Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Deodand

Some hopefully constructive thoughts and suggestions

But I'll try to answer your questions anyway. You see, you're kind of mixing apple and oranges here, because A) the mixers' problems (= prices below the cost of ingredients) are due the the game economy, while B ) the fighters' problems (= no self-sustainability through training drops) are due to the game mechanics.

the game mechanics ? this is where we disagree because does the game mechanically make someone walk to the wraith and take HOS perk ? no it doesnt

"The game mechanics" means "no self-sustainability through training drops", was right there for you to read. Of course feel free to build a straw man argument depicting the extreme case of people taking any imaginable negative perk, I'm not going to follow through though. Enough already.

Rehdon

my straw man point about the neg perks is based upon reading the other ''more GC drops from monsters'' thread recently made, which by the way if im not mistaken actually got an update which included more GC from monsters ! surprise surprise !

so in that thread you actually have a high lvl fighter/pkr stating he ''needs'' to take those neg perks , in order to ''train'' at his levels, which means he cant do the other skills, but they dont want to anyway because they want to make EL into a game where taking every negative perk has no negative effect on how difficult it is for them to make GC for thier character - THATS THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF IT

its ''right there'' also, in the other recent thread

but its just not good enough is it ? a recent update included increased GC drops and here in yet another thread we have the same people coming in asking for more ! you couldnt make it up if you tried !

and Chron I havent changed my view on the little bags of make believe stuff its just I dont see why these days having a high a/d means you have some sort of automatic right to know whats best for the game , its freakin hilarious to read and comes thick and fast !

But obviously, yet again ive completely missed the whole point of this, which is that fighters/Pkrs are feeling very charitable lately and wish to be able to give away more of thier GCs to the bitching mixers , how very noble !

@HeLLRaiZeR

lol, i cant believe you're still trying to justify the idea of enforcing equipment drops in PK, in a game such as EL with it's huge equipment costs and low gc gain rate.

@Ateh

hows about you refrain from your snide little comments implying myself and other's claims about the attrib(pp) requirements of MCW or Yeti are false, until you have some first hand experience as a trainer of one of these creatures.

atm, you may as well be yapping on about rocket science.

have an NCP give out free armor and weapons , free Diss Rings, Free HE , free everything for PKers

PKers should not be expected to earn thier GC like everyone else, for fucks sake Radu what are you trying to make them do ? Play the damn game ?

Its disgusting and needs changing right away before they have to stop training for 2 hours to make thier own HE , oh wait hang on ! they cant make thier own HE because they dont have inorganic nexus 2 to mine silver , and they have HOS perk to so harvesting thier own st00f is pretty much out of the question

Jeez will you just make a/d the only skill in the game where fucking up your characters ability to supply itself is rewarded with greater amounts of GC from the only skill they have forced themselves into , its really not hard to see the logic here you know !!

You misspelled their, sir. *good to see ya around.* I like the free st00f idea. I'm training my a/d to TRY and break 100. I'm at 82 3/5 right now on Def.

You know, if u guys stopped trying to use the problems of other skills as a justification for your arguments about PK'ers, and stopped being so bias towards your play style, and actually suggested something with thought put into it and consideration for the bigger picture such as removing those neg perks and lowering the attribs of those high level monsters to compensate, i'd probably support it.

pl0x stop rambling on making fools of yourselves and start looking at more than your little ill-informed determination of how things are and how things should be.

Edited by Korrode

In EL there is a large diversity of players who CHOOSE to do what they want in-game. Some players get a kick out of mining/mixing, buying ingreads/mixing, fighting/buying ingreads/mixing, fighting/buying completed product, etc, etc, etc...

The list goes on.

That is the type of game EL is. You come in and do what makes you happy. Period.

The one true fact about EL is that EVERYTHING in-game revolves around us a/d trainers/PKers. That's 100% fact. 98% of the items made in the game, in one way or the other, make there way into the hands of a "a/der".

Also a ton of stuff that you mixers use to make your items come from "a/ders" directly like furs, bones, meats, etc.

Yes, you can go out and collect them yourself but in my observations I see mixers requesting these very items from market.

