Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

Increased Gc drops from monsters

might sound rude, but you are blind wizzy, get that plate away from your face and see whats going on.

you either A) have no clue and just want to voice an opinion on something you have no clue about, or B: you havent been around long enough, dont get out of a cave or storage much to see that fighters arent earning any gc.

you might want to read through the topic again, you arent reading very well

instead of suggesting something that has been said a million times before and isnt working, suggest something good, post good criticism or stay out, your making a fool of yourself

oh http://s1.zetaboards.com/Unofficial_EL_For.../1163210/1/#new

ofc he is against it, he wouldnt earn $$ anymore from goldselling

Ok, clearly I am completely wrong and dont have a clue about this game.

And that 100k I sold went for a shop service, as I do like to support this game from time to time. Because I do play it and enjoy it, and have for almost 4 years now. Can you find any more posts? pms? of me selling gc's? No, I r too dam greedy to sell my gc's. I need every single one I have to enjoy this game :pickaxe:

When you need a loan call me kktybb

well its obvious you dont have a clue, you keep repeating the same suggestions others have for over 4 years, and its NOT working.

instead get a clue, and dont post, cause no1 has anything constructive to say against increasing gc it seems ^^

Edit: if you played for 4 years you would know gc got increased before, and it worked well for the economy

Edited by Sqwurl

well its obvious you dont have a clue, you keep repeating the same suggestions others have for over 4 years, and its NOT working.

instead get a clue, and dont post, cause no1 has anything constructive to say against increasing gc it seems ^^

Edit: if you played for 4 years you would know gc got increased before, and it worked well for the economy

Yep I dont have a clue. except for one thing I know for dam sure

There is only one person with a clue. Radu has logs, sees how many gc's come into game, how many go out, when items break, when rostos poof etc.

Do you really think he would be trying to get all these gc's out of game if he didnt think it was needed? He is adding things every week, do you really think he wants to add more gc's dropped? My god I might not be the sharpest tool, but at least I am in the Shed. I am saying if you feel like to cant make gc's then I can show you ways. Dushan has no problem, Tommy Knocker seems to be doing ok, I dont see any other pure fighters saying they are broke. I have guildies, that all they do is fight, and they have Millions of gc's saved. Why is it so hard for you? Maybe your the one with out a clue here? Because I am sorry m8, seems to me if you have long time experince playing this game, you learn ways to make the gc's you need. I am not an economist, and I am going to guess, nither are you. SO please dont tell me what is good for the economy, as neither of us has the logs to show that all players are going bankrupt, and harvestor guilds like genX are out of work beging for bread on IP. All I am saying, is are ways to make gc;s and if you cant figure them out, they it is j0 that dont have a clue m8. Please dont assume to understand all things in game with out the logs about the real in-game economy. I dont pretend to for sure. All I know, is when I NEED gc's I go out and make them. I dont whine about it.

so your saying Radu knows all about economics?

before he didnt want to increase it either, we had to make a topic like now and convince him to, and it worked great

im not whining about it, just making a suggestion, maybe you should grow up and make some valid statements instead.

and i know how to make gc, buy from goldfarmers to increase your rosto prices :P

seeing how all of EL whines about goldfarmers causing inflation this seems to be the only viable solution, if not why dont you suggest something that does work for everyone and isnt suggested thousands of times before without success.

anyway your correct about not being the sharpest tool though, seems i need to make a drawing to explain to you that what you are saying isnt working

Serping something below your levels for Gc has been suggested thousand times before, people refuse to do that and rather get EXP and Gc by buying Gc, which is causing inflation for everyone.

if Serping lower monsters suggestion isnt working, then its common sense to look for other ways, instead of being dumb and keep suggesting it over and over

counts for harving too, they dont want to do that and prefer to buy Gc

Edited by Sqwurl

so your saying Radu knows all about economics?

before he didnt want to increase it either, we had to make a topic like now and convince him to, and it worked great

im not whining about it, just making a suggestion, maybe you should grow up and make some valid statements instead.

and i know how to make gc, buy from goldfarmers to increase your rosto prices :P

seeing how all of EL whines about goldfarmers causing inflation this seems to be the only viable solution, if not why dont you suggest something that does work for everyone and isnt suggested thousands of times before without success.

anyway your correct about not being the sharpest tool though, seems i need to make a drawing to explain to you that what you are saying isnt working

