Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Cost of death poll... what are you willing to risk?

Of the offered poll choices, which is your maximum acceptable rosto/death cost?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. What is your max acceptable rosto cost to have you regularly PK'ing?

• I will only regularly PK if death costs nothing (no drop)
    • I would still regularly PK if rosto costs 8kgc
    • I would still regularly PK if rosto costs 25kgc
    • Rosto cost doesn't matter because i don't want to PK, or very little.
  2. 2. What is your max acceptable rosto cost to have you regularly participating in invasions?

• If the cost of rosto was 8kgc, i'd participate in invasions more.
    • I already participate as much as i'm wanting to, with the current ~25kgc rosto cost
    • Rosto cost doesn't matter because i don't want to regularly participate in invasions.

I seriously doubt gc's bought for $ are being used mostly to buy rostos in game. So the scenario you've presented above is based on false assumption.

However, so called "small rosto" idea presented some time ago was a good one and seems to be worth revisiting.

but people who currently buy gc for other things may buy rostos from the shop and sell them ingame, the current problem is that $4 buys you 30k from a farmer but no one will buy a rosto off you for 30k, if people bought rostos for 32k then people would buy rostos from shop and sell them on. or if it changed to $1 then people would only have to offer 8k for a rosto to make buying them from the shop better value.

if rostos were $1 each from the shop i wouldn't think twice about buying them and would have no qualms about going through 20-30 a year.

I seriously doubt gc's bought for $ are being used mostly to buy rostos in game.

I never said they were.

Anima already explained ;)

3. Rosto usage shoots up due to PK using rostos again and their cheapness making people much happier to goto situations where they'd likely lose them... plus add that the rostos usually found in-game would now all have to come from the shop.

I dont think Rosto usage would increase due to pk, as this would be down to how much people are willing to lose for fun. Going by the poll as it stands now PK would lose nearly 50% of its already small player base, and how many deaths at 8K (imo this price would increase as GC farmers increased their gc > $ rate to make sales) would the other 50% be willing to have on top of the normal PK costs ?

IMO what would happen is that most people would get fed up of 8k deaths and would only PK on ND days (as used to happen) and this would leave Radu out of pocket since rostos are now $1 instead of $4 ( @ 25 for $100)

People might think pk is a "joke" atm etc but no one can deny that since certain Pk areas became no-drop PK activity is 100% better than before.

Going back to the poll IMO PK should be ignored/left as is and time concentrated on the invasion side (since way more ppl attend or would attend invasions than ever PK)

"I dont think Rosto usage would increase due to pk"

Um, well... atm 0 rostos are used for PK, so i think that it would in fact increase :P

"Going by the poll as it stands now PK would lose nearly 50% of its already small player base"

1. KF often has "newbies" in it, i know many of them wouldn't be there if there was a cost of death, but they shouldn't be in KF anyway, they should be at DPa40 or DPa60 where the chances of them dying are a hell of a lot lower than in KF. So that percentage can go.

2. I have to wonder how many people voted they'd only PK if there's 0 death cost actually would PK with an 8kgc death cost, but are just voting that way because it's their extreme preference to keep KF ND.

...yourself for example Cona, you PK'ed before ND-KF, so i can assume with some confidence that you would still PK with a 8kgc death cost, and voted as such... but as you're a supporter of keeping KF ND, it ofc enters my mind that you'd possibly either not vote, or vote in favour of keeping PK with 0 death cost due to your preference, as opposed to the question asked, being: "your maximum acceptable".

But of course, the poll results must be taken as they stand, any assumptions or mine, or anyones, are irrelevant... and even with that as the case; If Radu's income from the shop has been getting to a point where he's starting to feel "it's not worth it", then some drop in KF activity is a price i'd be willing to pay.

"IMO what would happen is that most people would get fed up of 8k deaths and would only PK on ND days (as used to happen) and this would leave Radu out of pocket since rostos are now $1 instead of $4 ( @ 25 for $100)"

Well, the hope is that the price of rostos would actually drop as gc sellers would become few and far between, but yes, you're described outcome, although not what i personally think would happen, is possible, and that's the risk.

EDIT:

Part of the idea is that this would also result in the return to buying enriched essences and such from the shop, rather than buying gc from players and then buying them in-game.

Edited by Korrode

Not enough options. I didn't see a "I would pk if it were one on one and the death cost was nothing." I enjoyed a few rounds of pk once on NDD in Dp arena and NC cave. Both times were fun. No gang banging.

Well, the option for no death cost is the right option for you... you just have something additional to say :P

But with fear of breaking the space-time-continuum i'll say; I agree with you popeye, as i've (and others) have said before, rather NCa be no drop than KF... but that's for another thread.

I love to pk without rostogols with my harvesting alt on the PK server :icon13:

Fights with steel chain/leathers can be more fun then fights in full gear because in full gear there is no drop in the end.

A chance to get a drop when killing someone with a rostogol (random drops or one of your opponents items) would get my vote.

