Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cruella

Ozmondius the serper

Today, at NW Melinis spawn:

[19:45:56] Ozmondius: i'd like to have 1 of these spawns please

[19:46:12] Cruella: aren't there any other free in Mel ?

[19:46:23] Ozmondius: not that i could find

As you can see I had few seconds to reply (being busy with dcw and fluff) - too long apparently for such important person to wait for reply.

A honorable guild leader decided to heal dcw I was fighting, apparently trying to help it to kill me. Well, no chance really, I just had to restore.

[19:46:45] You recovered 228 material points

I killed the chim.

[19:46:55] Ozmondius: you're just serping them anyway

I was training as plenty others on this spawn, using tit long to kill one creature before second respawns (everyone knows this is the most efficient way there). Not that it is any of his business anyway what I'm doing in game and what weapon I use, if any.

[19:46:56] Cruella: why do you serp ?

[19:47:05] Ozmondius: i asked for one of the spawns nicely, did i not?

Sure, without even waiting for reply, starting to fight first and heal next dcw I was fighting. Very polite request.

[19:47:08] Cruella: that's hostile and outlaw action

[19:47:26] Ozmondius: then you proceeded to att both again

[19:48:01] Cruella: I tell you what, cure your complexes somewhere else

[19:48:02] Ozmondius: i did look around before i asked

Poor babe, cannot find a free spawn lol .... must steal from others :) Can fight yetis, all other chims, cockas, yet has to steal ... a fluff or dcw ! ROFL !

[19:48:19] Ozmondius: i need only 29k def and then i'll be gone

[19:49:11] Cruella: you know what, I do not care, you are acting like a person with no game morals, I could not care less about a spawn

[19:49:14] Ozmondius: cruella, which spawn would you prefer

[19:49:21] Ozmondius: the dc or the bunny?

[19:49:32] Cruella: have both, the game is full of spawns

[19:49:46] Ozmondius: you're such a baby

[19:49:58] Cruella: you are such an ass

As I said to him, I could not care less about the spawn, if he waited and gave me time to reply, there wouldn't be any discussion, nor problem, nor this post.

I know this guy for over a year and he has changed enormously, to worse unfortunately.

I'm posting this in a hope he'll think over his behaviour, comes to his senses and starts to behave again like a honorable player. Shame really, shame.

OMG, reading with understanding doesn't hurt :)

I'm saying that before I managed to let him take one of two, he started to fight the one I was engaged with (not the other) AND heal it to cause my char to die lol

Quite a difference.

I've got over it immediately, leaving him with his steal :P

That doesn't change a fact that I'd like to perhaps get him to think a bit (hopefully) because I remember him being nice person and I do not like seing what has happened to him. Perhaps naive and not efficient, but worth trying ...

OMG, reading with understanding doesn't hurt :)

I'm saying that before I managed to let him take one of two, he started to fight the one I was engaged with (not the other) AND heal it to cause my char to die lol

Quite a difference.

I've got over it immediately, leaving him with his steal :P

That doesn't change a fact that I'd like to perhaps get him to think a bit (hopefully) because I remember him being nice person and I do not like seing what has happened to him. Perhaps naive and not efficient, but worth trying ...

Greedy. Right off the bat you tried to coax him off the second spawn because you felt you had more right than he did.

As you can see I had few seconds to reply (being busy with dcw and fluff) - too long apparently for such important person to wait for reply.

Arrogant maybe?

A honorable guild leader decided to heal dcw I was fighting, apparently trying to help it to kill me. Well, no chance really, I just had to restore.

Personally I would like it if someone healed a mob I was training as it would get me a better xp ratio/hr. All in the eye of the beholder imo.

I was training as plenty others on this spawn, using tit long to kill one creature before second respawns (everyone knows this is the most efficient way there). Not that it is any of his business anyway what I'm doing in game and what weapon I use, if any.

Just because its more efficient for you too train a multi spawn doesn't mean you shouldn't share when someone comes and ASK first right off the bat rather than just take. Which Ozmondius did, only out of courtesy when he didn't have any obligation to ask in the first place considering there is a multi spawn here.

[19:48:02] Ozmondius: i did look around before i asked

Very nice of him too do imo for reason stated above.

It's simple. If you act arrogant when asked to share a multi spawn then I would consider his action acceptable. Now I am not judging you but I am saying that when he came and asked for 1 of them there should have been no question that you answer automatically should be "sure, I lay no claim to 2 spawns" rather than

whats wrong about asking if there arent any other free?

an honorable player would wait for a reply first :)

There is one free. The second on there.

