Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Cost of death poll... what are you willing to risk?

Of the offered poll choices, which is your maximum acceptable rosto/death cost?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. What is your max acceptable rosto cost to have you regularly PK'ing?

• I will only regularly PK if death costs nothing (no drop)
    • I would still regularly PK if rosto costs 8kgc
    • I would still regularly PK if rosto costs 25kgc
    • Rosto cost doesn't matter because i don't want to PK, or very little.
  2. 2. What is your max acceptable rosto cost to have you regularly participating in invasions?

• If the cost of rosto was 8kgc, i'd participate in invasions more.
    • I already participate as much as i'm wanting to, with the current ~25kgc rosto cost
    • Rosto cost doesn't matter because i don't want to regularly participate in invasions.

Please vote as though the stated choices are your only options. If you don't completely agree with any of them, vote for whichever is closest to your preference.

This is not a Radu prompted poll, the outcome is only for my personal information, in relation to a suggestion to help increase RL$ made from the EL shop.

Thanks.

EDIT: The first question is assuming No Drop PK areas were removed.

EDIT2: changed main poll question to say "maximum acceptable cost", not "preferred cost", as max acceptable is what i'm trying to ascertain.

Edited by Korrode

For invasions my lack of participation has nothing to do with the cost of rostos - but more to do with the a/d disparity in the game. I'm in the 40s.

If the invasion monsters are weak enough that I'd have a chance against them then the wholemob will be gone before I can get to it.

If the invasion monsters are strong, then I'll be killed before I even see the monster show up on-screen with any lag at all... :P

I think what is needed is a way to better balance invasion participation - I'd be happy to participate in a garg or below invasion (or orcs on a non-multi map). However, there isn't much point if those monsters are going to crash against the shields of 120 a/d chars and just poof away... :P

#Edit - Removed.. Make PK need rosto again, nothing is gained from PK anymore, it's more of a money sink now, than when rosto were used/needed.

Edited by Liquid

If the invasion monsters are weak enough that I'd have a chance against them then the wholemob will be gone before I can get to it.

Well, one thing you could consider is that perhaps the people who wipe away those monsters so quickly would be off fighting something stronger if the death cost (and hence; the risk) was reduced :P

Perhaps.

Please vote as though the stated choices are your only options. If you don't completely agree with any of them, vote for whichever is closest to your preference.

This is not a Radu prompted poll, the outcome is only for my personal information, in relation to a suggestion to help increase RL$ made from the EL shop.

Thanks.

EDIT: The first question is assuming No Drop PK areas were removed.

EDIT2: changed main poll question to say "maximum acceptable cost", not "preferred cost", as max acceptable is what i'm trying to ascertain.

I said I would only "PK" if cost of death nothing, and i don't want to regularly participate in invasions (I do, but 8kgc is above my maxiumum acceptable cost.)

#Edit - Removed.. Make PK need rosto again, nothing is gained from PK anymore, it's more of a money sink now, than when rosto were used/needed.

Wasn't it a money sink before, as well?

I enjoy no drop kf, but I do would like to see rostos being used in pk, but at the moment 25k for a rosto makes it very very expensive for the average joe_player

One idea would be to reduce the cost to 1 dollar/rosto

Or to leave rostos as is, and introudce small rostos that only work on pk maps?

I was thinking, "what an arbitrary number for the price of rostogols." and then it hit me, you're using the current USD-GC exchange rate, right? In spite of sounding completely cheap, why don't we take the 'norm' price of 1USD-5kgc and place the rostogols at 5kgc price. I'm not sure if this would affect gold farming though, but if rostogols were made cheaper surely it would be more beneficial to buy straight from radu, rather than going through a third party gold seller?

being small character i am all for no drop. this is better than being smacked around buy bigger character

that has just frying pan and losing my junk. i also wish there were more i guess nexus limited realms

to fight in so you could get some normal no hassle fighting in. as opposed to having to wait a whole

year or whatever to even consider it.

I was thinking, "what an arbitrary number for the price of rostogols." and then it hit me, you're using the current USD-GC exchange rate, right? In spite of sounding completely cheap, why don't we take the 'norm' price of 1USD-5kgc and place the rostogols at 5kgc price. I'm not sure if this would affect gold farming though, but if rostogols were made cheaper surely it would be more beneficial to buy straight from radu, rather than going through a third party gold seller?

The GC-USD rate has changed dramatically

In spite of sounding completely cheap, why don't we take the 'norm' price of 1USD-5kgc and place the rostogols at 5kgc price.

I have a response to this, and a detailed suggestion (basically what i striked-out in another thread, but was going to go into more detail)... but it's all pending the outcome of this poll, so i'll wait until tomorrow.

Ok, Korrode, I am willing to make a cheap rosto ONLY for PKing death, if you gurarantee me that you will lose at least 50 during a 1 month interval :P

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

but if they're only sold in the shop, @$1, that's where i'd always get mine from anyways :>

Although i would/do support a $1 PK rosto, that's not the goal of my suggestion.

My suggestion would be that you make it so normal rostos only come into the game via the shop (no more harvesting events, no more drops), and make them $1... and remove ND PK areas.

I at least, expect the outcome would be:

1. Rosto price drops to whatever current US$1 = XXgc is (so ~8kgc atm... and would always reflect whatever the current 'unofficial' rate is)

2. Those looking to buy gc would get the same deal by buying rostos as they'd get buying gc off farmers. With you it's risk-free, and they can support the game without 'losing-out'.

