Eternal Lands Official Forums
Starlite

Mini Harv Events

Hulda isnt what it used to be anymore either...

Seems like the drops from AC got reduced (EFE/serp stones/ELE) + the new Yeti drop less aswell (gc and drops).

I can make 17k gc per hour there (usually less).

then deduct cost of 90 srs and 300 hes and your left with less then 14k per hour + maybe if your lucky a drop.

So in theory you could make 120-140k there in 10 hours of pure training...BUT...if something breaks which happens a lot with ACW then its a lot less.

Besides...who has the time or motivation to train 10 hours a day :s

Edited by Ambrosius

who has the time or motivation to train 10 hours a day :s

people from eatern europe :medieval:

Edited by Peach

Seems like the drops from AC got reduced (EFE/serp stones/ELE) + the new Yeti drop less aswell (gc and drops).

then deduct cost of 90 srs and 300 hes and your left with less then 14k per hour + maybe if your lucky a drop.

So in theory you could make 120-140k there in 10 hours of pure training...BUT...if something breaks which happens a lot with ACW then its a lot less.

Don't forget it's PK map and people can harm you for 100 damage so you have to use MI or TS all time. Thats another 3k gc per hour.

Don't forget it's PK map and people can harm you for 100 damage so you have to use MI or TS all time. Thats another 3k gc per hour.

True,

even more so now you can actually see if someone has MI or not

and yeti's mostly taken, and Hulda being checked by pk'ers to invis harm.

but you can make a nice profit off of farming yeti's and that gives decent exp, cause those are around the farmers levels

fighters who train on fluff - chims though cant farm for good gc.

from mountain chims to yeti there is an increase in max 200gc, why not spread it out more evenly so that every fighter can farm something around their lvls?

like mountain chim 150gc max, forest chim 100gc max, Dc 75gc max, fluffs 50gc max?

from mountain chims to yeti there is an increase in max 200gc, why not spread it out more evenly so that every fighter can farm something around their lvls?

like mountain chim 150gc max, forest chim 100gc max, Dc 75gc max, fluffs 50gc max?

That's not a bad idea.

Along with this Sqwurl's idea is some of the rare drops, while I'm not talking about the rare drops like the 3 special sword books, but things like the weapons, armors, etc can be increased a little since these items could be sold to npcs or players as well. I am also not talking about major increases, but if the chance of item is something like 1/100, maybe make it 5/100 or something.

That's not a bad idea.

That would make me want to play a bit more.

I have a question for the players claiming that: "Omfg, resource shortage".

Tell me, was there any time you weren't able to buy enough swords? Or enough armor? Or HEs?

Or by resource shortage you mean: "I won't be able to gain 20 levels in potion in just 3 weeks"?

certainly there is always enough swords and armour but sometimes i struggle to get hes. i can often 2k off a bot but i never really find anyone selling like big 20k batches. id happily pay 150kgc for 20k hes but i currently can't find anyone who would do that for me.

and a big load of aes is also quite hard to come by.

and as for increasing gc drops from mobs i think its a great idea, a little bit of fiscal stimulus might just sort everything out, unlike in real life :P

Edited by anima

certainly there is always enough swords and armour but sometimes i struggle to get hes. i can often 2k off a bot but i never really find anyone selling like big 20k batches. id happily pay 150kgc for 20k hes but i currently can't find anyone who would do that for me.

Don't think that has anything to do with the topic of this thread. The most common HE-sell ads on market have always been 10k or less. Alchers usually sell long before we've made 20k. If you were getting that many without specifically ordering them, it was a rare event, you got lucky.

But that you can't find 20k now to buy has nothing to do with the harv events. There hasn't even been enough time since they were implemented to harv the ings for that many and make them, short of someone being on 24/7. 20k HEs = 40k of silver to harv, that alone is a couple days of harving.

Edited by GoodDay2Die

Don't think that has anything to do with the topic of this thread. The most common HE-sell ads on market have always been 10k or less. Alchers usually sell long before we've made 20k. If you were getting that many without specifically ordering them, it was a rare event, you got lucky.

But that you can't find 20k now to buy has nothing to do with the harv events. There hasn't even been enough time since they were implemented to harv the ings for that many and make them, short of someone being on 24/7. 20k HEs = 40k of silver to harv, that alone is a couple days of harving.

I make never HE - reason is the cooldown on food, it make it very boring.

AE, Ene, WE , FE, Matter ess sell as soon as I have them on market, often do 5-6 pm me.

yea im not really linking it to this change, radu asked if there was ever a time i could not get the hes i wanted and the answer is yes. i guess i can buy "enough", i just like buying in big chunks and not having to worry about it for ages.

