Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

Increased Gc drops from monsters

made some posts about it in other topics, but it didnt seem to get attention from officials, so thought id try making a topic

monster drops always stay the same, more expensive items get added, but drops stay the same resulting in problems were facing now. Goldfarmers, huge inflations

[L33t @ 6]: only 6 evas pots and 1500 gc from fluffies in 2hr

[teehee @ 6]: 1179 gc from dchim only tongue.gif

various sources saying they get low income from training, even if they can train it perfectly well

if you wanna play to have fun as a fighter, and dont like other skills then this is not enough to cover all the expenses you have.

pots, essences, armors, weapons, rings, cloaks, summons

lets say the average playtime is around ~8 hours, so in a day a fighter earns up to 6k gc.. is this normal?

no its not, training supplies you carry cost ~3k already. have an armor degrade and you'll be spending weeks to replace it, during which time another item will have degraded aswell.

for example, my pk items are worth ~1mil all together, i have to obtain that from 4k Gc an hour (i get 8k, but 4k is the price of the Srs and He's i take each round)

but not only is that 4k Gc used for getting the pk gear, its used to replace broken items too, and buy rosts.

where do i pay all that from? not from monster drops in any case.. so i resort to buying Gc, from goldfarmers, cause they give better rates, and they dont make it so i HAVE need to buy Gc for $$

heard from Radu that "gc has no value" or something similiar, making changes to increase the Gc's value (moneysinks)

i think its time to wonder if those changes arent doing the opposite of what you intend to achieve.

gc has always had value imo, increasing its value is just hurting yourself since the value is increased so much people are willing to spend RL $$ on it

and since there are alot of fighters who dont wanna spend their time harvesting they look for an easier way to get it, goldfarmers notice this and offer a solution

buying gc from them with better rates then the shop has.

people will always look for easier ways to get stuff, especially if there is no other way of achieving the items.

and a game should be for fun, Gc should be the least of your worries, in a game your worries should be more adventurous (wtf will i run into now? will i be able to kill this/that? how long could i make a stand in pk area?") things like that, instead of "will i have enough Gc to make a stand in pk? do i have enough gc to go kill things? do i have enough gc to do anything?"

its simple, decrease Gc income and add costs results into people buying Gc for $ eventually, and seeing the discussions lately about goldfarmers their a big problem according to the players.

well every problem has a root, and this ones root is Gc being a rarety, if it wasnt then there would be no need to buy Gc from goldfarmers and they would have no customers.

as it is now: Gc is a rarety, and people think Gc buying from Goldfarmers is easier since you then got Gc and its cheaper then buying from shop.

as it should be: Gc being no problem, the $ saved from not having to buy Gc from goldfarmers can be spend on items from the EL shop like Rosto's, instead of buying from farmers and then drive the rosto price up in-game.

so i suggest increasing gc drops from monsters

im not suggesting we should earn millions a week and only spend 300k each month..

no, im suggesting to experiment with droprates, start with doubling the gc drops for example, see what happens, if that isnt a good balance then add a bit more till you do find a good balance.

same other way, if doubling it is too much then decrease it bit by bit till you do find a good balance.

or make Gc less needed, decrease breakrates more, change ingredients needed for fighter items to make them less expensive.

anything to save fighters Gc so they dont have to buy Gc for $ from farmers, and instead can buy Rostogols from shop with the saved $ from buying Gc.

will increase pk aswell as they can waste more gc in kf then

wall of text crits you for...

- Just a quick reaction -

I totally agree with this. The benefits you earn from regular drops will always be used to repair/buy armors, pay rosts/training stuff etc...

Besides some lucky guys who can drop 2 NMT or so on ~1k fluffs I don't see how you can make decent profits from training (even if raising a skill isn't destinated to make money).

Even if I was totally agree on GC farmers ban poll, I must admit that it has to go with some conditions, because it won't be the miracle solution. That's why I like the idea to lower the break chances on expensives items (ofc it would go with a "remix" of some points according to this *NMT perk removal plx plx :>* as NMT perk would have less interest imo).

