etc. All sorts of possibilities with this one.

If only someone had thought of this sooner.

Hmmm I dont think the suggestion stops you getting the mini events Pye, the medallion just increases the xp/gc got from them by 10 (as a normal medallion does now on normal events)

Allow a little artistic licence conavar, I been waiting long enough for the idea in general to be thought up already. And its close enough.

I don't like this idea, to be honest. A bit too close to buying experience with dollars.

If anything, Pyewacket suggestion sounds better. The proposed prices, though, are a bit off.

Rotfl, what next? Super enchanced pickaxe (50$) - 5x more ore; magic inventory stone (100$) - +10000 emu; ...; or for only 5000$ You can have max level in skills/nexuses/atributes. For unlimited time, all stats max, only 5000$ !!! Special discount for players with oa over 100!!! Only 4000$. Buy NOW!!!

Rotfl, what next? Super enchanced pickaxe (50$) - 5x more ore; magic inventory stone (100$) - +10000 emu; ...; or for only 5000$ You can have max level in skills/nexuses/atributes. For unlimited time, all stats max, only 5000$ !!! Special discount for players with oa over 100!!! Only 4000$. Buy NOW!!!

I take my hat off to you, first time I have come across overly constructive criticism in so short a post. Nice work :)

Some talk of paying for experience, in a nutshell yes i suppose there is an element of that, however the amount of extra experience gained by this is not going to make No1 harvesters overnight. Possibly a few thousand more exp per hour which you can easily double with the inuse harvester med at the moment. To be honest who cares about being the No1 harvester anyway, i harvest to get ings for supply's only.

This post wasnt about paying for experience it is there to compliment the mini events that was introduced, to hopefully stop the amount of people whinging and whining about it something back, and to create more revinue for the owner.

If this item took of well people would buy them bulk from the shop and sell them ingame, so everyone would have the same advantage.

Alot of people has agreed with the idea of "gold membership" like wise to which is again paying for extra benifits, this is similar, your paying for an extra benifit but it can be available for all.

IMO most people who would be against this is fighters or PKers only who dont harvest anyway and would feel aggrieved about people getting a liitle extra that they cant be arsed doing; what is they want double gc drops from monsters.

Regards Davy

I'm not sure what to think, if this is serious or supposed to be sarcastic. Well I *think* the suggestion is real enough, but I really am at a loss to pyewacket's responses and do seriously consider that my sarcasm radar is on the blink.

I don't care for the suggestion, I don't think it will help anything and I for one would have no interest in it, sounds like a waste of money to me.

And as to pyewacket, if this was the genius solution to all our issues that you knew existed and were waiting for, why didn't you post it yourself?

I also don't get your "contest" or the purpose of it, or what good it will do anybody...especially if this is what you are looking for...

:icon4::confused: :confused:

I knew a solution must exist that covered the points/problems or would be thought up at some point, one which would promote shop sales as well as make as many people happy as possible, I just figured it was a matter of time before someone thought it up. So I tried encouraging it a little by setting the challenge.

If however it doesnt make people happy or wouldnt improve shop sales, then I guess theres still no winner :)