I am saying he knows more about the economic situation in game then any player could possibly know. As he has information that we all lack right?

yeah, and he said on ch6 sometime more Gc entered the game by NPCs then monster drops, meaning mixers getting loads of Gc and fighters getting less

Fighters should be getting more and that gc should go to mixers, instead of giving mixers numerous ways to get rich and get exp and keeping fighters poor resorting to Gc buying

edit: he might have the logs but he lacks price checks in-game, checking who's a fighter, how much they earn and spend is too much work to check

Edited by Sqwurl

yeah, and he said on ch6 sometime more Gc entered the game by NPCs then monster drops, meaning mixers getting loads of Gc and fighters getting less

Fighters should be getting more and that gc should go to mixers, instead of giving mixers numerous ways to get rich and get exp and keeping fighters poor resorting to Gc buying

edit: he might have the logs but he lacks price checks in-game, checking who's a fighter, how much they earn and spend is too much work to check

A question. how many gc's come into game from drop weapons, drop books, dropped pots? These all add up pretty fast. Those tit axe consturtion books yes?

from weapons not much, i have never seen fluffs and up drop weapons that actually sell

pots//books add up, but is it enough to cover expenses?

from weapons not much, i have never seen fluffs and up drop weapons that actually sell

pots//books add up, but is it enough to cover expenses?

For some people it is, I guess for others it is not? anyhow, Like I have said a few times now, I do see where your coming from, and I do understand how expensive items are in this game. I get it. However, to go back to try to explain my point of view on this, is that there has always been a relationship to the amount of gc's you make, and the amount of experince earned.

your right, but people dont like that they have to sacrifice exp for gc, or gc for exp.

we could keep the amount of gc entering the game now as it is, but shift it more to fighter side, let npc's buy items for less, and give fighters more gc from monsters they train.

fighters get more, but that always goes to mixers anyway, so mixers would keep the same amount of income while fighters have a bit more to spend.

making selling to actual players more attractive, more interacting between players which is good in a mmorpg, have fighters more to spend, mixers keep the same income and everyone should be happy.

Edited by Sqwurl

I will only comment on Mcw since that is what I train atm (and Dcw/Fcw drop more)

Imo the max amount of Gc doesnt need to be higher, what needs to be changed is the lower point, which will hopefully make a higher average Gc drop overall

Im not sure what the max Gc drop for a mcw is (but its not high) but the lowest is 0 (no drop), Imo they should drop EVERY time. Now if the max drop is 50 I would suggest the lowest is 35+ (which isnt uber GC drops but atlot better than now)

or

Remove the special drops from mcw (Ts pots, books, Tit long) and replace that with a higher max possible GC drop Ie: a range of 50-150

Edit: This should be the same for all mobs, a trade off between special drops and gc, if a higher max GC drop is wanted then the chance to find a special drop (book,armour,nmt,sword etc) should be lowered or removed

Note: Before people say "serp them for money" its not worth it... serping for a 2 gc drop, people would be better off going and hogging a lower players troll or fluff (which I do sometimes and really really annoys them :P )

i train mchim too,and this iz great idea

Back in the "good old days" when there was no expensive pr0 stuff I already had to mix a bit to make ends meet because i couldn't live from just monster drops.

Since then i've been on Yeti for a long time and i can make a living serping them and AC + the occasional giant, but i can't help wonder how those people that are on Fluff, Feros end Chims do it.

Also:

Yeti drops and gc used to be a lot better...back in those days i made a lot of gc but spend a lot aswell.

I used to buy large stocks of HES, SRS and other essence + spare armours, COLs etc.

Nowadays i have to watch what i'm doing a lot more...and if smth breaks...you feel it.

There are no skills that come even remotely close to the amount of overall experience you can get from a/d-ing.

Harvest - Hardly an OA skill due to its 120/hr limitations. Even if the 120/hr limit wasn't there, harv speeds dictate you'd never see the amount of experience kicking (your-level) critters does.

Alch/Potion - Possible to get some gc, but once you're at high levels you're talking an incredible amount of mixing to get an OA. Not to mention all the time spent harvesting to get the ings, or killing your income by buying ings if they're available to buy at all. (OMG, trade-off of gc for exp!) And still, an a/d-er will get an OA long before an alcher or potter.

