Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RallosZek

New summon: unicorn

Looking at how hard it is to get a balanced team together for killing monsters like the mare bulangi, I thought of a summoned unicorn:

• Cannot be attacked by players, to prevent abuse for attack exp
  • 150 def (or higher as group monsters scale become stronger) but 0 attack, no offensive skills at all, mirror counting as offensive
  • maybe evanessence
  • High HP, no self-healing capabilities
  • Some taunt skill that attracts attention of group monster even though summon has 0 attack

This would serve as replacement tank, or supplemental tank if the group is low on them. It would make sense (for me at least :P ) to use a rosto, unicorn and sun med in the summon recipe. Maybe make it wear "hoofs of uber def" if summoner is >110 summon.

I just see a lot of good will and effort lost because tanks are unavailable, so this may help and still not make it too easy to kill an MB.

Not sure Aluwen would appreciate you using one of her gentle creatures as a tank...pretty sure Roja would not like it either, from what I can understand about why we cant currently attack unicorns. (yes i know you said they cant/shouldnt be attacked by players but its still exploiting the poor thing).

That thread has nothing to do with summoning Unicorns. :)

from that post...

- A few summon-only creatures (and not with stones), that would be useful in PK.. one Leonard like creature that would have high attack but low def, good for dealing quick damage; and another with high health but low attack, sort of a tank

I'm all for new summons tho :)

Read EL blog.

So now I was thinking to improve that a little. I want to implement a few new things:

1. New summoned monsters that will be relatively cheap, but be better tanks than the rats, who die in one hit. Another monster would have the mirror skin perk, which can help a lot. Maybe even something with the self destruct perk. This new monsters would need a relatively high summoning level, however.

I'm more detailed though.

@Pye - I'm not bound to the unicorn as creature. I chose it, as it's already in the client, logical for players that it can't be attacked and symbol of Aluwen, the defense goddess. From an RP point of view it fits perfectly. The only RP flaw is that Aluwen and Selain are enemies, I'd see that as a better argument then "abuse". As such, I wouldn't be against Aluwen's blessing being changed to "Divine Aid", which will allow an Aluwen worshipper to call for a tank at map foo, loc x,y. But I'd think that would be way harder to implement.