The only alternatives for a fighter in these cases are simply to: hope luck and get rares drops/buy gc from gold farmers/gold farm (oh nuuh evil \o/)/to play 12h+ per day because of harvest, mix whatever to make CORRECT (that's not even good, that's correct) benefits after a training session. Seriously that's not a way to play the game for me...

Edited by DaKiSS

Firstly, and I dont mean to tear your post apart, but if your spending 4k an hour on HE, srs, then you are trainning/fighting WAY above your level for it to be possible to make gc's from fighting

At level 80 a/d I can make 7k gc's an hour on average on trolls. Do I get much experince doing this? No, next to nil. But The drops are pretty consistant, and they dont break much armor, and I use very few he/srs and get the odd s2e to put towards my next nexus.

If you compare this to any other skill, it is better money then you can make potting, alchemy (if you harvest your own ingreds or buy them) Crafting, as you will never find enough energy essences to do it, tailoring of course, and eng, ranging. etc etc.

All experince costs, time and money, so I bet if you sacrificed your experince to the 150-200k / hour range, you will find your drops will add up to more gc's/ hour and less resorces used.

Thats the way I see it anyhow

i train yeti, i can perfectly train them, when they hit they hit for alot.

someone in 140's with maxed out coord and instinct still needs 1-2 restores for yeti, which i do right now too.

could train on something lower like Mountain chims, but same problem. same amount of He's/Sr's taken, but even less Gc/exp each round

besides, yeti are ebul gc making trees :P is what everyone who doesnt train them says atleast :s

Edited by Sqwurl

someone in 140's with maxed out coord and instinct still needs 1-2 restores for yeti, which i do right now too

If you need 1-2 restores per yeti, this is trainning, this is not killing for money, this is killing for good experince, there is a difference here. And you still making a profit, with a decent chance for a rare drop, so this really isnt that bad is it?

Sqwurl

Yes its a big problem, i mean what fighter would say its easy to get 500kgc for some good PK gear? well its definetly not easy if you are trying to harvest that... would take a very long time, and people that dont have good armor tend also not to PK as much because they feel useless...

however with buying $70 worth of gc bang! a ice dragon set is yours... easy, cheap and saves months of your LIFE. and for someone who works, that amount of money is nothing...

I am not saying it should double gc rates or triple, but we need to increase it, it wont only give fighters more fun but also manuers/achers more to mix since more people will be buying armor/essences.

We should experiment with drop rates in my opinion, the only way you can make good money now is on yetis, and only 2% of EL can do that

someone in 140's with maxed out coord and instinct still needs 1-2 restores for yeti, which i do right now too

If you need 1-2 restores per yeti, this is trainning, this is not killing for money, this is killing for good experince, there is a difference here. And you still making a profit, with a decent chance for a rare drop, so this really isnt that bad is it?

yeah it is profit, but not enough to keep buying He/Srs, rosts and replacing armours to continue and on top of that pk, which would hurt the mixers if we didnt buy from goldfarmers.

and then you get to current problems, people do buy from goldfarmers to continue, causing inflation and nothing being bought from EL shop.

and that inflation hurts ppl who dont buy gc aswell

for the decent rare drop: 27k fluffs killed, 10k feros, 6k Yeti and not a single NMT, even if i did get a rare drop like NMT they wouldnt sell. i know ppl who cant sell them cause there are no buyers anymore.

besides, increase Gc drops enough and mixers could ask more for the products they are now making a loss on, and fighters still make a decent living

Edit: fighters need to be able to earn enough to keep continueing training/replacing armors/buying pots/rings/essies, and extra so that they can waste that on pk increasing pk activity.