Crafting - Only way to be profitable is to self-harv, meaning slower leveling than alch/pot, which means even that much more slower leveling than an a/d-er.

Manu - Good luck being profitable, and if you're leveling it you're doing helms which means your net profit is negative. (OMG, trade-off of gc for exp!)

Engineering - Still not profitable from what I've seen so far, slow leveling, nowhere near a/d-leveling speed.

Summoning - Until you're making stones, profit is negative. When you finally get up to making stones... well, I can't speak on that, but considering NPCs sell most stones cheaper than it would cost to make them, I'm doubting this is a profit area. or a fast leveler.

Magic/Ranging/Tailoring - No way to make a profit, and slow to level as well. (No profit and little experience!)

So what do people who have chosen these skills do when they're needing OAs to get pickpoints? We a/d because it's the only fast way to get one. Otherwise we spend days on end mixing to get a pickpoint that an a/d-er would get in 1/4 of the time or less. If I need a pickpoint, I go kick fluffies, not sit and mix HEs or whatever. At a loss, but I found ways to pay for it.

The point: Mixers may have better gc, but fighters have much better access to pickpoints/OA leveling. There's your trade-off. If mixers have to go fight to get their pickpoints in a reasonable amount of time, then fighters can stop what they're doing and earn their gc.

OMG, you actually have to stop having a one-track mind for a while. Oh no, it's the end of the world as we know it and you don't feel fine! (OMG, R.E.M. reference from a metalhead, the world is definitely coming to an end!)

That's your trade-off, you want to fight all the time, you get the (much easier in comparison) OAs with less gc. You want to mix, you get the potential for better gc at the expense of (much slower in comparison) OAs/pickpoints. A healthy player finds a way to combine those to make it work. It's called tactics, something that isn't limited to fighting.

I find it hilarious that people say harvers are the only whiners when threads like this show up...

if there is an invasion for special days or to keep your 1-click multi harvest no1 is complaining fighters get more exp/oa ^^

i suggest you read the topic again, ive said multiple times fighters dont want to sacrifice exp for gc, thats why they buy gc to keep having both

you might not agree with that and think they should do differently, but its being said for 4 years and they arent listening, whats going to change their mind suddenly?

anyway, i think that if NPCs bought for less and monsters would drop more we'd have a good economy.

as it is now harvers harv ingreds and sell to mixers, who then make items having them linger around in sto, or undercut others to be able to make a sale to a fighter who might be able to purchase it.

when fighters get extra Gc they can buy more from mixers, increasing their amount of customers stopping undercutting.

you dont need to undercut if there are lots of others you can sell to right?

chain as it is: Harvers get ingreds -> Mixers mix the ingreds for items -> fighters use those

Gc flow should be the opposite: fighters -- gc goes to --> mixers -- mixers gc goes to --> harvers.

right now NPCs and fighters are at the bottom of the gc flow chain, most coming from NPCs while fighters are being kept poor, NPCs have infinite Gc and dont complain if they buy/sell less and they wont quit or buy from goldsellers.

players (fighters) do on the other hand (if a potential customer quits its no good for economy, or if they buy from goldfarmers its not good either), so its best to give them more spending power and decrease Gc from NPCs.

Edited by Sqwurl

GD2D has a good point about xp vs GC which would come into play IF fighters were asking for millions of GC in profit, but unless I have missed it they are not.

To me anyway its not about each mob dropping 5k GC but just having creatures drop GC based on their strength would be nice ( get 3 gc from a Mcw, 10 from a Giant or 26 Gc from a Dragon and you will know what Im on about)

Note: Best ways for fighters to make money atm is instances.. team of 6 fighters + 1 mule can make 30-50k (based on no breakage of items) each in just over an hour, but even then if we go more than once per weekend we get accused of farming :D

Edited by conavar

So fighters should get both the most gc and the (incredibly overwhelming compared to mix/harv) most experience.

Compromise, you get more gc, but the experience you get fighting drops to the level of the best a mixer could get. (And ouch, that would really hurt.)

