Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

Increased Gc drops from monsters

Yes , increase the drops on mosters.

I have to go to class atm so i cant make a epic post only thing i ask is for the manuers, tailorers, alchmist or w/e mixer skill you do tht is complaining about your skill and how expensive it is GTFO and make your own thread about it if it is bad as you claim?

Agree'd :P

Edited by Suskie

Apologies, but I'm not reading through some six pages of verbose ramblings :P

Summary of my opinion: Training should be sustainable, not profitable. Hunting, on the other hand, should yield a profit if you devote time to finding the right energy expenditure/energy gain ratio (yay, Biology!) for a creature you decide to kill. The reason I think training should only be sustainable is because of the ease at which both attack and defence (and OA) experience is gained with fighting. I'm not stepping on toes by saying training A/D is easier, but the experience from A/D training comes considerably faster than any other skill.

People still dont get what we want, let me explain it in very simple words otherwise the thing upon your head which you use it as a flower vase wont get it.

We, who choose to be fighter's, want to earn our living by only fighting, like an alcher can earn his living by only alching.

-Kaddy

Wow, can we chose to make our living as manufacturers by only manufacturing and buying everything else? Or crafting please ... or what about tailoring then?

AFAIK only fighters and harvers can make living by practicing only their skills and trade for everything else, including ings .....

not really, just harvers

It is possible to became fighter with 50+ A/D even without having 1 exp in any other skill than Attack/Defence/Magic living only from selling game/monster drops and buying everything else ... and i personally know someone, who is there with only very litle harvesting and who stopped harvesting totally after leaved Isle Prima.

And at 50+ you can everytime make some money by killing game for fur/bones/meat and small monsters for gc/items to sell. Maybe it is not fastest possible way to do thinks, but it is possible ... show me other skill, where you can get 50+ lvl in that skill without harving/fighting/donations from others ...

Yes , increase the drops on mosters.

I have to go to class atm so i cant make a epic post only thing i ask is for the manuers, tailorers, alchmist or w/e mixer skill you do tht is complaining about your skill and how expensive it is GTFO and make your own thread about it if it is bad as you claim?

Why should we complain and ask more drops from mixing HEs? It looks like only fighters things, that one should get big xp and big gc without too hassle and that they have RIGHT to be profitable in both all the way where nobody else is and complain, how it is bad, they do not became uber rich if they do not work for it....

"I suggest that each time you mix HE you should get good chance of some big drop of gc ... it would help economy - HE should be sold cheaper - helps fighters and everybody shroomed, Silver could be bought for more - would help to harvesters = it is win-win and big improvement in economy - and it should be even so, that there should be NPC selling cheap sulhure/roses/snap and buying FE for a way much, then the ings are, as alchemy is the base of stable economy and we should be able get xp+gc each time we try anything ....."

People still dont get what we want, let me explain it in very simple words otherwise the thing upon your head which you use it as a flower vase wont get it.

We, who choose to be fighter's, want to earn our living by only fighting, like an alcher can earn his living by only alching.

-Kaddy

Wow, can we chose to make our living as manufacturers by only manufacturing and buying everything else? Or crafting please ... or what about tailoring then?

AFAIK only fighters and harvers can make living by practicing only their skills and trade for everything else, including ings .....

not really, just harvers

It is possible to became fighter with 50+ A/D even without having 1 exp in any other skill than Attack/Defence/Magic living only from selling game/monster drops and buying everything else ... and i personally know someone, who is there with only very litle harvesting and who stopped harvesting totally after leaved Isle Prima.

And at 50+ you can everytime make some money by killing game for fur/bones/meat and small monsters for gc/items to sell. Maybe it is not fastest possible way to do thinks, but it is possible ... show me other skill, where you can get 50+ lvl in that skill without harving/fighting/donations from others ...

your right in what your saying, but got no clue what were talking about, why post?

i'll explain anyway, if you read the posts you see that were talking about Fluffs/Feros/Desert Chim/Forect chim/Mountain chim here.

i never needed to harv or do other skills either at low levels, thats why my current levels other then a/d/oa/magic are so low, started having to harv around Fluff levels, didnt suit me so i stopped that and went on with just training, buying Gc to compensate for the gc loss from harving.

now if Fluffs/Dc/Fc/Mc had a good trade-off between exp and Gc, like Yeti have, we would have the option of training, getting low gc and good exp, and Farming, killing the monster you usually train on with sword to get good gc, and lower exp.

as it is now we have to do with low gc and good exp from training, or get no exp and low gc from farming. (on the fluff/feros/Dc/Fc/Mc)

what we'd like to have is good exp and low gc from training, and low exp, good gc from farming. on the above mentioned monsters.

someone might wanna correct me on this but when you train Yeti, you get about 12k gc each round. when you farm them its ~28k.

the difference in gc between training and farming them is big enough to have a choice between training or farming.

on the fluff-Mc's there isnt such a big difference in gc wether you farm or train, making training the best option (you rather have good exp/low gc then low exp/low gc)

they got the trade off between exp and gc right on Yeti, now were asking to increase the max amount of gc the lower lvl'ed monsters can drop so that farming is an option for us too instead of only for the Yeti trainers.

about that last bit.

every skill can be done without fighting or donations from others, why is harvesting there? harvesting is needed directly for other skills, however harving is in no way needed for a/d.