Edited by Sqwurl

If you want to go yeti you have to decide if you want either to do it for exp or for gc, what you want is to have both, looking that you get less gc than you need to replace he/srs means that you shouldn't be "training" them. In my case I still get more gc than I use for he's/srs when I want to train yeti with tit long, but if I really wanted to just earn gc and get less exp I'd use os :) Yeti drops should remain as they are now

If you want to go yeti you have to decide if you want either to do it for exp or for gc, what you want is to have both, looking that you get less gc than you need to replace he/srs means that you shouldn't be "training" them. In my case I still get more gc than I use for he's/srs when I want to train yeti with tit long, but if I really wanted to just earn gc and get less exp I'd use os :) Yeti drops should remain as they are now

it depends also... lets say if we do get a huigher drop rate, lets say double (it probably wont happen) and yeti remains the same, people would get more profit from killing feros in feros cave getting 60gc per feros, so high levels would slay them for cheap gc, so if we increase one we must increase the other

yeah it is profit, but not enough to keep buying He/Srs, rosts and replacing armours to continue and on top of that pk, which would hurt the mixers if we didnt buy from goldfarmers.

and then you get to current problems, people do buy from goldfarmers to continue, causing inflation and nothing being bought from EL shop.

and that inflation hurts ppl who dont buy gc aswell

for the decent rare drop: 27k fluffs killed, 10k feros, 6k Yeti and not a single NMT, even if i did get a rare drop like NMT they wouldnt sell. i know ppl who cant sell them cause there are no buyers anymore.

besides, increase Gc drops enough and mixers could ask more for the products they are now making a loss on, and fighters still make a decent living

Edit: fighters need to be able to earn enough to keep continueing training/replacing armors/buying pots/rings/essies, and extra so that they can waste that on pk increasing pk activity.

I do understand where your coming from, but if your breaking a lot of armors, lossing a lot of rostos and burning through srs/he you probably should not be trainning yeti. On the other hand, the after fluffy choices for trainnning are not that great, I understand your want to get to yeti as fast as possible. Though I really cant comment, as I have not yet been able to try the chims since the changes where made. However, I still think you would make decent profit with augmented set, and a tit long on a fluff spawn/hour, just get a guildie to come collect those inv/acc/invs pots from time to time :)

And yes, the experince you will get per hour will really suck :) thats the point in this game, you sacrifice experince for money. And that is pretty much the same in all skills in game, except harvesting.

well Dushan you do that, but most of the fighters cant train yeti, and yes i want both, thats why me and lots of others buy from goldfarmers.

is that a good solution? seems not with the goldfarmer problem being discussed lately, and the low pk activity people complain about, and everyone complaining about inflation which is caused by buying Gc.

can stay the same, but prices would only rise, economy would still suck, people still sell at losses, and fighters still not being able to spend more time in pk

Edit: keep in mind that lots of people are having this problem and dont want to go to something lower to earn Gc, thats why we buy from goldfarmers.

i suggest a reasonable change that would lower the need for goldfarmers, decrease inflation, give mixers a chance to sell items for more.

we had this a long time ago before, gc drops got changed and it worked great, untill more moneysinks got added with drops staying the same

Edited by Sqwurl

it depends also... lets say if we do get a huigher drop rate, lets say double (it probably wont happen) and yeti remains the same, people would get more profit from killing feros in feros cave getting 60gc per feros, so high levels would slay them for cheap gc, so if we increase one we must increase the other

Yeti doesn't need increased gc drops, you can get 11k gc/1h on yeti + rare drops, try getting that much with some other skill

I do understand where your coming from, but if your breaking a lot of armors, lossing a lot of rostos and burning through srs/he you probably should not be trainning yeti. On the other hand, the after fluffy choices for trainnning are not that great, I understand your want to get to yeti as fast as possible. Though I really cant comment, as I have not yet been able to try the chims since the changes where made. However, I still think you would make decent profit with augmented set, and a tit long on a fluff spawn/hour, just get a guildie to come collect those inv/acc/invs pots from time to time :)

And yes, the experince you will get per hour will really suck :) thats the point in this game, you sacrifice experince for money. And that is pretty much the same in all skills in game, except harvesting.

