Eternal Lands Official Forums
Starlite

Mini Harv Events

Personally I quite like the events break up the boredom of harvesting. At least they are all positive events

there are too many, i counted 82 harvest events on 3500 toads (there were more though, ingame chatlog didn't go back far enough for me to count everything so, i think its more like about 100 on 3500) ^^

I think it just depends whether you want to play or afk. imo is a great game and I prefer to play. I guess unlike some I dont have the opportunity to afk harvest at work, I would get fired! Only niggle I have so far is trying to harvest and read forums at same time, so wouldnt object if rate of events slowed down a little but if not I can live with it. It sure levels the playing field. :(

Well Imo give it a couple of days, give Radu "positive" feedback and not moaning threads, since it is still new and Im sure if the events happen to much they can be tweaked lower

First of all I don't gold farm, neither I buy gold, nor I sell it, and I would never do it.

But lots of my game play experience is based on AFK harvesting, while being at work, or at home watching TV, preparing a meal or doing anything else. There is a reason for that, and it's is that the game needs huge quantities of ingredients to level (And let's not talk about profit), so I really won't play *non* AFK while getting 40k sapphires to level just a bit of crafting (And let's not talk about silver), that would just be completely nuts and non sense for me (and probably for lots of other people).

Make ~206 trips to sapphires along 24-30 hours while taking care of making my character harvesting again each 5 seconds and watching the grass grow (as some one stated before) it's not exactly my idea of fun.

So I really think it's not that I'm playing the game in the wrong way, I think that the way the game is designed forces me and other people to play exactly that way.

And sadly, I think the AFK way of playing is more a good feature than a problem, because I would never dedicate as much as 24-30 game play hours to harvest *non* AFK 40k sapphires, I have hundreds of better things to do *non* AFK than that. But I'm willing to spend the same amount of time and even a bit more to get those ingredients being AFK while doing other RL things. That is one of the appealing of the game, that is in deed one of the reasons of why I still play after more than a year. I can play without being there 100% of the time, just some clicks from time to time, so no big deal or no big waste of RL time at the end.

And I can handle a bad astro day when I have normal events each minute, cause I know it's just a bad day... but this is like having a hell day every day.

I really like the new mini events. Perfect solution to gc farming alts. Pr0 idea by Radu. :(

Pr0 idea to do what? Make an already very difficult and unbalanced game even more difficult and unbalanced? I think the following suggestion from Marikei of having one char connected at the same time would be lots of times better than this one:

Personally I think the only way he is going to have the income he requires to run this game is to limit us to one character each.

Currently the game is so hard that the only way it's really currently playable for many mixers is harvesting AFK, or any one have any other solution to “harvesting 16k silver ore to get 2k silver bars just to get only a bit of crafting experience later?”. Or It's just an attempt to fix the gc farming problem making live annoying for lots of players?

Also, part of the attraction of the game is that you can get the resources you need at work and use them when you get home. This is something to consider. If you don't consider this "playing the game", a lot of recipes may need to be toned down in the amount of harvestables they require.

Yes, if we have to stop each 5 seconds harvesting then most recipes should be tuned to need less ingredients and also give more experience. That would be the only way this could make a little sense.

Those events don't bring anything good, they only make harvesting even more annoying imo.

This is to prevent from AFK harvesting, to fight against gold farmers so people will buy from shop instead of buying from players. But this penalizes people not selling gold and "regular players" too.

I agree with ermabwed, this is annoying, i also think it will not help against gold farmers. The biggest goldfarmers are fighters, not harvesters. Do not forget this.

Agreed, that will not fix gold farmers problems, that is the worst possible solution to gold farmers ever, the one that affects the more quantity innocent of people possible.

Although I took advantage of afk harving (playing from PC at my office) I believe I can adjust to this

I won't, cause my progress in game will be probably 10 times slower than now (and currently I believe it's slow enough), cause as I stated before I won't spend 24-30 hours non AFK just to get 40k sapphires, it makes non sense.

And about prices going up... sure, count on it, there is no way I'll sell HEs, SRs and other stuff at the prices I sold them before, I prefer to don't sell or to make some deals with NPCs than to sell at the prices I did before to other players.

My two cents.

PS: I probably wrote this post a bit acid, so please don't take personally, it's just I'm a bit pissed off with my harvesting being interrupted ~ 100 times just while I wrote this post.

I really like of this new mini-harvest events. :(

I know that some ppl will not like it, but at least for me now, harvesting its not so boring anymore... :)

And more exp and gcs its always welcome IMO.

well ... some say Radu dont like bitchin on forums ... but where can we say our oppinion or expression about things?

i understand that Radu is really pissed about things.. but a GC coming from harvesting is much much lover than from Yeti, dragon farming. that is 1.

i was going to complayn... but whats the point ? still i was playing El when we had to clicky click for each harved ore etc... but Radu should remember what this brought.. macroing! thats why the harving system was changed, no ?

blah i dont know anymore what im saying... i dont like these mini maxi events. i better go serp some mobs, get gc and buy all frikin ings. no more harving !!

omg, I damnly *hate* these, i'm having the feeling i keep clicking since i logged in and started harvesting.

This update needs major adjustment ... that's too boring to remain playable ... harvesting was difficult already ... too many events kills the skill

Piojosnos completely voiced my thoughts, I have nothing more to add.