It was simple question, not arrogant. Because I KNEW there was a free spawn in Mel. Just a moment before he came I have killed another wandering chim that came to my spawn. But whether there was one or not, it is irrelevant.

Attacking a creature someone already fights is serping. Healing without asking is ... well .... depends on the context, situation and intentions. Here it was clearly hostile action to interrupt my training. If he was fair, and so desperate to get his sorry xp, he'd attack fluff, while leaving me with my chim alone. Then there wouldn't be any reason for conflict or calling him serper etc.

Anyway Paul, great job as an advocate, but do not try to make a living as one :)

I've done my part, leaving the log for everyone to read and to make their own opinion. Not going to waste more time for that.

Edited by Cruella

Well, well, well. What the logs don't show is that Cruella took a second bunny and dc in between the time I asked and the time I decided to take a spawn. I waited for a full minute before I decided she wasn't going to agree before taking a spawn. I might have waited longer if my past interactions with Cruella hadn't indicated to me that waiting would be useless. I healed the spawn we were both fighting to give her a chance to flee and take the other spawn. With her in full titanium and a titanium long, I think the action was highly unlikely to kill her, nor was it intended to do so. The entire time I was on one of the spawns I used a bone, no sword. Not sure how that is serping. As far as I know, it's ok for people of any level to train on whatever creature they'd like. I had 20k+ exp to go for a def lvl, as I explained, and didn't want to run around map after map trying to find something open.

I think you should consider how your view on this may be colored by your recent history with other of my guildies that we have already discussed extensively.

Anyway, I attempted to do the right thing here and was met with the usual Cruella persona.

Anyway Paul, great job as an advocate, but do not try to make a living as one :)

Not trying to advocate for anyone. Just telling you that you are in the wrong here.

I've done my part, leaving the log for everyone to read and to make their own opinion.

And I have posted mine :P

The whole post here is full of wild accusations only drawn from subjective view without clear sense of things.

Also, the post doesn't sound like a dispute post at all, but a rant where the main objective is to make Ozmondius look baddie.

Paul Brown already linked a topic I am sure Cruella was familiar with, knowing her positive activity in forums. There's nothing outlawry done, Ozmondius's actions are explained waterproof (but I'm also his guildie, so some 3rd party insight on that is always welcome) So what's left for reason?

"I'm posting this in a hope he'll think over his behaviour, comes to his senses and starts to behave again like a honorable player. Shame really, shame."

There are no proof of dishonourable actions on this case, or are there?

I'd like to remind sometimes it's better to calm down and think before posting.

In my eyes the post is breaking forum rules by failing to respect others:

4. Respect Others

You must respect the rights of others and their rights to enjoy this game and the forums. In order to show proper respect, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, insult, name call, or cause distress and / or unwanted attention to other members, moderators, volunteers, or developers. Do not patronize people as they become acquainted with the environment and make beginners’ mistakes.

The rule should be simple - it is okay to attack any creature that is not engaged in combat and has full hp.

(..)

The meaning of serping should be limited to attacking a creature someone else fights and that should be still considered outlaw.

That's how I see it. EOT from my side. I'm sure mods will judge whether this post breaks any rule and if this is a case to take appropriate action, even without above suggestion.

I hope you're going to keep this one polite.

I insist moderation is left to moderators. Thank you.

[19:46:23] Ozmondius: not that i could find

Cruella, im one of the players who train on double spowns but when someone come and tell me there have no free spowns i just give him one of mine...

All that what i see here from u are an stuped things and maybe u don't like Ozmondius and for that u make that post. I don't thin he do something wrong, i never saw something bad for him and i don't thing an longest player like he is will do something like that. The folt is yours, for that u don't give him spown when he tell u "[19:46:23] Ozmondius: not that i could find".

This is borderline. It could be argued that you asking if there are any open spawns in melinis was sufficient acknowledgment on your part. There were not, and he decided to take a chim. Was attacking the one you were not the best way to go about dealing with this? Yes. Could he have been a wee bit more considerate? Yes. Is this spawn serping? No.

Today, at NW Melinis spawn:

this usually means no. so he got his answer.

