Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cruella

GP Archery Range

FYI, there is a problem with the archery range that Radu promised to fix in the next server update. Until then I'd recommend not to use it since you'll be missing more than intended and you will lose more arrows with no exp.

btw it is now fixed - so the target is easier to hit...

On ranging day it is used - rest of the time probably not - the token is costly

Yup, I use it semi-regularly (when I have the spare gc). 1840 EMU as a mule brings in lots of bolts, including the glyph and food reduces the "entry fee" to about 60% of what it would be without muling.

Granted, if you're leveling a mule you're already tossing a ton of gc into a sink so a little "discount" here in there is well-deserved. :)

Even without the mule though, would probably use it anyway. Since maps weren't designed with ranging in mind, it's worth it to not have the hassle of trying to find a good ranging spot only to have some newbie(s) come by and start killing every possible target. :pickaxe:

Edit: I've also seen a few others come and go on my trips there, so it's getting some use, even outside of the ranging day.

And arena tokens make great gifts for that ranging friend of yours. ;)

Edited by GoodDay2Die

It's easier to hit but you get less exp. This is good for the starters, for me its bad (i think).

After doing some testing at night ( not just 700bolts)

- with 0 distance in direct line, I have hit rate of 100% , a few levels back i got 1.3exp /bolt

when i did more distance (1~3 steps) i got ~1.2 exp /bolt how further away the worser the exp.

- Now i get 1.2exp /bolt 100% guaranty.

when i get more distance exp rate drops because of the missing

* I like the Range school but when the exp is dropping when you get an higher level then at some point, I have to quit going there.

but we will see when next exp goes -1 , meybe I get 100% with 1 step distance, but I don't think that is going to happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what i found out about the arching school. But i realize its personal stats, on my built. etc etc

the school is used but not very much, its very costly, but ok its very easy and fast.

And for those lazy a** rich peeps, a great place to spend all your saved million's on it :whistle: !!!

:happy:

It's easier to hit but you get less exp. This is good for the starters, for me its bad (i think).

After doing some testing at night ( not just 700bolts)

- with 0 distance in direct line, I have hit rate of 100% , a few levels back i got 1.3exp /bolt

when i did more distance (1~3 steps) i got ~1.2 exp /bolt how further away the worser the exp.

- Now i get 1.2exp /bolt 100% guaranty.

when i get more distance exp rate drops because of the missing

* I like the Range school but when the exp is dropping when you get an higher level then at some point, I have to quit going there.

but we will see when next exp goes -1 , meybe I get 100% with 1 step distance, but I don't think that is going to happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what i found out about the arching school. But i realize its personal stats, on my built. etc etc

the school is used but not very much, its very costly, but ok its very easy and fast.

And for those lazy a** rich peeps, a great place to spend all your saved million's on it :whistle: !!!

:happy:

Radu has confirmed that the chance to hit is directly related to the exp.

Therefore - you should get the same exp overall - regardless of distance. (Or roughly)

The best advice I can say is :-

Shoot from as far away as you can, whilst achieving 100% hits.

This advice has been confirmed by extensive testing by the top 2 in ranging.... (and I just copied)

It was interesting on the last ranging day I caught, that the two rangers standing closer to the target were the Cruella and myself.