Along with this Sqwurl's idea is some of the rare drops, while I'm not talking about the rare drops like the 3 special sword books, but things like the weapons, armors, etc can be increased a little since these items could be sold to npcs or players as well. I am also not talking about major increases, but if the chance of item is something like 1/100, maybe make it 5/100 or something.

rare drops should stay rare, besides depending how much extra weapons and armors come into the game by monster drops that way mixers could lose some customers

if Ent decides to make it more balanced like that giving everyone something to farm of their own lvls then we should be gratefull we can get something extra, not ask for more rare drops.

although that would be pretty nice though :> but we dont want to overflood the market with rare things

Entropy,

TYVM for taking the time to break down my whole post with answers and additional information. Honestly I expected the post to be simply skimmed and most questions be largely unanswered because I am sure (like a lot of us) that there are a million ans a half other things to occupy your time.

In short, fighting is exciting, mixing and manuing are engaging, harvesting is boring. Harvesting is absolutely vital to advance in the game, therefore you have to spend many hours harvesting. If you are forced to stay at your screen constantly for all those harvesting hours, how many people are going to also have the few hours it takes to mix everything? Plenty of people won't even make to the end of their harvesting endeavors because of boredom. Who wants to play a game that is only fun for small chunks of time?

If you have fun all the time, it eventually becomes boring. It's the same as eating a good food every day, eventually you get bored by it. You need variation too, you need to work for the fun.

I'd just like to clarify that I agree that fun all the time eventually becomes the norm and no longer 'fun'. Sorry if it seemed like I was saying that EL should be a happy fun party at all times (which it totally can be when all your good friends are on all at once to distract you :P ). Of course work makes the fun bits of the game extra fun, I was just trying to maintain the idea of keeping a balance between the tedious but skill necessary work and the awesome and player retention necessary fun parts.

1. Slightly reduce the frequency of the mini events
Yes, I am planning to do that.

\o/ Thats awesome! I think that will help to keep that balance between work and fun if the mini events are reduced enough.

I really do hope that you are able to find a happy medium solution for all the problems that are being discussed here.

yea im not really linking it to this change, radu asked if there was ever a time i could not get the hes i wanted and the answer is yes. i guess i can buy "enough", i just like buying in big chunks and not having to worry about it for ages.

Well, I meant in reasonable quantities. 20K is a lot, and as others pointed, you need to ask someone in advance for that.

I find the mini harv events very frustrating tbh. Harvesting was one of the things that you could do whilst making a phone call, getting a cup of coffee etc.

Ok you took a chance by harving afk and if an invasion happened while you were dung mining, then hard luck (happened to me more than once). And harving afk may not be in the spirit of the game but it IS a reality for most players. And I can see how this may frustrate anyone macro'ing. But I have never macro'd and it pisses me off too.

My problem isn't so much with the mini harv events but the frequency: It seems that every few seconds one occurs. The mini harv events have only been implemented a short while, but I have found myself on many occasions coming back to EL from answering the door/feeding the dog/squeezing a large, nasty one etc, to out to find that 20 minutes after starting to harv Yew I have harved only 3 or 4 before a mini event halted the harvesting.

Quite often, this is so frustrating that I simply log off EL and go play another game

I don't think mini events are a bad idea per se, I just think the implementation needs to be re-examined.

And harving afk may not be in the spirit of the game but it IS a reality for most players.

So is slavery (IRL). It's not in the spirit of mankind, but it happens. That doesn't mean we should not try to end it, now does it? :P

To reiterate: All the other skills require you to be more or less playing the game, I see no reason why harvesting shouldn't.

Speaking of other games, did you find any where you can harvest afk?

I doubt people are meaning AFK as in away from keyboard..

It's dam boring watching your character harvest, so many people visit forums, read news etc while your avatar is filling his EMU up. With the new events, this has been almost impossible to do at the same time. There has always been events, but now its atleast 3 times more frequent..

Before you could check the EL screen every minute, now you gotta do it every 10th second.

Edited by HeLLRaiZeR

Speaking of other games, did you find any where you can harvest afk?

Some MUD's allow something like that, by allowing MUD clients with macros, which can be used as an auto harvester (and for other things too, like automated drinking and eating and such).

Piper

That's not a bad idea.

I unequivocally agree.

Well someone has pulled the proverbial rabbit outa the ideas hat and come up with a method that deals with mini harvest events AND all the other stuff I laid down as a challenge for.

check out the idea here:-

Mini event medallion

Please state whether you think this would work or not and if you would invest some $ in getting some of these meds, thanks.

And unless someone can come up with something else thats equally able to cover all the bases like this does, I think we have a winner of my challenge. Will leave it to you all and to Radu to decide though before I offer my 3 hours slavery prize.

Before going further, I just wanted to say this: I am not critisizing, complaining, or otherwise, just stating my reasons for this thought...

rare drops should stay rare, besides depending how much extra weapons and armors come into the game by monster drops that way mixers could lose some customers

if Ent decides to make it more balanced like that giving everyone something to farm of their own lvls then we should be gratefull we can get something extra, not ask for more rare drops.

although that would be pretty nice though :> but we dont want to overflood the market with rare things

Well, I'm not saying make the real "rares" more common, I'm just referring to things like iron broads, steel longs, unicorn meds, leather armor, etc... (currently when training I'm on Fem Orcs), things that middle levels can sell for gc.

