Eternal Lands Official Forums
mrfancypants

a/d and attribute cap READ B4 U VOTE

Should the attribute cap be removed?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be removed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, should there be a limit (above 48) that it should be set to?

• Yes (please specify in post)
    • No limit
  3. 3. Or, do you think the a/d cap should be removed instead

• Yes
    • No
    • Remove both a/d and attr. cap

I see that we have a 100 a/d cap on pk server, making it harder for characters to kill larger things such as dragons and giants (without a lot of harm or help from someone else). If we had no attribute cape, we would be better able to kill those creatures. with higher p/c/w. do you think its a good idea to remove the attribute cap? if so pls vote, but make sure to read all posts b4 doing so.

Or, should the a/d cap be removed (so that we could fight higher monsters (allowing higher armors in-game such as dragon), or so that we could still get oa exp after 100 a/d. I know handy probably would have stayed if he could have lv'ed his character more, but the a/d cap doesnt really let u do that.

Replying doesnt mean that it will be removed, but if the magority of the server agrees, we could ask radu to remove it.

I vote NO, do not remove either. I thought our teams did great against the dragon and giant yesterday.

There will always be bigger and meaner creatures to kill and teams will be required. The a/d cap is about overall gameplay. If we keep upping the cap, there will always be players on top whose levels can never be reached.

Edit: Also, don't forget that for your voice to count in a PK server poll, you must state what you voted for so we can verify that you actually play the server. At the moment there are 8 votes, but only 2 posts stating a side.

Edited by sywren

IMO the caps are very important here. They help enforce the teamwork that is so great about this server. Using teamwork for many creatures should be important, otherwise it might as well be a single player game.

so yeah, I'm against removing/changing any caps.

I also voted 'no'. The a/d cap was specifically put in place so it would always be possible for new players to catch up. People could join "late" and still be able to train into the top ranks. I see no reason to change that.

And as others have pointed out, the teamwork is a huge part of the fun on this server. Invasions can easily be tailored to levels we can manage as a team.

Its good to see you guys have not lost the way on the pk server

Would I have stayed if a/d was removed ? I probably would have kept training from time to time

But the whole idea of this server was to make sure single players don’t streak ahead, and for those of you that are still training, 100 a/d is not as easy to reach as some of you thought.

To kill the larger creatures it takes team work and I felt this was a plus for the server

Basicaly on this server you all need each other when it comes to killing high end Mobs, other lvling is for when the server is quiet .

As for dragon armour I think the real problem there is the shortage of ings ( Binding stones mainly). I had most of the ings for full red dragon armour before I left which I turned into swords for you.

Dragon scales are not a problem with team work

Maybe the question here should be : Now that the server has evolved passed the sticks and stones lvl, is it time to open radu’s shop ? and if so what restrictions would still be needed.

You have players with the lvls to manu/craft/summon but no ings and you all fear breaking the armours you have maybe it’s time to make them more readily available.

Just my 2 cents did not vote Handy

No caps on a/d OR attributes only scare new players away. Now everyone can get in the range of those players that have been playing from the start, even if they are not addicts :icon13:

Had to vote on:

If yes, should there be a limit (above 48) that it should be set to?

Yes (please specify in post)

The attribute cap is fine as it is, with capped attributes there is more tactics to building your character.

EDIT: those who vote 'yes' could make a post explaining why???

Edited by ProHibited

No

<blank>

NO

I just noticed that this Poll wasn't properly conceived, so I'm not voting. Poll 2 has no option for those who vote NO and the Forums won't accept a vote this way.

I was the first to reach the A/D Cap and since then I've done a lot of things, most of the big kills on this server were done in teams and even the Ice Dragon was killed before anyone had reach the A/D Cap.

The greatest thing about this server is exactly the hability for people to gather around a mob and take it down, usually not even fighting over the drop. ie. Kit gave me the Black Dragon scale from yesterday's invasion when she did probably 80%+ of the damage on it.

At the moment the biggest challenges are within the instances, due to several issues on both tries we have had so far we never managed to finish all mobs. But as soon as more people that know how team work get the levels needed we will surely reach that goal as well.

Team Work and tactics FTW!

I voted no to caps

One reason i came over the the pk server was the fact that it is posable for new player to the pk server like me can reach the top players. If the cap was not in place i dont think i would of came over, as there would of been no way i could reach the top players and it would be just like the KF pk map on the main where you would stand not chance of surviving.

As for fighting the higher lv mobs, yesterdays invasion (like many have already said in there posts) showed that with great team work all the mobs r pos to kill.

I have only been on the pk server a week and i have the found that the top player r with in my reach if i work hard. This has given me a goal to work to, if you up the limit that goal would become a dim light in the distance, and in the end most new player would give up.

Also as segor stated the forum wont accept yr vote if u dont place a check make in the second set of boxes, if u decide to vote on this one just to get the vote in it dont show the ture way the person is voting.

so my vote is

NO

BLANK

NO

Hope to b helping you all soon with the higher lv mobs :icon13:

Thank you for posting, now that i have read the post, i understand why the caps should say in place. This server is so small and everyone knows each other, so team-work is how we do things :)

I do like what handy brought up tho, we ahve the lvs to make stuff, just not the right materials, maybe if we could get the shop open, we could could finally buy binding/serps/special weps.

Hope I'm not too late for this :)

NO for removing caps. and IMO no for opening the shop, at least not yet. there are not enough active players yet to do so. we can usually get the ings ready for stuff we want, and no one is doing any mass-production of great swords :) but yes, it will be good to open the shop when there are more active players on this server

No, I don't want the shop opened either.

High-end weapons and armor should come through blood, sweat, and tears. Fighting should be about skills, levels, attributes, etc..., not weapons and armors.

Maybe the question here should be : Now that the server has evolved passed the sticks and stones lvl, is it time to open radu's shop ? and if so what restrictions would still be needed.

You have players with the lvls to manu/craft/summon but no ings and you all fear breaking the armours you have maybe it's time to make them more readily available

I would definitly second this, though only for certain ings (Enriched essies *coughELEcough*/stones), and not for armors and swords.

Edited by Requiem

I would also agree to "no shop sales" at this time. I'd hate to see the PK server degenerate into an arms race like it is on main. I don't see a reason for a bunch of people to be running around in dragon armor. For now, it's fine the way it is.