Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

Increased Gc drops from monsters

i think increasing gc drops would only be very short term solution. it would probably

end up only making inflation worse. you want higher gc value so you have to do less to

get it. more serping means more gc entering the game which needs more sinks. best thing

to do is make your own HEs and SRs... it'd prob be better to argue more for lower break

rates and cheaper rare ings.

So the point of my post was maybe it would be beneficial to all of you that want to be fighters only, to have a couple people talk to ent and see if he even thinks the game should go in that direction, ie have fighters be able to earn enough items/gc from monster drops only at all levels (i guess pk drops aren't even an issue anymore) to be self sufficient enough that they don't need 1. Gold Farmers and 2. to do other skills they have no interest in doing.

If he sees that as something he wants for the game for fighters, then we will know whether your question or mine is the right one, and can save everybody a lot of time and energy suggesting stuff that will never happen. The problem with your question korrode, is we don't know for sure if that was an accident (yeti gc farmers making SO much) or intentional they get so much gc, or possibly that it would be easier for more people than he expected. Maybe it was supposed to be a reward only for people who make it to those abilities.

thats why we made this topic :)

and i Pm'ed him on forums about it, but no response so far (i know, i know he's a busy man)

i think increasing gc drops would only be very short term solution. it would probably

end up only making inflation worse. you want higher gc value so you have to do less to

get it. more serping means more gc entering the game which needs more sinks. best thing

to do is make your own HEs and SRs... it'd prob be better to argue more for lower break

rates and cheaper rare ings.

i dont understand that, less? we cant do anything now to earn it, besides training up to yeti lvl and farm those then, buying gc to compensate for the low gc from the other monsters to keep on training to get to Yeti lvl.

what were suggesting is make us able to do something, being able to choose between training and farming is better then the only option being training and buying Gc right?

Edited by Sqwurl

pvp is cheap :)

And less exp per hour, no drops to replace cost of supplies and no leveling of att (well maybe at lvl 100-101 att would take something like 4 - 5 years doing pvp?)

But is great during sun tzu when you cant find a free spawn :D

less exp per hour? rofl :)

Edit - pvping atm with augs, got 600k oa exp and made 13 restores, yes thats so expensive :D

Edited by Dushan

Edit - pvping atm with augs, got 600k oa exp and made 13 restores, yes thats so expensive :D

I agree if you get less xp pvp than on mobs then something is wrong... and you can always att pvp. costs more but gives att and def xp

i dont understand that, less? we cant do anything now to earn it, besides training up to yeti lvl and farm those then, buying gc to compensate for the low gc from the other monsters to keep on training to get to Yeti lvl.

what were suggesting is make us able to do something, being able to choose between training and farming is better then the only option being training and buying Gc right?

well really making your own supplies except for armors cuts your expense massively. so that 11k from yetis is 11 k and not 7k... so you don't have to kill as many yetis for the same amount. i don't see what the big deal is it only takes a few hrs a week. srs cost 7gc but sell for 14-15 gc... do the math with the expense thing. you are paying more for buying GC and serping.

Edited by HereticEast

Yes because no att exp to go with the def exp.

Myself I get the same amount of att exp as def exp training, if I PvP that cuts out a lot of exp per hour at the benifit of a little higher def exp.

Lol, if you do it right you can get almost even att and def xp while pvping.

It's the only way for me to get decent xp nowadays (except for Trice).

And the xp is quite good :)

less exp per hour? rofl :D

Edit - pvping atm with augs, got 600k oa exp and made 13 restores, yes thats so expensive :(

Myself I get the same amount of att exp as def exp training, if I PvP that cuts out a lot of exp per hour at the benifit of a little higher def exp.

I get more Attack xp then Defense in pvp (though the 48 reasoning helps with this :)

less exp per hour? rofl :D

Edit - pvping atm with augs, got 600k oa exp and made 13 restores, yes thats so expensive :(

Well, you obviously don't know how to pvp :)

If fighters get more gc, where do you think it will go? Manuers want to profit from what they do, without having to harv their own ings, is it wrong for fighters to want to make gc without having to harv and sell iron/silver as well?

I have no doubt that if all trainers were to start spending hours at spawns way below their levels, just for gc, there would be another topic on forums detesting it, afaik, that is one of the reasons ts fail was removed. ( And for that point, how is that different then lower a/d chars in dragon armors and therms,,etc, taking spawns from higher a/d chars, just a side point)

Really, I don't see why manuers would be against more gc for trainers, when in the end, it is really more gc for them. The MB in WS IS a good point, I for one don't mind helping, even though I am basically a meat shield taking damage while the higher levels deal damage (along with what I can do), but I also burn through alot of he, sr, a/d pots, gh pots, etc. However, if it invades on the one day a week I have to try to amass gc, I cba to help.

