Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

The Desert Pines ND Arenas Showdown

Wesmania signing up as backup for up to 40 a/d arena.

If being online a bit before the event start time was not as blatantly obvious as i thought, i apologise for not putting it in the first post, but... come on.

THE RESULTS:

DPa40:

1st. Peeves

2nd. Error

3rd. MrFrodo & Ninjalotus

4th. jnd & Birdie

5th. Yethq & SirOrick

DPa60:

1st. Lidda

2nd. Wynn

3rd. Bones & Kalisto17

4th. Tokie & TigerClaw

5th. Madz & Drty

Huge thanks go out to Radu who's idea it was to run tournaments at these arenas, and donated the prizes.

Maxine, Samy_Navillian and Usl for helping with moderating and zapping.

Bigkav for attack-testing and recording.

The wWw members who helped with directing spectators.

Of course all the competitors!

...and it wouldn't be a show without the spectators, thank you all :)

---------------------

Could Error and Kalisto17 shoot me a PM when they're next on to grab their prizes (i be afk sleeping for next 8 hours at least tho :P).

---------------------

As with every event of this type i run, from this one, i learned a few things.

Apologies to FroZen for me telling him he could compete, and then later saying he couldn't. It was my mistake to not detail in the first post the competitors needed to be on X minutes before the event. Best i can offer you, FroZen, is my apologies and assurances that in future i'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Also, from now on, i simply will not start events until spectators and competitors alike are sitting where i want them, with arena entries clear, so i can see the 'PK line' well... this ofc will probably lead to no event ever starting again, lol.

Anyways, i hope anyone who feels hard-done by any made decision can see that things don't always go according to plan, and wont always agree with your version of "fair".

All that said, i still had great fun, and hope everyone involved did too. :)

I just want to say Congratulations to all the winners. It was my first ever pk contest and I had a lot of fun.

Thanks,

Mz

I would also like to thank the organizers, prize donors and my supporters.

For me it was also the first PK event I took part in, never had a pk fight before. Arguably it was the most fun 3 hours of my EL life.

So thank you and hope to see you all soon in a similar surrounding.

Lidda

This was a great contest :P

Some fights were a bit quick, others were quite long especially in the 60s tourny. A good mix of talent represented I think. Grats to the winners! And ty to Radu for the prizes!

Anyway, here is what I got out of it, from my puny experience;

Limiting the number of contestants has to be done or it will drag on too long, but there's no reason we can't have heats beforehand if more (than 8 in this case) want to enter right? Then, anyone has a chance no matter how late they enter. This can happen between reporting time and start time (see my next point) if lots of back-ups show. There can be several fights at once so it won't take long. Not sure if the weakest would be asked to compete for the last spots, or the last to enter would be, but either way it wouldn't change who wins the tourney.

I too nearly wasn't allowed to fight, I logged on just 5 minutes before the event, pmed Korrode to say I was omw but when I got there, initially I was told I was too late. Luckily it got sorted. A set time to be online and report to the TD would be great- maybe 10 minutes before advertised start time? I just went by the start time as advertised. I still have no idea what Korrodes cut off time actually was! He still says "x minutes"... ROFL

In the 40's tourney, 2 competitors got blocked (accidently) when they tried to go to the arena entrance, spectators need to watch where they sit! But next time I'll just ask a mod to tele me rather than yell at someone for 3 minutes :/ Unless the game designers want to redesign the maps so there's more room for seating? Or more exits from the seating area? Still no guarantee of course.

Anyway, I look foreward to the next one :) I know it will be even better!

well this was my first Pk event too, so i would like to thank you for hosting it,

and yes getting everyone to sit away from the entrance/exit & then figuring out the "PK line" would be very nice. would help clear up misunderstanding & confusing :happy:

also makes sure all competitors understand the rules before they sign'd up pls!! *cough* 4th diss your out...NOT 3rd *cough*

other then that it was quite enjoyable. & am hoping there will be more contests like this in the future. was tons of fun. :P

-TigerClaw :laugh:

Footage Edited for the first DPA 40/40 Showdown, you can find it here:

Still need to edit the footage for the 60/60 tournament. It will have at least 1-3 videos, significantly longer fights.. lol.