What would you do if us fighters refused to service you with these items and made you go out and collect them yourself? It would cut into your mixing levels severely and slow down production.

It seems more like a double standard to me.

In most cases you can gain more gold coin selling your items on market than selling to a NPC which is great because it keeps players working with players.

All those artificer capes that people wear to increase the chance at making rare items come from fighters also don't they?

Korrode among others are 100% correct. But the gold coin that the fighters are making is not kept. As a matter of fact I would like you to show me a att and def trainer/PKer that actually hoards gold coins? We spend it about as fast as we get it.

For instance...

Earlier in the week I received a NMT cape drop from a Feros and I auctioned it off. But as soon as I had the gold coin I went and bought more supplies for training att and def... :P

Go figure. B)

So who got that extra gold coin I received? MIXERS/HARVESTERS.

So why is it that you can justify sitting here and complaining about us receiving more gold coin that goes into your "pockets"? :)

I bet if radu increased the amount of harvested items you received from harvesting you wouldn't be bitching now would you? Neither would we because that would mean more supplies for us and more happy mixing for you. :D

Edited by Paul Brown

I lol at this whole topic. Why must mixers complain when all of fighters gc goes back to them? They are the only ones making profit, they are at the bottom of the chute and all the money ends up sliding back down to them in the end.

pl0x stop rambling on making fools of yourselves

Good luck with that Korrode, it's what they are best at. :)

pl0x stop rambling on making fools of yourselves

Good luck with that Korrode, it's what they are best at. :)

Please, we watch you folks cry all the time. I've seen it here in the forums and in six.

but its just not good enough is it ? a recent update included increased GC drops and here in yet another thread we have the same people coming in asking for more ! you couldnt make it up if you tried !

I don't think anyone asked for more AFTER sqwurl's thread was closed and the recent update with the increased fluff/chims gc drops

If that's the reason for bringing up this glorious "mixers" v "fighters" fight.

@Ateh

hows about you refrain from your snide little comments implying myself and other's claims about the attrib(pp) requirements of MCW or Yeti are false, until you have some first hand experience as a trainer of one of these creatures.

you know what after typing out a few hundred words i realise im completely wasting my time because no matter how many changes to this game go in your favor you will never be happy with EL until its been changed beyong recognition to suit how you want to play it

im very sorry if I come across as one of the only people who consistently disagrees with you , but thats just life korrode we come across people like that all the time its what makes the world tick

personally im just happy to log into EL and play at my own pace, talk to friends and help out when I can , EL has given me more than GC and pixels , more than I can possibly explain in a million forum posts , im a very very lucky man because of EL so I should let other people find thier own happyness that EL brings and let you guys get on with wanting more

see ya around

Then don't quote me to make your point.

ok, I won't quote :(

Seriously,my apologies to Rehdon for misquoting him through misunderstanding his post,

I think we are mixing up two kinds of 'fighters' here: PK-ers, and a/d trainers. I have to agree with the person who

said that the PK-ers with HoS perk etc. and only human nexus shouldn't complain about not earning enough, they made a choice

and will have to live with it (or reset...).

And I see no reason why a/d training should easily pay for top-level PK gear, where a mixer has difficulties getting a price high enough

to cover ingredients. The more so, since PK _as_a_whole_ only destroys equipment/resources, so it is and always will be a gc sink.

I can see why prices are lower than cost, so (as a mixer) I do a lot of harvesting, thereby getting net gc from my mixing. If the mixers

reasoned the same way as PKers (i.e. 'We should be able to only mix and live of it without all that annoying harvesting'), see how much

could be produced (HE, ME, diss and tele rings, medallions...)

(as an example, I'd guess I spend at least 2-3h harving for every h a/d and mixing, and that gives me enough profit to use Ti plate when

I feel like it for training, but not enough to burn 1 or 2 rostos every invasion)

Again, this is against PK-ers that feel they should not have to work for their hobby, through long monster killing, or harving and mixing

(and I don't mind the high experience rates in a/d training, it requires attention, carries risks, and I profit from it myself...)