Edited by Sqwurl

Summary of my opinion: Training should be sustainable, not profitable.

So then you would agree at least to increase MCW drops significantly.

If i use a lower end wep and get 2 flees (training) the drops dont even pay for HE/SR.

If i use cutty and get 1 flee (semi-training) the drops just pay for HE/SR. (this is what i generally do)

If i use JS and get no flees ('hunting'/serping) i make maybe 1-1.5kgc each round of HE/SR.

A few days ago MCW damaged my steel plate torso, luckily Heavybeard fixed it.

Yesterday MCW damaged by Steel Cuisses, heavybeard broke those. I dont have the gc to replace them, i need to pull 30kgc out of my ass it seems... and i've only been training a couple of hours a day of late, it's not like i'm getting this many breaks w/ 8 hours a day training.

(and before anyone even thinks about saying "well u should train something weaker", my def is 17 levels over MCW's attack, and i have full coord and a lot of instinct)

atm there's not even sustainability on some creatures, let alone profit.

...and this is all before i spend even 1 second in PK (where i'd burn heaps of essences, potions, summ stones, rings, etc.)

-----------------------------

@everyone comparing to their 'non-profitable' skills.

One day you'll all just need to accept the fact that the bulk of items, in all skills, produced in this game (with the exception of Tailoring) are used in combat of some kind.

Comparing your situation with ours is apples to oranges.

The Fighters are the consumers of your wares. You should support giving fighters more gc, to make your skills more profitable.

The spite is ugly.

Once again korrode is right, apples > oranges and we need more GC drops from monsters to buy more he'/srs from teh mixerz

if there is little difference between the minimum and maximum amount of gc a monster can drop it makes little difference wether you train or farm them

thats the problem with monsters lower then Yeti now.

increase the difference between the minimum and maximum those monsters can drop and the difference between training and farming will be bigger, making it a decent trade-off between exp/gc, training/farming

Personally I find that Feros drops are great if you serp them and by serping them you still gain a nice amount of exp. Im not sure about higher up mobs but I will say that serping fluffy was only decent way to make a small profit off them for supplies but lost exp.

But do you really think that Feros training is hard on the wallet?...

Feros1Hour.jpg

I am wearing a CoL, tit chain, aug pants, boots, uni med, fur cape with a tit long sword. It has proven to be a decent gold coin maker for me. (1/2 the gold coin in that pic was made last night btw)

80 SRS + 260 HEs = Over 1 million OA exp + ~7Kgc + Full load of invisi pots. And every 3rd or 4th trip a cape drop.

I think as far as Feros go I make more than enough gold coin to keep me supplied with training goods.

had a multi spawn?

yes

EDIT: And in my experience thus far, getting a multi feros spawn isn't hard at all. Only on a rare occasion do I sit on just 1 spawn. But even then I get good exp, less drops but still enough to cover my expenses.

Cheap training ftw! :icon4:

Edited by Paul Brown

WARNING SARCASM

Well I suppose to help cut down on costs and loses, fighters/pkers could go on strike, only clear invasions that win days purely for them (sun tzu) etc

" MB in WS pffft no spawns there needed so who care's"

:icon4:

Sarcasm?

...sounds like a great idea to me.

yea great idea. screw the people with lower a/d that kamikaze in to at least do some damage, even though they don't stand a chance in hell. Screw the healers on IP that do not fight, but take their part in invasions in that way. Screw the rangers that quite often clear bethel after all the fighters have given up because it's an impossible mission. Oh.. and screw the people that stand by, summoning rats and bunnies to help lower the MB def.

2 years ago, someone with my current a/d would be considered somewhat pr0. Now, at 104/110 a/d, with an allrounder setup, I don't stand a chance in hell in any of the invasions. Yeti one hit me, Bulangiu and Mare bulangiu half hit me. Still I try sometimes. And with me there are plenty of others, that with a bit of encouragement (yes... encouragement as opposed to bashing) at least try to put in their share. So stop bullying the lowerlevelled people or the ones with a different interest and instead try and see if there's a way you can all work together for a friggin change?

Now on topic: nothing is stopping any of you 'pure fighters' to have another skill on the side to make some gc. No fixed classes: yes. But you deny yourself a bit of balance between xp and income by chosing either of the extremes.