Hmm wizzy, i dont know how long youve played this game but its irrelevent, anyways, you shouldnt lose gc from training, and not make too much profit, there must be a good balance, plus fluffies may be good for you to supply for leather armor or iron set or whatever, but for higher levels if you break the armor (probably titanium set COL + rosts) it is not a good idea to serp fluffies.....

plus to get back the gc from dying once, takes hours of harvesting... instead of resupplying it with training

Yeti doesn't need increased gc drops, you can get 11k gc/1h on yeti + rare drops, try getting that much with some other skill

maybe you can, but can you find a spawn? :)

once again its not only about yeti's, its about every monster in game, except for Arctics

can keep saying "well just OS or do something lower for Gc" but obviously thats not helping for years, and the problems just getting worse

I have been only been playing for 3.5 years, though wizzy charater is only about 10 months old. I am still pretty newb. And your spot on right! You should not lose gc's from trainning. However,if you are then I would say you are not trainning within your level/attributes. The more XP you earn in game, the more it costs.

I can make 100k/hour xp making leather helms at trik, or I can make 240k/hour in WV school..costs more, but thats the cost of expericne right?

Now, Like I said, that level gap from 115a/d to 130 a/d is a real bitch of a struggle, I realize that. But the days of 116 coordination are long past, Yeti hits hard, we all know this, so either serp them for gc's or train at your level, you can have it both ways.

u guys only talk about yeti like that is the omgd i can train yeti now i become rich in no time aint like that its about al the monsters in general cyclops the break allot fluff feros dcw mcw

Sqwurl baby, you're making some invalid points there :)

Edit - yea I do agree with boe that maybe chims/fluffs/cycs should have increased gc drops, but not yeti

Edited by Dushan

I have been only been playing for 3.5 years, though wizzy charater is only about 10 months old. I am still pretty newb. And your spot on right! You should not lose gc's from trainning. However,if you are then I would say you are not trainning within your level/attributes. The more XP you earn in game, the more it costs.

I can make 100k/hour xp making leather helms at trik, or I can make 240k/hour in WV school..costs more, but thats the cost of expericne right?

Now, Like I said, that level gap from 115a/d to 130 a/d is a real bitch of a struggle, I realize that. But the days of 116 coordination are long past, Yeti hits hard, we all know this, so either serp them for gc's or train at your level, you can have it both ways.

you miss the point, only yeti trainers can make decent gc... any other monster cant get you where you want to go... biggest struggle for the 120 a/d people who are useful in PK but very hard to make gc training

once again: can keep saying "well just OS or do something lower for Gc" but obviously thats not helping for years, and the problems just getting worse

and dushan its not invalid, i train yeti, but mountain chims too, mostly chims which is alot less gc with the same HE/Sr used.

and i mostly train chims cause Azayal, Alma, ATA, Marro, Aureliusz, Boedha, DP camp spawns 24/7, which still makes the yeti drops crap cause you cant find a spawn every hour

you miss the point, only yeti trainers can make decent gc... any other monster cant get you where you want to go... biggest struggle for the 120 a/d people who are useful in PK but very hard to make gc training

No I didnt miss the point at all m8

If you have noticed I have been agreeing that at those levels it is very hard to get the expeince needed to level on chims/fluffys. And I agree that at those levels Yeti are too hard to train effectively with the attribute caps. I do not agree that gc's for yetis should be raised. And I said, I cant comment on chims, as I have not yet been able to play with them, except the odd artic chim I like to farm a bit. But, you must agree that experince costs gc's. Of that there is no doubt. The more /faster experince you want to earn, the more it will cost.

i get 15-20k with 300 he/100 sr or so and 1 million xp on chims.

i get 5 million xp with 300 he/100 sr on feros. and 20k+ gc

i think it's decent enough ;> if u don't make money on your training it's because you are too weak for the monster you are fighting imo.

in how much time?

in first post 2 people said they earn ~1.2k each 2 hours, even if they didnt use much He/Sr they would earn 2.4k in 4h, 3.6k in 6, 4.8k in 8 hours, thats not much for a whole day

Edited by Sqwurl

once again: can keep saying "well just OS or do something lower for Gc" but obviously thats not helping for years, and the problems just getting worse

Please enlighten me what's the current problem with yeti now?