The system is bound to fail, because ing prices rise, manu'ed prices then rise, and at some point, the end users of a lot of these items simply can't afford them.

Ok, so I don't know about Yeti drops and Desert Chim, and Arctic Chim and stuff, but I do know that, at 29/31 a/d (and rising) I train on gargs with steel long, and I use 30-40 he's every trip of about 400gc. Yes, its a profit of about 140 gc every time, but it is barely sustainable especially if you want to replace breakages and buy better armor/weapons. It's in my opinion that lower level monsters are extremely difficult to make enough money off of to buy supplies needed to go on to higher levels.

I also agree with the point that the Yeti drops and stuff are a possible reward for people who can reach the high a/d levels, but getting there isn't easy while when fighting even without breakages you still lose money half the time.

The system is bound to fail, because ing prices rise, manu'ed prices then rise, and at some point, the end users of a lot of these items simply can't afford them.

Lol, just try to imagine the sheer horror, if you, god forbid, really had to work for items you want to use :-P

Lol, just try to imagine the sheer horror, if you, god forbid, really had to work for items you want to use :-P

Oh no, I just get them for free. People walk up to me all the time and just give me supplies, for real, they do. :)

perhaps making the GC progression for mobs more even is a good idea, and even raising the base amount of GC a mob will drop is good as I can attest to being pretty pissed off when a fluff drops 3gc

but on the other hand, part of me wonders whose fault it really is that all fighter PKers now have to take every neg perk meaning they cant do other skills, why they need all neg perks for the ''right'' build at higher mob levels ?

part of me thinks nobody forces you to only train a/d , nobody forced you to become a PK geek who took all neg perks at the expense of being able to play the game like someone who doesnt have those perks

so yes, even the GC out for the drops sure but you cant really ask for more GC because you fucked your characters up by taking all the neg perks

*edit* sorry for swearing its the northern brit in me

Edited by Ateh

lol u contradict yourself in your own post.

you acknowledge those perks are needed to train high level mobs (unless putting "right" in double quotes is you thinking that those negs aren't needed for those mobs (with the exception of being like 30 a/d over them), which just displays lack of knowledge and experience)... but then you try and blame us for taking said perks.

gg.

Edited by Korrode

perhaps making the GC progression for mobs more even is a good idea, and even raising the base amount of GC a mob will drop is good as I can attest to being pretty pissed off when a fluff drops 3gc

but on the other hand, part of me wonders whose fault it really is that all fighter PKers now have to take every neg perk meaning they cant do other skills, why they need all neg perks for the ''right'' build at higher mob levels ?

part of me thinks nobody forces you to only train a/d , nobody forced you to become a PK geek who took all neg perks at the expense of being able to play the game like someone who doesnt have those perks

so yes, even the GC out for the drops sure but you cant really ask for more GC because you fucked your characters up by taking all the neg perks

to be able to train them for good exp?

ofcourse we could waste 17 pp to get less exp, but that would be the same as being a potioner and solely lvl on small mana pots just cause the pp for Sr's could be used elsewhere

anyway the topic can be close, our suggestion got heard

thanks for listening Radu ;)

lol u contradict yourself in your own post.

you acknowledge those perks are needed to train high level mobs (unless putting "right" in double quotes is you thinking that those negs aren't needed for those mobs (with the exception of being like 30 a/d over them), which just displays lack of knowledge and experience)... but then you try and blame us for taking said perks.

gg.

Wasnt Masterpiter perkless?

ofcourse we could waste 17 pp to get less exp, but that would be the same as being a potioner and solely lvl on small mana pots just cause the pp for Sr's could be used elsewhere

uhmmm, so you basically got negative perks to get advance (in PP) over others and now you insits, that you should be also rewarded for it in gc, so you could offset the negative side of those perks?

uhmmm, so you basically got negative perks to get advance (in PP) over others and now you insits, that you should be also rewarded for it in gc, so you could offset the negative side of those perks?

advantage? no, every fighter got those perks.

yes perks are negative, but they should in no way make Gc buying the only option to make Gc

thats why we asked for this change so we can work for our Gc by farming the monsters we normally train on