Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anamir

About TSP changes

In a few days, rabbit furs will be replaced with beaver furs.

A question for our God: are you still planning to switch regularly to other furs that are seldomly used, or not at all (e.g. white rabbit, panter or leopard furs), or do we need to run to the beaver dam?

Maybe for the next change, TS pots will improve you eye sight as well as let you see invisible things and will use hawk feathers so that you can say you have the eyes of a hawk.

Being able to see visible things easier could improve the value of TS pots significantly and allow more efficient archery and fighting. Just imagine being able to actually see those critters at night so you can shoot them and seeing a critter from further away so you can find your next kill easier.

Entropy, what do you think of those ideas?

Edited by nathanstenzel

Maybe for the next change, TS pots will improve you eye sight as well as let you see invisible things and will use hawk feathers so that you can say you have the eyes of a hawk.

Being able to see visible things easier could improve the value of TS pots significantly and allow more efficient archery and fighting. Just imagine being able to actually see those critters at night so you can shoot them and seeing a critter from further away so you can find your next kill easier.

Entropy, what do you think of those ideas?

No, that's what the visors are for.

Nice shot using deer antler!! this could be deffinitive IMO. Changing ingreds from time to time sux for mixer .. some of us takes a long time to get a nice amount of ingreds to mix the items all at once .. @ the first changed (for exemple) i was with ingreds to make 4k tsp and was waiting to have ingreds to make 10k to mix.. not complaining .. its was necessary but change from time to time just remove the item from the list of TODO ..

Completely scratched this from my make-list until something stable is done with it. It's impossible to stock for this potion anymore (wake up one morning to find your stock is worthless), so may as well pretend it doesn't exist at all.

People want TS they can pay the overpriced NPC or get their magic up.

I'm reminded of TV networks constantly changing the day/time slot of a TV show and even stopping airing it for weeks on end because they don't know where to put it for the best ratings. In the end it gets cancelled due to low ratings because people trying to watch the show never know when it's going to air. (Futurama anyone?)

I'm not seeing much difference here. This is just a way to kill the potion, not solve anything that has nothing to do with the potion in the first place.

Your vials/wormwood/toads/ale are all still there and useful, and you need those in much larger quantities than the henbane or fur or whatever.

Why do you build up such 'huge stocks' that are 'so terrible' to see being made useless anyway, instead of mixing them? Why not just stock the flowers, and mix all you can every time you buy some of the other ingredient?

TS pots used to be one of the very few level-friendly pots (or even usable/wanted pots for that matter), and even before wasn't that friendly with all the slow-harv flowers needed and food requirements. This renders them not just completely not worth making, but regularly screws potioners who have already taken the shaft end of new potions rendered useless by their cost or bad implementation (we were willing to make them, nobody was willing to use or pay for them, so we were the ONLY ones who took the cost hit).

Methinks you're not in a position to actually see the problem with this. Restate that when you're at potion 90 or so and already working your ass off to get just 1 more level, only to have one of the few saving graces of potioning pulled out from under you.

As for your suggestion: You are no longer allowed to stock SRs or HEs. You are only to buy just enough to last you maybe an hour or so, then go buy or make more. Stocking the "ings" for your fight "mixing" is prohibited. Oh, and next week you'll need LEs for the restore spell, not HEs. Week after that they'll change, but you're not going to know what to so you can't stock in advance. Dragon armor will be changed to be made less useful than aug sets. CoLs (speed hax) will be taken out of the game. They'll sit in your storage but you can't use them.

Edited by GoodDay2Die

Well i disagree, i think TS are a right pain to make, not decent for leveling on, for 2 main reasons - the flowers take ages to harvest (so you have to buy them, on the few occasions when they're on the market), and it's not enjoyable to mix them, because of the huge food consumption. Notice the amount of poison damage in this screenie - http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/ex...iggerpoison.jpg

Their redeeming feature is that if you buy all your ingredients, mix, then sell to the NPC you get a profit of about 15 coins for each potion. You don't do it for the exp. Note - you sell to the NPC because the market demand was never nearly as high as you're suggesting.

The reason I posted is because i see no good reason for you to keep *huge* stocks (you had 42k henbane before the update). When were you ever planning to mix 14,000 TS?? and sell to the NPC for 840k? Seems to me that you liked collecting the ingredients because you thought it was wise investment, but couldnt be bothered mixing them.

And to reiterate - i really disagree with you on TS being the best for leveling on. In terms of (exp/time spent harvesting ingredients) or (exp/ease of buying ingredients on market), SRs and BRs are far supierior. Plus, demand for SRs is huge, and the NPC will pay you a profit of 2.5-3gc for each BR.

My edit to reply to your edit:

I only have about 2k HE's in storage at any time. Only occasionally do you see someone like boedha stocking 50k HE, i doubt most fighters do it. Even then, HE's are central to the restoration spell. You're complaining because 10% of the TS ingredients (cost-wise) have been changed.

Edited by extrapolation

Well i disagree, i think TS are a right pain to make, not decent for leveling on, for 2 main reasons - the flowers take ages to harvest (so you have to buy them, on the few occasions when they're on the market), and it's not enjoyable to mix them, because of the huge food consumption. Notice the amount of poison damage in this screenie - http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/ex...iggerpoison.jpg

Their redeeming feature is that if you buy all your ingredients, mix, then sell to the NPC you get a profit of about 15 coins for each potion. You don't do it for the exp. Note - you sell to the NPC because the market demand was never nearly as high as you're suggesting.