I wonder if people think the same on the main-server, any pk activity on no-rostogol days?

as far as i know people who do buy gc mostly do so by spending money ranging from $40-100

that means 1 goldbuyer would need to sell 40-100 rostogols from shop if they were $1..

there are more then 1 goldbuyers so market would flood with rostogols making purchasing gc directly a better option, since you have the certainty of getting the gc

as far as i know people who do buy gc mostly do so by spending money ranging from $40-100

that means 1 goldbuyer would need to sell 40-100 rostogols from shop if they were $1..

there are more then 1 goldbuyers so market would flood with rostogols making purchasing gc directly a better option, since you have the certainty of getting the gc

but thats assuming people would only use rosto's for that.

if the rosto's flooded the market and were not profitable people will just change to something else. like binding stones.

Quote taken from this thread: Click

ok, much as I abhor being incredulous, I have to admit I am totally gobsmacked.

This thread contains:-

2x suggestion to alter KFs drop/nodrop policy (ffs, how many times has someone tried to alter this from one to the other and/or back again??)

1x suggestion from korrode to bring in cheap PK rosto (like you dont know radu already KNOWS your idea?? lmao)

1x suggestion for a PK server (which already exists)

All we need is someone suggesting free/discounted gem sanding papers and we have a winner.

Seriously guys, spend more time off the forums & in KF and you will find all your efforts to increase pkers in KF will actually pay off better. (no need to quote me stats for how long you spend there, this is just a dig at you guys seeming to spend MORE time posting).

If you dont like it dont read it. Your coming on here and bitching about it contributes less than our repeated suggestions.

EDIT2: and how the fuck do u expect me to goto KF?

if i serp MCW with JS, i come back from session with like 1.5kgc of profit tops. If i use lower wep and do 1 flee i break even IF i dont break anything.

1.5kgc gets me about 4 minutes of competitive PK, and that's the only kind any serious PK'er is interested in.

Hmmmmm in this thread topic you wish to Increase the cost of PK by making KF drop again and forcing people to use rosto's (even at 8k its an increase in PK cost)

But in the other topic you complain that PK cost's alot and how can anyone expect you to goto KF with those said costs

So why suggest/make topics about increasing the cost of PK ?????

:confused:

1. i don't not promote 1 good idea because other failings in the game, that should be corrected, effect it.

Death should cost something, but not 'too much', so i support it.

Fighters should be able to earn enough gc, in a reasonable amount of time, for regular PK'ing, so i support it.

Each independent problem needs to be addressed, trying to use one to cancel out the other is a band aid solution, and doesn't address the core issues.

2. if you think about it, you'll be able to figure out the 2nd reason :confused:

(it's more selfish so i no actually post it, cause ppl say "omg whole idea just selfishly motivated", disregarding all the logical, non-selfish parts)

Edited by Korrode

1. i don't not promote 1 good idea because other failings in the game, that should be corrected, effect it.

Death should cost something, but not 'too much', so i support it.

Fighters should be able to earn enough gc, in a reasonable amount of time, for regular PK'ing, so i support it.

Each independent problem needs to be addressed, trying to use one to cancel out the other is a band aid solution, and doesn't address the core issues.

2. if you think about it, you'll be able to figure out the 2nd reason :confused:

(it's more selfish so i no actually post it, cause ppl say "omg whole idea just selfishly motivated", disregarding all the logical, non-selfish parts)

1. But unless both problems ( in your opinion) are solved at the same time, then they solve nothing, infact changing the 1st without the 2nd would make it worse.So Imo no point changing the 1st unless you have a 100% guarantee that the 2nd would be changed as well

note: I would rather things stay as they are, Imo Death doesnt need to cost anything, since the act of pking costs enough as it is, and increasing Gc drops "might" make the farming problem worse

2. Since your very first suggestion about $1 rosts and making KF drop again, I have had a good idea of what the "selfish" reason is :P

Edited by conavar

while someone mentioned cost of armors and st00f I really think its about time repairing degraded items was put into the hands of real players who have a decent chance of fixing it instead of left to the roll of a loaded dice in the hands of heavy beard or tankel

ive never been able to extensively test the 70% success rate of heavybeard ( because quite frankly im not a lunatic willing to spend 100s of K on degraded armor ) but from the items ive tried repairing he has broken them all

*edit* for the lady who loves milk chocolate

Edited by Ateh

while someone mentioned cost of armors and st00f I really think its about time repairing degraded items was put into the hands of real players who have a decent chance of fixing it instead of left to the roll of a loaded dice in the hands of heavy beard or tankel

That was the original plan for engineering:

As promised in a previous entry, I will reveal the new skill.

It is called engineering, and will be used for the following things: creating landmines and RC bombs, repairing weapons and armors, and possibly in the player based city construction.[1]

A pity it hasn't happened so far, it's perhaps the main reason I picked up engineering as a skill. Let's hope for the future... :o

Rehdon

[1] Eternal Lands development journal, entry for 2007-01-23.

but thats assuming people would only use rosto's for that.

if the rosto's flooded the market and were not profitable people will just change to something else. like binding stones.

yeah, but rostogols get changed to $1 so that they would cost 8k gc, taking on the rate of $ to gc goldfarmers give

so the binding stones would need to be changed accordingly too