Maybe it'll end up a good addition, maybe it let Entropy achieve his goals. Maybe the world adapts to that and it'll all end up good. I've really appreciated the possiblilty to do some other things while harvesting or to chat with my guildies and friedns at my leasure. I've ended up as one of the most dedicated afkers (those who know me can confirm :)).

For now the change is a mayor pain in the behind for me, but if it'll really manage to achieve what it's meant to it's not too high price to pay.

Piojosnos completely voiced my thoughts, I have nothing more to add.

Maybe it'll end up a good addition, maybe it let Entropy achieve his goals. Maybe the world adapts to that and it'll all end up good. I've really appreciated the possiblilty to do some other things while harvesting or to chat with my guildies and friedns at my leasure. I've ended up as one of the most dedicated afkers (those who know me can confirm :)).

For now the change is a mayor pain in the behind for me, but if it'll really manage to achieve what it's meant to it's not too high price to pay.

True. Its destroy EL background.

I like the events but think they could be adjusted a bit.

Something like: if you got normal harvesting exp on the last harvest, none of the new events on next harvest.

This way people could harvest for experience without having lots of events, once the exp ran out (the 120 harvests are up) then the events kick in. This would still stop gold coin harvesters (IMO) yet let people get their harvesting exp.

Edited by DogBreath

Maybe make less harvest events and make harvesting a little slower ?

For me is mining not bad because I mix there, so I had stops before this, but the low level, fast to harvest flowers are very bad, can hardly get started before next event.

11 events in 232 harvest BSF.

My fingers hurt :)

Edited by Zamirah

too many events kills the skill

Odd the way some people view something from an entirely different angle isnt it?

The way I see it, the Harvesting Skill just became a "pay attention to your screen" skill, in exactly the same manner that ALL other skills already are. If you arent paying attention on other skills you dont get to continue doing it due to events which stop it going on auto. From fails/crit fails on mixing to the more extreme Death Message of the A/D player, there isnt a single skill now that is not a "stay and play" skill.

Whats wrong with that, exactly?

Im sure everyone would love to post how this change is so fundamentally amazing and positive, but ........ yeh anyway im logging in for an hour to harvest some junk , really looking forward to it :)

The mini events are a pain in the a**. I dont care about extra experience when harvesting or gold coins.

All i want is the recources, nothing more.

I hope very much there will be an undestructable medallion to wear so that the events dont effect you anymore..

Using Astrology indicators to prevent the harvesting effects is now pointless ! I will end up buying everything i need.

If everyone does that.. who will harvest in the end ?

I really want to say this out load:

That was one thing that put Eternal Lands apart from other MMORPG. You were able to do other things in Real Life.

These mini-effects force you to stay clicking and sit still @ the computer. Usually i would tell friends that el is good because you can

play active (fighting/mixing) and passive (harvesting). That is no longer the case. I'm sad.

My personal oppinion:

I don't like it.

Edited by SolarStar

too many events kills the skill

Odd the way some people view something from an entirely different angle isnt it?

The way I see it, the Harvesting Skill just became a "pay attention to your screen" skill, in exactly the same manner that ALL other skills already are. If you arent paying attention on other skills you dont get to continue doing it due to events which stop it going on auto. From fails/crit fails on mixing to the more extreme Death Message of the A/D player, there isnt a single skill now that is not a "stay and play" skill.

Whats wrong with that, exactly?

my opinion is that harvesting is the mandatory skill which is the basic of everything, but is the most boring one. making it boring + annoying is killing it.

When i harvest, i usually chat, which i don't do when i a/d train or mix because i don't have time for that, i'm making as many actions as i can when i'm logged in (using keyboard shortcuts to minimize time for eating, and therefore mixing as many FEs/MEs/other essence as possible for example), and having my char doing nothing while chatting is a non-sense to me/

Adding annoying events to harvest also means more time to harvest ... therefore more boring time ... therefore, less fun game.

my 2c./

Sorry, i didn't bother to read the 4 pages before...

Just wanted to say i hate those mini events...

Just because they appeared too late... I more or less counted that if they existed since i started playing, I'd be 8 millions gc richer... It was a fast calculation that doesn't take care about most of the not-giving-exp harvesting that still triggers mini events so 8 millions is far from what it should be... (And i'm only lvl 101, 105 if mini events ?) :(

Beside that, i don't mind them :)

How about a perk analog to Skeptic. ??

I would gladly pay 30kgc and get rid of the mini events.

Mini events are good idea, but we need harvest... its very crazy. It will be better reduce it to 1/10. I wanna find as much money in real life as while mini events

I hate it

Edited by gaborec

Ok, too many people complaining, next update it will be one click per one item, as it is in the other games out there, and how it was in the old times.

Ok, too many people complaining, next update it will be one click per one item, as it is in the other games out there, and how it was in the old times.

oh snap, though, everyone does talk about how they miss the "good old days" :)

Well, I like the new harv events.

They make harvesting more of a challenge (especially for AFKish alts), and they're fun and I love the fact they're positive. Nothing wrong with paying attention to the screen for a bit of harvesting, or just giving up for a few minutes when real life calls. Now harvesting can be a more elite skill. :(

Edited by Enly