3. Rosto usage shoots up due to PK using rostos again and their cheapness making people much happier to goto situations where they'd likely lose them... plus add that the rostos usually found in-game would now all have to come from the shop.

4. Hopefully the gc sellers are put largely out of business, as even if they offer better rates, so long as rosto price always reflects 'unofficial' exchange rate, it should always be the preferred method to 'buy gc'.

5. With a decline in gc harvesting and selling, hopefully the inflation would drop down, rare ingreds and such get cheaper in-game wise, and that would include rostos, further promoting their usage; more PK'ing, more invasions participating.

I realise there's risk that things wouldn't pan out this way, but i cant imagine the first 3 points not happening, and they count most.

I don't think people would actually put their money where their mouth is. If I follow your suggestion, maybe I'd sell 50 rostos a day, that's like 1500 a month, before PayPal fees and taxes.

There is no way KF would be as full as it is today.

Ent, *some* people think kf as a joke the way it is now. The fact that you don't lose anything. That fact that it is cheaper to die then to run. People using #suicide to avoid losing pki. It goes on

I always thought PK was about strategy. To gain with out losing. The skill of it all. Using all the little perks and such that are conducted their.

On a different note: The lower level people who go in now w/ kf being no drops probaly won't go in so you might lose that crowd (but we/they don't belong anyway) so there is that factor :icon13: But I still vote Combat Level Limit PK maps! <3 <3

Ent, *some* people think kf as a joke the way it is now. The fact that you don't lose anything. That fact that it is cheaper to die then to run. People using #suicide to avoid losing pki. It goes on

I always thought PK was about strategy. To gain with out losing. The skill of it all. Using all the little perks and such that are conducted their.

On a different note: The lower level people who go in now w/ kf being no drops probaly won't go in so you might lose that crowd (but we/they don't belong anyway) so there is that factor :icon13: But I still vote Combat Level Limit PK maps! <3 <3

And I am forcing you to go there? Where do elitist people like you hang out?

Well we can never know for sure if people will 'put their money where their mouth is'... if you don't think there's enough chance of them doing that to risk the idea, fair enough... still may wanna try the PK exclusive $1 rosto tho ^^

Even if KF remains ND... they maybe get NCa used, and selling any amount of them is better than selling none :icon13:

Edited by Korrode

I seriously doubt gc's bought for $ are being used mostly to buy rostos in game. So the scenario you've presented above is based on false assumption.

However, so called "small rosto" idea presented some time ago was a good one and seems to be worth revisiting.

3. Rosto usage shoots up due to PK using rostos again and their cheapness making people much happier to goto situations where they'd likely lose them... plus add that the rostos usually found in-game would now all have to come from the shop.

I dont think Rosto usage would increase due to pk, as this would be down to how much people are willing to lose for fun. Going by the poll as it stands now PK would lose nearly 50% of its already small player base, and how many deaths at 8K (imo this price would increase as GC farmers increased their gc > $ rate to make sales) would the other 50% be willing to have on top of the normal PK costs ?

IMO what would happen is that most people would get fed up of 8k deaths and would only PK on ND days (as used to happen) and this would leave Radu out of pocket since rostos are now $1 instead of $4 ( @ 25 for $100)

People might think pk is a "joke" atm etc but no one can deny that since certain Pk areas became no-drop PK activity is 100% better than before.

Going back to the poll IMO PK should be ignored/left as is and time concentrated on the invasion side (since way more ppl attend or would attend invasions than ever PK)

My suggestion would be that you make it so normal rostos only come into the game via the shop (no more harvesting events, no more drops), and make them $1... and remove ND PK areas.

I don't know about selling rostos through shop only, but IMHO removing ND PK areas is a bad idea: I'm not a pker, I will try at some point and knowing that I don't risk losing stuff is a great incentive. Allowing people to dip their toes in the dangerous sea of pking is the only way to attract more players to this activity, remove it and you'll see very little new blood (no pun intended :) )

Rehdon

I usually don't participate much in these threads, as i don't PK atm. (i hope to get there someday again, i did on the first server, before the crash)

But seeing how "newbies" wander around in armor and stuff worth 100s of 1000s of gc, i don't think 25k gc is too much for a rosto.

If you want "small" rostos additionally, there should be a limit as to the value they can protect too, maybe an 8k stone protects only gear worth up to 100k, OR they give you a reduced drop chance of maybe only 10% or so, the latter would also leave the chance for a nice surprise in one or the other DB... just a thought :)

Well we can never know for sure if people will 'put their money where their mouth is'... if you don't think there's enough chance of them doing that to risk the idea, fair enough... still may wanna try the PK exclusive $1 rosto tho ^^

Even if KF remains ND... they maybe get NCa used, and selling any amount of them is better than selling none :)

No point imo, i think people in NCA will have a "pk rost" anyway so if i kill them i won't get any drop (but maybe the satisfaction of making them lose 8k :D:):medieval::devlish: )

maybe this is a little off topic.. but i never bought rosto's to sell as gc's. but i did on a few occasions buy binding stones to sell on my bots or me personally for gc's. and the exchange rate was fairly reasonable.

Actually, the problem for me is not losing a rostogol (I can visit DPA2 and enjoy the ND anyway), it's getting the money together for armour and supplies, with the risk of competing against people my level. Not that I'm objecting to your point, just thought it was worthy of note, considering I'd think other people are in the same situation, (need money for supplies, need to gain levels to not be uberpwned).