Eternal Lands Official Forums
ladrilho

Quest Programming

Hello,

I read recently in other thread that there are quite a few quests already written and waiting for programming, but I couldn't see any reference if the programing is client or server related.

I've been searching the forums for quest programming related tasks and I couldn't find much about it.

Do we have a list of quests related tasks for the client?

Anyone working on this or knows what is needed or being worked on?

If there's nothing to do it would be nice to know too.

Thank you.

Quests are serverside

Actually it should be possible to create a questmaster that is a bot that give out simple quests and give rewards to those that fullfill the quests.

So it don't have to be entirely serverside.

Most quests today involves mostly NPCs that one have to talk to and it should be entirely possible to make them using bots so they quests don't have to be done serverside.

Actually it should be possible to create a questmaster that is a bot that give out simple quests and give rewards to those that fullfill the quests.

So it don't have to be entirely serverside.

Most quests today involves mostly NPCs that one have to talk to and it should be entirely possible to make them using bots so they quests don't have to be done serverside.

I'm already testing Quest capbilities on my Trade bots. Currently they have most features I want except trading quest related actions & requiring to see the people. The issue is my vision of what they should do makes the interface complicated, but that also allows a lot of flexibility. They state information on one bot can already be shared with other bots that are permitted read-onl access to that.

My thought is to allow for user created quests to use this and a guild or multiple guilds to get together to take advantage of the shared information between the bots.