Any other way is handing things to fighters on a silver platter. Hardly a way to handle balancing in a multi-skill game.

what Con says, just wanna be able to cover the basic costs, training supplies/gear, with having the ability to save up a bit for other stuff.

off-topic(?): *sigh* cuisses degraded and need to repair, 26k in sto.. hope heavy fixes them or ill need to look for a goldfarmer, resupplying He/Sr soon aswell :<

Edit: on-topic though, yeah GD2D it is a multiskill game, but look at the main page of EL, you can be whatever you want to be, meaning you could do w/e you wanna do, including only being 1 thing.

might need to be changed to "in order to be something you need to do harvesting for Gc though"

Edited by Sqwurl

To me anyway its not about each mob dropping 5k GC but just having creatures drop GC based on their strength would be nice ( get 3 gc from a Mcw, 10 from a Giant or 26 Gc from a Dragon and you will know what Im on about)

This is honestly no different than the mix/harv skills.

Is an alcher making a buttload of money off of high-level alch items, or is the primary income lower-level stuff like HEs?

Is a potter making a buttload of money off of high-level potting items that few buy, or is their primary income lower-level stuff like SRs?

Is a harvester getting more money selling high-level harvs, or is there better income from low-level iron/silver/etc.?

While I'm in no way a "high-level fighter", I do understand what you're saying as it's still fresh in my mind how ogres were profitable compared to clops and now fluffies. I could easily have gone through the entire ogre phase without doing anything else but fighting thanks to the drops. No way I could have done that with clops, and no way I'm doing it now with fluffies. But I chalk it up to the cost of experience.

Everything is not going to be profitable (several skills prove this, as well as quite a few items in each skill), and part of the tactics of this game is finding that "sweet spot" where you can most effectively gain experience and earn enough profit to keep getting that experience.

Edit: on-topic though, yeah GD2D it is a multiskill game, but look at the main page of EL, you can be whatever you want to be, meaning you could do w/e you wanna do, including only being 1 thing.

might need to be changed to "in order to be something you need to do harvesting for Gc though"

Rangers, tailors, and most-likely manuers and engineers are giving you a very evil eye at the moment. :P

Edited by GoodDay2Die

@GD2D

You talk about how fighters get more OA exp and that's the trade off.

Once you get to Chims+ just having phys and coord doesn't cut it (unlike for a mixer of which reas or inst are luxury and not required to pursue their skill)... the more pp's from high OA fighters have is a requirement to continue the skill, them getting more OA exp is not an advantage, it's balanced.

I cant believe people are dense enough to not see the basic logic of:

Give fighters more gc = they burn more resources.

There are no downsides, lol.

Edited by Korrode

potters/alchers could make money with high lvl stuff, as it is now fighters cant afford to buy anything other then He/Sr/armors.

buying/selling is market though, if you cant make a buttload of money with selling stuff thats supply/demand, mixing skills rely on supply/demand to make money

profit of fighting isnt supply/demand based, however the fighters can increase demand (if they get enough gc) of your higher lvl'ed items, so you have a wider variety of things to make without worrying about it being able to sell.

as korrode says, there are no downsides. sure we might get more gc, but that ends up with mixers anyway, fighters get more to spend - they are happy, mixers get more customers for wider variety of items other then He/Sr, good for mixers.

no complaining "omg useless item, i wont make it, it doesnt sell" or from fighter side "omg, worthless item, too expensive, wont buy it"

another edit: or do you wanna keep the current system? we buy from goldfarmers cause inflation and Entropy adds more things like mini-events hurting harvers/mixers? :P

Edited by Sqwurl

People still dont get what we want, let me explain it in very simple words otherwise the thing upon your head which you use it as a flower vase wont get it.

We, who choose to be fighter's, want to earn our living by only fighting, like an alcher can earn his living by only alching.

@GD2D, you talk about getting too much experience from fighting, you can make the highest level pot with 80 pot level and 48 p/c, so please go kill a dragon or yeti or even a mcw with 80 a/d and only 48/48 p/c please. Now GoodDay2ShutUp for you.

-Kaddy

rofl, you can't compare things like that, potion is much slower to lvl than a/d, 80s pot will get you to top 50 for potion, and top 50 for a/d is 130 a/d :P

rofl, you can't compare things like that, potion is much slower to lvl than a/d, 80s pot will get you to top 50 for potion, and top 50 for a/d is 130 a/d :P

I know a friend got 80 pot in 7 months, please get 130 a/d in 7 months and we talk again then, alright?

Edited by Kaddy

we need exp cause there is always a monster to fight next, you dont need as much as us cause at 80's of any other skill you can basicly make anything you want