Edited by HereticEast

I agree with Ozmondius. He has always been honorable and polite to most everyone. He asked for a spawn and the first thing Cruella said was basically go find another spawn. I see that as inpolite and not Ozmondius understanding the rules (you do not own a spawn.)

And it's not like Cruella had 1 spawn and Ozmondius attacked her only spawn. She had two.

I think the last few comments call for this: Grow up Cruella.

[19:49:14] Ozmondius: cruella, which spawn would you prefer

[19:49:21] Ozmondius: the dc or the bunny?

thats exactly how an adult person deals with such a situation.

That would have been the time for you, Cruella, to chose one of the spawns and not trying to hold the double spawn or being hostile for whatever reasons.

Sorry, i have such weak moments myself, but nevertheless, its just wrong :-)

just my 0.02

i remember one time Smurf serped someone who multi trained DC, just cause he didnt like multi training, didnt want a spawn or anything.. just serp

while he was in LION, moments later Oz comes to serp too

and funny how people can say it was rude to say "isnt there another one free?" while there was a arguement about Darkpresent saying the same thing, but that was ok ;o

hypocrisy +1

i remember one time Smurf serped someone who multi trained DC, just cause he didnt like multi training, didnt want a spawn or anything.. just serp

A+ in revisionist history \o/ Would be correct if the last phrase said "moments later Oz got serped too" better double check your facts with tyra and eeedgar :whistle:

Edited by Ozmondius

Cry.

Babies.

Btw, love the biased idea on how "isn't there another spawn free" is rude/aggressive/hostile.

I actually read this as a question like "did you make sure there's nothing else free, if you really can't find another, I'll share", but asking for confirmation first.

But biased third parties always the same, lulz.

-Gohan

From what i have seen, Ozmo did the right things and asked nicely to have one spawn, If it was me instead of Cruella, I'd give him (or anybody else in EL except some who makes the same stuff -asking nicely-) to spawn right away. He was actually nice, patient and kind. He could just have come and take one of the spawns as you dont own a spawn (and in this case, Cruella had double spawn). But instead being just an asshole, he asked ([19:45:56] Ozmondius: i'd like to have 1 of these spawns please)

So who is the ingorant dumb here?

darkpresent also bagjumper

I'll actually put you in outlaws if you can't proove what you are talking about for being a liar ass.

PS. DT damn it lol change that siggy :D

-Kaddy

Just to clarify, I'd share with him no problem, but he did not give me a chance. He waited a FULL MINUTE (it was less than that but nvm, let it be one minute lol) - what a generosity. Perhaps I was typing pm to someone else? Perhaps sipping coffee? Perhaps reading ch6 msgs? What differs us is that at the same spawn a day before I have waited for 20 minutes for another player to finish his training to take over, chatting with him. I'd never heal the creature someone trains on without asking first. I'd never attack the one someone else fights already. I could take another one if no reply for repetitive requests to share (bear in mind I stopped training in about 90 seconds after he came so when asking which one he can have, both were available and I was no longer training). That's a difference in understanding of player relationships and importance of exp vs behaviour. I understand views may vary here and we have to share these lands with people who represent standards other than ours, that doesn't mean however I'm obliged to like and to accept actions that in my opinion make this game less enjoyable and the ones I'd never perform to other player. It is not about a spawn, not about serping, not about getting exp. Do you have a clue what this was about? :D

Jeeez its a bunch of pixels

Thanks for useful reminder, Happy Easter

A+ in revisionist history \o/ Would be correct if the last phrase said "moments later Oz got serped too" better double check your facts with tyra and eeedgar :D

Oz is always the victim :pickaxe:

more history: like that time in kf where i was broding someone from wWw, who was weaker then you.. and you attack me, i didnt even switch target to you

but later on i get to hear "why did you pull brod on Oz?" i didnt, but Oz always the victim :<

Nah, Sqwurl, idc, just helping you get your facts str8 before you blather on further.

Perhaps I was typing pm to someone else? Perhaps sipping coffee? Perhaps reading ch6 msgs?

Pretty good feat when, during the same minute, you killed a fluff and att'd another DC.

that doesn't mean however I'm obliged to like and to accept actions that in my opinion make this game less enjoyable and the ones I'd never perform to other player. It is not about a spawn, not about serping, not about getting exp.

If it's about the fact that I didn't act in a way that you would or that you appreciated, then the title of the email and placement in disputes is interesting, but I'm done with the topic. It's been beaten to death.

Edited by Ozmondius