I'll admit to doing a lot of harv'ing of titanium ore so I can get gc at the npc, but that's so I can go and buy things (typically from other npcs). Right now, I'm in major need of pofs. When I buy, I typically go far large quantities, and from my experience, spending some time harv'ing titanium is quicker than a/d training on fem orcs for getting the same amount of gc.

Also: I don't have spare $$$ to spend (I apologize Radu, otherwise I'd be buying some bricks...), so a lot of the options involving P2P, buying gear from EL Store, etc, don't help me much.

And as a parting thought, I do appreciate the changes Radu/Ent has made, while some of them I do not completely understand the reason, most of the changes have helped in some manner. And I also appreciate the time and effort it take to make a game like this, and I would hate to see anything happen because of the few "rotten apples" that exploit things like this.

Ok I'm gonna take a shot at this and see if it comes out coherent.

Also, do you do any other skills in El while you surf the web? If not, why do you think you should be able to harvest?
The fighters do MUCH more work than the harvesters, and there is considerably more risk involved. They actually have to be there every second of it (except for PvPing), and they don't complain.
Well, you said you were AFK killing them.

If you weren't AFK while killing yetis, it is not called killing them AFK, no?

I think the break down here is the idea of AFK vs. Semi-AFK. In my experience in EL every skill but ranging can be done in a state of Semi-AFK. Yes including A/D. I can surf the web and watch a movie and still fight. I can surf the web and watch a movie and craft. Yes I have died doing both because I got distracted, but I've also died harvesting to lenny and invasions. But I generally pick places where it's remote or a guildie is close by to help with a db run. Is the risk in harvesting lower? I'd say yes most of the time. But I also heard a few months back about assessing the locations of all harvestables in EL this year(will look for forum link). Perhaps this is a better approach then harvest spam. Value of item should be equal to the difficulty of acquiring that item. And perhaps this would be a good way to address this issue.

A good example of this is Silver, with the removal of silver from Trassian there is now slightly more risk/time involved in acquiring silver. MM mine has invasions and many people and further from sto, Iscalrith has yetis or a longer route. This to me leads to better game play there is a reason the price is going up. It is harder to get. Perhaps this could be used to further discourage gold farming or afk harvesting. Maybe places that have resources that people farm the spawns nearby should have a chance of spawning a invasion type monster. They don't all have to be super strong like the mare, but enough to where it adds slightly more risk Say a Queen Goblin in MM. It's not announced by GIWS and those truly AFK would be caught off guard, perhaps it only targets those AFK(if possible, doubtful tho). To me these kinds of fixes add to the game, they make it more interesting. Being stopped every single min. of harvesting doesn't add much if anything. Being stopped by a sudden attack is much more interesting even having to find a remote place to harvest in a large virtual world is more interesting as it adds to the idea of the world.

In fact, some yeti gold farmers can make up to 300Kgc a day profit.
You can still make 100Kgc a day from fighting not in Hulda, yes?

Really? I mean I've always guessed that higher lvl fighting was more profitable then any mixing skill but that's insane! Not only is it way more XP then any other skill, But that much more gc too? And less time? I don't know about others but to make that much gc crafting/alching/harvesting would take me awhile unless I bought all my ing. from others and then my profit margin is very low, if any at all, so to truly make the same amount would take just as long if I bought from others as if I harvested myself. Which is why the mini events are so annoying to me. They may not add much time at first but over a long period of time they will add up. Projects go from days to weeks and then months.... I do large projects already 10k+ is generally how I think. Doing 10k rings of evtr or glacmor takes alot of harvesting when you make everything from the fe to the final ring.

1. Slightly reduce the frequency of the mini events

Yes, I am planning to do that.

I so hope that you do or include another method of reducing them medallion or cape available in shop as mentioned before or monthly fee whatever.

I think the break down here is the idea of AFK vs. Semi-AFK. In my experience in EL every skill but ranging can be done in a state of Semi-AFK. Yes including A/D. I can surf the web and watch a movie and still fight. I can surf the web and watch a movie and craft. Yes I have died doing both because I got distracted, but I've also died harvesting to lenny and invasions. But I generally pick places where it's remote or a guildie is close by to help with a db run.

And are you saying that now, with the mini events, you can't even take your eyes off the screen for a second?

Really? I mean I've always guessed that higher lvl fighting was more profitable then any mixing skill but that's insane! Not only is it way more XP then any other skill, But that much more gc too? And less time? I don't know about others but to make that much gc crafting/alching/harvesting would take me awhile unless I bought all my ing. from others and then my profit margin is very low, if any at all, so to truly make the same amount would take just as long if I bought from others as if I harvested myself. Which is why the mini events are so annoying to me. They may not add much time at first but over a long period of time they will add up. Projects go from days to weeks and then months.... I do large projects already 10k+ is generally how I think. Doing 10k rings of evtr or glacmor takes alot of harvesting when you make everything from the fe to the final ring.

Umm, that was the gross income, not the net. The net is probably 2/3 of that, depending on your luck, skill, tactics, free spawns, and so on. But obviously a fighter has to work MUCH harder than a harvester, and spend much more money than a harvester, so it seems reasonable for them to be able to get more money at higher levels, no?