Sure, drops need a bit of a review, I agree with that somewhat. But if anything, it should start to get better from feros upwards, and no way should yeti trainers be the only ones to get better drops.

Edited by Dilly

Personally I find that Feros drops are great if you serp them and by serping them you still gain a nice amount of exp. Im not sure about higher up mobs but I will say that serping fluffy was only decent way to make a small profit off them for supplies but lost exp.

But do you really think that Feros training is hard on the wallet?...

Feros1Hour.jpg

I am wearing a CoL, tit chain, aug pants, boots, uni med, fur cape with a tit long sword. It has proven to be a decent gold coin maker for me. (1/2 the gold coin in that pic was made last night btw)

80 SRS + 260 HEs = Over 1 million OA exp + ~7Kgc + Full load of invisi pots. And every 3rd or 4th trip a cape drop.

I think as far as Feros go I make more than enough gold coin to keep me supplied with training goods.

I dont have a fancy screen shot, but yesterday I started a little alt charater. Pure fighter, In about 3.5 hours of play time, killing mostly on IP I made nearly 7k gc's and bought 1.2k in magic signals, and 900 gold on srs and HE @ 8gc/each 15 gc each from a bot. Made overall 21, 18a/d level and harvested, mixed zero items. So that is about 2.5k gc's an hour for a brand new charater, only fighting. And someone at 130's a/d cant make a profit?? Know, as I said before I cant comment much on the chims, as I havent had an oppurtenty to play with them since they where changed/updated. I know people complain about Mountain chims. Maybe these can be looked at more speicficly, and adjusted as required. But to change every mob with increase gc drops I dont think is the awnser.

I do agree with those that say, some npc's pay too well for some mixed items, I.E true site pots, brs, etc.

I've played this game for about 1 year now. In that time I've attained 60s crafting and 100s a/d.

The obvious advantages to leveling crafting are increased profit margins as fail rates decrease. I harvest all of my own ings so as examples, I can spend 10k on gem sanders and make 22.1k selling polished sapphires. Investing 6k in gem sanders to mix 600 moon meds grosses me 100k selling them for 170gc ea to a npc - and that only takes a few days. For great xp and gc, I can just mix ev & glac rings and sell those for 175gc to a npc.

The benefit to leveling a/d, while not being much of a pk'er, is exclusively the satisfaction of killing higher level mobs in invasions. Only while training 2 mobs, ogres & fluffs, was training close to or in excess of being profitable.

I've always assumed that one can't be a purist fighter and make a profit. If the intention is that one should be able to, then I 100% support increasing gc drops from mobs - especially post-fluff/feros. I don't understand where the push-back comes from some ppl in the EL community. I'm fairly confident that harvers dissing from the lupine bush don't account for all my ring sales.

atm only the Yeti trainers/farmers get good gc, if the max amount of gc the monsters lower then yeti can drop gets higher then we can farm those.

instead of being told "a yeti farmer can make 100k" that isnt any good for someone who isnt even close to being able to farm Yeti :icon4:

increase max amount the monsters lower then yeti can drop and we can farm Gc and participate in invasions. untill then i wont spend resources on it.

i still owe someone over 60k for Rosto's cause i was stupid enough to go to invasions, besides that i got 50k in sto atm and need 140k very soon for new Srs and He's

can i farm anything for Gc? no, there isnt a good trade off between gc/exp atm, so ill buy more gc soon from farmers cause i cant farm anything.

if Radu decides to change the drops to the amounts Korrode suggested i could spend some time farming gc on monsters my lvl, and use the $ i would otherwise have spended on farmers to buy Rosto's from shop.

win-win for all

Edited by Sqwurl

or you could try to play on just one character all the time instead of 2 and spend the time you gain for that only char to actually level another skill that will give you a profit? Or that will allow you to provide in your own needs for HE or SRs? And possibly it would also help to not get your brod broded by a guildie just for fun? Surely that would have been a huge stack of HE and SRs for you? And probably a piece of titanium or steel armor and a new cotu along with that?

Seems to me you still have other ways to improve your own situation, but ... oh well, guess it's easier to blame the game

or you could try to play on just one character all the time instead of 2 and spend the time you gain for that only char to actually level another skill that will give you a profit? Or that will allow you to provide in your own needs for HE or SRs?

Every neg i dont take (as pursuing other skills is normally negatively affected by perks like HoS, HS, Anti, etc.), every pp i spend on nexus... they're all pp's my opponents will have that i wont.

Soz Dills but we're not looking to be mediocre PK'ers, we're looking to pwn.

In addition to this, training monster like MCW and Yeti requires a hell of a lot of pp's on attributes. To train at our levels (and it's actually under our levels btw), we need the pp's from those negs... barring mass pp buying.

It sounds to me like the short version is:

Fighters want (there IS a difference between want and need btw) to ONLY fight. They do not want to do any of the other skills needed to fight successfully. However, the game is designed to have the skills all be intertwined.