And NO I don't think a/d training should (easily) pay for high level PK gear as long as mixing doesn't allow the same (again, those that cannot harvest

_chose_ that character build, those negative perks are called _negative_ for a reason...)

re-read your post, i think you might wanna delete it after that

first off, we got a GC increase, which is good. its only been a week so far so wait a bit longer to see how the increase works out for everyone. (personally i spend a few days farming RoT and got ~20k gc and ~2 books a day) 2 days to buy for example tit cuisses or greaves or a halberd isnt bad.

since update i farmed and made a few purchases already i normally wouldnt have, saving up for more unusual purchases now (without goldbuying :( )

secondly, pointless, but just wanna argue anyway and prove someone wrong ^^

basicly your saying "fighters shouldnt get more gc unless mixers get more gc too" guess what, fighters no gc = mixers no gc.

reality check, fighters need mixers for supplies, mixers need fighters to sell supplies to, see the connection here?

sure mixers could get more gc, but since you sell to fighters how are you gonna get more gc from someone who doesnt have it?

so your whole statement of 'fighters shouldnt get more unless mixers get more too' sounds stupid cause both are linked, give the consumers (fighters) more and they will buy products off the producers (mixers) more, resulting in more gc for mixers.

last, fk the 'fighters VS mixers' thing, in the end we both need eachother one way or another, stop being small minded with "omg they get something and we dont!! dats not fair!!" bs and look at the bigger picture, so far the gc increase works great, Holar even bothered thanking me for purchasing things from his bot, seems he is happy he can sell his manufacture goods now, why cant the rest be happy aswell? [/end ranting]

To reply to the original poster and ignoring the rest of you guys.

The idea about the npc accepting donations. A malicious player/guild could easily abuse the system. However, they would probably be disconnected from the community and their bots. But that risk still exists and will probably not obtain any great prizes. Some prizes are also large in quantity and harder to ferry over.

The minigams, yes. I would love to play someone in chess or checkers. Bring it on!

The minigames would have been great before mini-events, with them I'd be annoyed at the events interrupting my game rather than interrupting my harvesting. But I agree, harvesting is boring, a timewaster ingame is great. Sometimes there's nothing on TV :doze:

The game was initially designed to allow massive amounts of harvesting but to deal with it by allowing massive amounts of consumption. All these attempts to fix the gold farming (mini events, depletable resources, who knows what next) by slowing the harvesting will slow the production, therefore slow the mixing, therefore the end consumers (eg a/d trainers) will find it slightly harder to buy their HE anyway. More gc drops probably won't help that. In fact more gc drops will encourage more consumption at a time when production is going to be slowed.... is that really the solution?

Radu says there's too much gc in the game already, do you really think he'll be keen to massively increase gold drops? Seems unlikely.

Radu says there are too many EFE in game- so is armour really breaking that often? Do you think he'll drop the break rate? Seems unlikely.

(I can assure you, we mixers don't get many EFE from mixing FE these days! But it is rare to hear mixers complain about that)

IMO, you should have a range of options in playing this game.

a/ an extremely boring option that makes you rich but gives very little experience.

b/ a less boring option where you also get less gc but much more experience.

c/ an extremely exciting option which gets you a ton of experience but such low gc that you are perpetually a pauper.

Strange how some people want the excitement of option c, and the experience of option c, but can't handle the pauper bit... Look at it this way, if gc drops are increased for a/d, not only would existing a/ders buy more, but more people would switch to a/d, both increasing demand, and the entire balance would get thrown out of whack. Add in my point about likely harvest restrictions above, and fewer people will harvest due to that- reducing supply. If you know about supply and demand you'll know those extra gc drops won't help much long term. So how about we don't go down that path, and leave a/ders as poor as they should be :(

IMO, you should have a range of options in playing this game.

a/ an extremely boring option that makes you rich but gives very little experience.

b/ a less boring option where you also get less gc but much more experience.

c/ an extremely exciting option which gets you a ton of experience but such low gc that you are perpetually a pauper.

We have that already.

We have that - schools.

I don't find it extremely exciting to get a ton of experience - experience don't mean much for me.

The thing I like in this game is, that chat is easier than other games and you can play and relax.