The reason I posted is because i see no good reason for you to keep *huge* stocks (you had 42k henbane before the update). When were you ever planning to mix 14,000 TS?? and sell to the NPC for 8.4mill gc? Seems to me that you liked collecting the ingredients because you thought it was wise investment, but couldnt be bothered mixing them.

And to reiterate - i really disagree with you on TS being the best for leveling on. In terms of (exp/time spent harvesting ingredients) or (exp/ease of buying ingredients on market), SRs and BRs are far supierior. Plus, demand for SRs is huge, and the NPC will pay you a profit of 2.5-3gc for each BR.

lol ;d

Edited by zeni

I never said "best", I said one of the very few levelable options.

I never said I had 42k henbane. I've never had 42k henbane at one time. You've seriously misread previous posts.

Your opinion is your opinion only. There were quite a few people who used TS as a leveling option, and nothing you say changes that.

The main issue here though, getting back on topic, is the constantly changing ings. No other skill has this kinda crap being pulled on them, and you'd be among those screaming bloody hell if the essies required for Restore changed on a server-update basis, so don't think you can actually write off constantly-changing ings as a good thing for anyone. The people buying beaver furs last night on market (and there were quite a few ads) are screwed today. The people buying deer antlers now will be screwed in a few days. Potioners, esp. high-level ones, have been screwed enough lately with costly for us new potions being deemed useless. An unstable potion gets written off as being non-existent. That's it.

42k henbane -> 1050 P Ivy/Henbane/Poppy extracts -> 210 ref veg mixes -> 12,600 creature food -> More than enough to fully level your inner mule :icon4:

Though granted, noone stocks that much solely for extracts, heh.

Ok so what makes you randomly pull out the figure 42k?

I do understand it must be annoying to see your stocks of henbane being rendered useless, but i sympathise less with wasted rabbit/beaver furs. If you'd followed the discussions closely you should have known the formula was likely to change again, and even if you did buy some furs, you could have mixed immediately.

As you rightly say though, my opinion is only my opinion. And now youve heard it, i dont feel the need to post again.

Edited by extrapolation

42k henbane -> 1050 P Ivy/Henbane/Poppy extracts -> 210 ref veg mixes -> 12,600 creature food -> More than enough to fully level your inner mule :icon4:

Though granted, noone stocks that much solely for extracts, heh.

Ok so what makes you randomly pull out the figure 42k?

That was a response to someone else's previous post....

...But for me the timing couldn't have been worse. I just got VEG 5 and was aiming to make some profit to afford a NMT finally. Now my 42k henbane are worthless...

Well, I've said my piece on page one of this thread already but let me add that I currently have ingredients for at least 30k TS pots in storage when considering the old recipe and that's less than I would need for one level and that's on top of ingredients for extracts.

As to why stock so much: because they are best made on Joule days, obviously.

If the recipe is supposed to stay at antlers, perhaps antlers could be changed to stack. Might encourage the players training on deer to collect them even without knowing they can turn them into profit with potion makers.

The reason I posted is because i see no good reason for you to keep *huge* stocks (you had 42k henbane before the update). When were you ever planning to mix 14,000 TS?? and sell to the NPC for 840k? Seems to me that you liked collecting the ingredients because you thought it was wise investment, but couldnt be bothered mixing them.

I was the madman with those 14k TS-Pots to be mixed, and as Ermabwed stated prefectly right, I intended to mix a good chunk of those on a Joule Day.

What's wrong with preparing a good stock for special days? Fighters also don't need 10k SRs per day and stock on them neithertheless.

And as Ermabwed suggested, making deer antlers stack would be really appreciated, since bots don't sell them (in high quantities) and new players don't have bigger amounts of those for sale. I managed to grab/mix 1k rabbit furs and 1k beaver furs before that and I can tell you, you don't find players with reasonable amounts of that anyway...

True sight potions were useful for money and for leveling. I know of at least 4 NMT cloaks that were paid for by TS potions. They took a long time to harvest for but with help from guildies and friends a player could level their potions for quite some time on it. My problem with any newbie item is that you don't have enough newbies to make the potions worth making. They just don't kill enough deer and even if they did they wouldn't pick up the antlers as they don't stack and weigh a lot. The best idea I have seen since I started EL 4 years ago is the newbie storage Zamirah suggested. All of the bones and furs from IP would actually be used. Getting started in the game would be fast tracked. Newbies would have plenty of money selling furs, bones, and raw meat to players and they would get to interact with the higher level players while doing it.

This would make the game far more attractive to new players and it would get them into the community a whole lot faster. They could feel like a part of the economy after just a few days or a week and that would encourage them to get others to join even without having played for a while yet. Even if the newbie storage took only animal parts it would be worth it. Medium to high level players should never, ever have to depend on newbies for stuff they need. Newbies don't know enough about the game to be that integral to it. The endless bag spam on IP shows that every day. Newbie storage would give new players a way to make money and would not massively cut the supply lines for items needed by players who are in there 50s or higher in their skills. Give formulas for items you can make in your 20s and 30s ings that newbies can supply. Then their customer base will be nearby instead of in C2 or in maps that would instantly kill the newbies. It should even build a player to player market base that could go all the way to the top eventually and everyone can stop complaining about bots. lol

TirunCollimdus

GM of PATH

Edited by TirunCollimdus