Every other skill requires some skill level in multiple skills to pursue the chosen favorite skill.

Fighters want the game mechanics changed so they don't have to do that.

So I guess the question is, should the game mechanics be changed so fighters can just fight and buy whatever else they need? (not counting rl $$$ purchases)

or you could try to play on just one character all the time instead of 2 and spend the time you gain for that only char to actually level another skill that will give you a profit? Or that will allow you to provide in your own needs for HE or SRs?

Every neg i dont take (as pursuing other skills is normally negatively affected by perks like HoS, HS, Anti, etc.), every pp i spend on nexus... they're all pp's my opponents will have that i wont.

Soz Dills but we're not looking to be mediocre PK'ers, we're looking to pwn.

In addition to this, training monster like MCW and Yeti requires a hell of a lot of pp's on attributes. To train at our levels (and it's actually under our levels btw), we need the pp's from those negs... barring mass pp buying.

Korrode, I know full well that you aim to be da shizzit, and I understand that. But lol.. I got to alch 90 mainly by mixing HEs, only started doing other stuff after that. Untill alch 90, it was very profitable to me. Even though I never used toads, I made heaps of gc from just making and selling the essences. What does it require? 2 whole inorganic nexus. I'm pretty sure that in one way or another, those can be obtained. Use your network to get you the resources if needed, or spend 1 day a week just restocking. that still leaves 6 others. Even when I was on some of my a/d levelling sprees, and even during the time when I was actually pretending to PK, I managed to upkeep my own stock of HE and other essences, no problem at all. This would be slightly affected by the mini harv events now, but not even too badly. Mixing the essies isn't what takes so much time.

Oh well, I'm talking to a deaf wall here anyways.. good luck with you're battle for this.. I'm off to enjoy the weather.

Peace

However, the game is designed to have the skills all be intertwined.

Really ??? I thought the game was designed to be classless, so players wernt forced to do things they didnt like and to be able to concentrate on those they do .... my bad

So I guess the question is, should the game mechanics be changed so fighters can just fight and buy whatever else they need? (not counting rl $$$ purchases)

Hmmm that's not quite the question Aisy...

People capable of OS'ing Yeti (/ACW/Trice) can already do this, in my mind the question more so is should the game mechanics be changed so one doesn't need 130's a/d + 140's OA to do this.

EDIT: Why is widespread competitive PK only an option for people playing like 3 years+ ? ...for some people obtaining such a/d/oa would take much longer than 3 years.

What does it require? 2 whole inorganic nexus. I'm pretty sure that in one way or another, those can be obtained.

Dills you forgot about the removal of HoS and HS... so that's 17 pp's.

A 2 pp disadvantage might be ok, but a 17 pp one? no way.

EDIT: We could always remove those neg perks that affect pursuing other skills... ofc it'd make actually training anything over DCW, maybe FCW, quite the bitch.

Edited by Korrode

Fighters want the game mechanics changed so they don't have to do that.

not a change in mechanics, like Korrode said fighters over 130s or 140s can already make profits by just fighting yeti/Ac/Trice, were just asking to let the same mechanics apply to us lower then yeti level.

this should have been done way sooner, then we wouldnt have sky high rosto prices now, or the mini-events.

then we would have been able to just spend some time killing that monster we usually train on with an OS for some nice Gc, and spend the $ we spended on goldfarmers in the shop for rosto's instead

Hmmm that's not quite the question Aisy...

People capable of OS'ing Yeti (/ACW/Trice) can already do this, in my mind the question more so is should the game mechanics be changed so one doesn't need 130's a/d + 140's OA to do this.

First let me say I'm not necessarily for or against either way. I think both have pros and cons and I'm sure there are many more I haven't thought of.

But what I see is everybody sees somebody suggest something better for feros or desert chims then they chime in with "hey! no fair what about cycs!" or "hey no fair, why should fighters not have to do anything else?!" and it goes on until the initial idea is a mess and nobody will end up with anything because ent gets annoyed at the whining and figures he will never please everybody anyway so why bother.

So the point of my post was maybe it would be beneficial to all of you that want to be fighters only, to have a couple people talk to ent and see if he even thinks the game should go in that direction, ie have fighters be able to earn enough items/gc from monster drops only at all levels (i guess pk drops aren't even an issue anymore) to be self sufficient enough that they don't need 1. Gold Farmers and 2. to do other skills they have no interest in doing.

If he sees that as something he wants for the game for fighters, then we will know whether your question or mine is the right one, and can save everybody a lot of time and energy suggesting stuff that will never happen. The problem with your question korrode, is we don't know for sure if that was an accident (yeti gc farmers making SO much) or intentional they get so much gc, or possibly that it would be easier for more people than he expected. Maybe it was supposed to be a reward only for people who make it to those abilities.